Is Dwyane Wade the 3rd best SG of all time?

huge iverson fan here but if u would take him over wade please be aware of the damage u r doing to the credibility of your basketball opinions before u post

huge iverson fan here but if u would take him over wade please be aware of the damage u r doing to the credibility of your basketball opinions before u post

why do you say that? What has Wade done that blows Iverson out of the water ( besides defense because hes a bigger guy).

Wade is a much better athlete but I remember Iverson being a FAR more dominant player than Wade ever was or ever will be.

I don't think choosing AI over Wade makes your credibility go down; they're both phenomenal players.

Hate when D. Whistle gets calls though :smh:.

Last edited:
He wasn't efficient or capable enough to lead his team deep into the playoffs without help...Ivo was.

Stats aren't everything.

Last edited:
Iverson took damn near 30 shots a game in his prime.

Only took his team deep in the playoffs one season...ya'll act like Iverson was consistent with the wins.

Iverson took damn near 30 shots a game in his prime.

Only took his team deep in the playoffs one season...ya'll act like Iverson was consistent with the wins.

is the discussion about individual or teams? You say it as if Wade was really winning stuff without Lebron or shaq

30 points, 6 assist career playoff record and a Finals appearance with one of the worst rosters in NBA history.

Don't care what his FGP was, that's damn impressive.

Look at what AI did from 98-01 with the caliber of teams that he had, compared to the success (or lack of it) Wade had in the post Shaq/Pre Heatles years.

Back to back years averaging over 31 points, about 5 assists and 3 steals. Come on.

Wade never dominated the league like AI.

Iverson had better individual stats and team success as a leader of his squad.

Last edited:
His FG average is 42% tho, seems like a lot of effort to me
I'm a big Iverson fan.. I don't even like Wade but Wade is better
Nah

FG% don't speak for the whole game dude. Just because you have 50% FG don't mean you're automatically better. If you pay attention to the game.  Wade can't shoot like Iverson. He feasted on easy lay up and dunks.

Both played on a weak conference but Iverson got a lot further and more out of his 5'11 frame

iversons mvp season was probably one of the most impressive things ive seen in sports.  but i feel like this is moreso a question of who would u rather build a winning team around than whos career would make the best movie.  wade just does more things to help a team win on a consistent basis.  swap wade for iverson on those nugget teams and they def make it past the first round.

Nah
FG% don't speak for the whole game dude. Just because you have 50% FG don't mean you're automatically better. If you pay attention to the game.  Wade can't shoot like Iverson. He feasted on easy lay up and dunks.

Both played on a weak conference but Iverson got a lot further and more out of his 5'11 frame

yeah i was going to say this. Wade was more of a dunker than Ai was, where Ai was a more jump shooter. So while wade may be a more efficient shooter, he isnt a better shooter. Because it isnt his strong suit

iversons mvp season was probably one of the most impressive things ive seen in sports.  but i feel like this is moreso a question of who would u rather build a winning team around than whos career would make the best movie.  wade just does more things to help a team win on a consistent basis.  swap wade for iverson on those nugget teams and they def make it past the first round.

All hypotheticals, though.

Put AI with a healthy motivated Shaq and a bunch of good role players and AI would have a ring too.

Last edited:
is the discussion about individual or teams? You say it as if Wade was really winning stuff without Lebron or shaq
I hate to even say this...but that's like saying Jordan wasn't winning until the Bulls drafted Pippen. I usually don't even use that argument but it's only fair. You do not win in the NBA without a 1-2 or sometimes 1, 2, 3 punch.

What has Iverson really done besides go to the finals in 01?  Everybody knows the east was weak as hell that year.

He had epic moments against Vince, and I'll give him credit he beat Ray, Big Dog, and Sam pretty much by himself.

Beat the Lakers in game 1...great performance. But all of that was in 1 season.

Now that was 01...what happened afterwards?

Where's the consistency?

Just look at his FG% man...and compare it with Wade's.

He shot in the 30's percentile for two seasons out of his career. Come on now. Then the low 40's percentile for almost the rest of those seasons.

That's the type of player you want leading your team?

On another note...so we're gonna act like defense is not part of the game? AI's defense is atrocious...playing the passing lanes and gambling does not = solid defender.

We all know what Wade brings to the table defensively.

Last edited:
Where's the consistency?

I think you need to look over A.I.'s career again.

He average 25+, 5 + assists, 2+ steals for a decade and the 76ers were perennially in the top half of the EC and in the second round of the playoffs during the AI years.

Wade had multiple first round boots in the prime of his ability and his team went 15-67 in 07-08 due to his penchant for injuries.

From the 98/99 season to the 2002/03 season, Iverson lead the 6ers to 3 ECF semis and 1 NBA Finals appearance.

From the 2006/07 to the 2009/10 season, Wade and the Heat got bumped 3 times in the first round and failed to make the playoffs once.

Where are these make believe histories and careers coming from?

Winning a ring in the NBA really does give fans amnesia.

Last edited:
Nah

Easy Lay Ups and Dunk > Jumpshots

Iverson went to the finals once, Wade three times. Iverson has 0 rings, Wade has 2. Dont see how Iverson got further.

Dudes always bring up Iverson's height like we're arguing who the better Pound for Pound fighters. We are talking about All Around SG.

^ The east was always the weakest conference during AI's prime, compared to the West as a conference overall it was laughable to say the least.

Please answer this...what did AI do after 01?

^ The east was always the weakest conference during AI's prime, compared to the West as a conference overall it was laughable to say the least.

Please answer this...what did AI do after 01?

Average 31.4 points, 5.5 assists, 2.7 steals and lead a talent strapped team to back to back ECF semi-finals visits.

What did Wade do from 2006 - 2010 in the prime of his capabilities and with full control to the reigns of his team?

Last edited:
Flat out if you take the prime of their careers, their physical peaks and statistical highs....when Ivo was stepping over Tyron Lue (99-03) and Flash was teabagging Varejao (06-10)...when they were both the undisputed leaders of their respective teams.....Iverson was flat out better.

Iverson was a better individual player and he lead his team to greater success.

Y'all are just giving D. Wade the nod because of his athleticism and rings (which came with great help from other top 15/20 ALL TIME players who were arguably the better player and team leader at the time of the chips).

Better teams win rings but we are talking about who is the better individual player.

Last edited:
Where's the consistency?
I think you need to look over A.I.'s career again.
He average 25+, 5 + assists, 2+ steals for a decade and the 76ers were perennially in the top half of the EC and in the second round of the playoffs during the AI years.
Wade had multiple first round boots in the prime of his ability and his team went 15-67 in 07-08 due to his penchant for injuries.
From the 98/99 season to the 2002/03 season, Iverson lead the 6ers to 3 ECF semis and 1 NBA Finals appearance.
From the 2006/07 to the 2009/10 season, Wade and the Heat got bumped 3 times in the first round and failed to make the playoffs once.
Where are these make believe histories and careers coming from?
Winning a ring in the NBA really does give fans amnesia.
Son...we handing out awards for making it past the 1st round? Only to turn around and get knocked off in the 2nd round...

This for a supposedly top 3 SG of all time.

Then you mention Wade's penchant for injuries...this dude AI waited until late in the summer after his 01 run to have surgery further hindering the team's progress of duplicating the previous years success.

Now let's talk about Wade's success in the playoff's compared to Iverson's.

He was a rookie in 03. Did not reach playoffs.

03-04 won first round, got beat second round...sound familar?

04-05 went to the ECF only to lose to a Pistons team that had the east on lock for years. Iverson only made it once.

05-06 he's crowned a Champion.
pimp.gif

06-07 swept by the Bulls.

07-08 did not make playoffs.

08-09 lost first round to Hawks.

We can stop right there...because AI was irrelevant after 2009.

Still a better resume than AI's. because he got a ring.

Last edited:
Easy Lay Ups and Dunk > Jumpshots
Iverson went to the finals once, Wade three times. Iverson has 0 rings, Wade has 2. Dont see how Iverson got further.
Dudes always bring up Iverson's height like we're arguing who the better Pound for Pound fighters. We are talking about All Around SG.
No in order to be a complete scorer you need to be able to shoot the 3 and mid range effectively not just easy dunk and lay up.

Wade like Kobe had better scoring teammates.  Lebron, Bosh, Shaq etc

Ai had Mutumbo and Erick Snow.

Your boxing comparison is way off. This is basketball. In NBA height does matter. How many 5'11 player ever won MVP or reach Finals?

I'd take prime AI over Wade any day of the week.

Back
Top Bottom