Is Derrick Rose the most athletic pass-first PG to ever play?

j.kidd...to the thread starter did you forget how raw he was when he first got in the NBA?...the dude was very athLetic and he never shot

need more than a couple summer league and a preseason game to point him as the best.
dont you think?

Robert Pack was more athletic than Derrick Rose...not a better player, but more athletic...

*now that I think about it, I shouldn't say Rose is the better player, cause Pack put up some nice numbers in his run in the NBA.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Why do folks call him pass first
I was going to ask the same thing, but didn't want to sound stupid.
laugh.gif

How is he not a pass first guard?

How many times did we see him take contested shots and shots not in the flow of the offense last year? Hardly any.

That doesn't make him a pass first though.

Jameer Nelson doesn't really FORCE shots either, but he doesn't strike me as a pass first PG

You have Shoot First (Steph)
You have Pass First (Stock)
Then you have that GREY area; whatever you want to call them (Rose)

I don't think of him as a pass first. A pass first PG is someone that I can envision averaging at least 8 APG with proper mins played. I don't see Roseever doing that

Baron Davis in 2001 is more athletic than D Rose is now

Much stronger; basically the same across the table

^ ridiculous.

Baron in 2001 WAS NOT more athletic than derrick rose. Cmon homie have your biases. The only thing baron has on derrick is strength.

The reason why this kids cieling is so high and made him the first pick in the draft is this very reason: hes the most athletic pass first point guard to comein in a long time.

Under no circumstances whatsoever was baron going to be a 1st pick regardless of if he had his injuries or not.

Iverson is more athletic than rose, but he of course was not pass first

What do you mean the ONLY thing he has is strength? As if that isn't a BIG factor when determining how athletic a person is.

What does Rose have over Baron?

And why do I have to be BIASED because I said Baron was more athletic?

I am not talking about BASKETBALL SKILLS, why are you talking about draft order?

I am talking about ATHLETICISM between the two. Not potential

How is Iverson more athletic than Rose but Baron isn't?

Did you watch Basketball in 2001? Or more importantly, did you know who/where Baron Davis was in 2001? Baron was a freak athletically, We'll see if Yukucooperates

Baron in Charlotte was
sick.gif
. No comparison, Baron > Rose at that time.

ok lets break it down

explosion : derrick rose

second jump: derrick rose

strength: Baron

speed: rose

agility: rose

You think some highlight tape is going to influence me?? ahhhahah when baron yams on someone its not his vertical that makes it so impressive its his strengthand the force he throws down with

and yeah i started watching hoops in 93 so i was introduced to baron during his early years thank you very much. I watched happily as he lost in the secondround of the playoffs twice.

That is my opinion however dont catch feelings and get emotional because i did not appreciate your highlight tape.

However refer to draftexpress.net pg workout lists its very interesting

Rose has the most balanced ombination numbers of anyone

plz refer to this list its very interesting Rose or not Rose cool to look at hte predraft numbers of htese guys

http://www.draftexpress.c...l&sort2=DESC&draft=0&pos=

at the same age rose is not close to
Davis in terms of body control and bounce just look at video of Davis at ucla and alot of that was on one good leg.

In terms of speed...I don't know how anyone can say Baron was as fast as Rose. Baron is moreso quick than fast.

I still think AI was the best scoring pg is he counts as a pg.

his hops is nowhere near Rose
Young Marbury has mad ups. He was up there around 40 for sure. He didnt use it alot and Rose does get up a bit higher, but you cant say his hopsare nowhere near. They just a bit higher

I wish I would have jumped in before page 4. But dude?
smh.gif
seriously....top 5 stupidest posts of the year.

And Baron Davis was not only more athletic at the same age as Rose, he was flat out better.

Originally Posted by rickybadman

Kevin Johnson gets my vote

definitely as far as foot speed, open court acceleration, & explosiveness/quickness. He might not have been as big as Baron but was at least equal/if notbetter overall athlete IMO.

Hopefully we'll see what's good with D. Rose this year
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by In Yo Nostril

baron davis could shoot the ball. derrick rose cannot shoot all that well yet. stop comparing them
We're talking about athleticism...
And Baron Davis was not only more athletic at the same age as Rose,
False

Back
Top Bottom