Is Dwyane Wade the 3rd best SG of all time?

penny?lol half of you dont even know the positions of the players you talkin about...a few posts before someone suggests dominique...go do your homework sons...please oh please...
Penny played the point for his first couple of seasons then went to the 2.  That one playoffs were he killed he was playing the 2. With the Suns he was a 2.  Same story with AI he started his career at the 1.  Maybe you should slow down man

penny?lol half of you dont even know the positions of the players you talkin about...a few posts before someone suggests dominique...go do your homework sons...please oh please...
Penny spent most of his "Non-Shaq" years running the 2. Remember when Armstrong was the starting PG for Orlando?

And also his days in Pho.

Don't call someone dumb if it isn't even needed man.

If you're biased like Jay is, don't comment or post, you're wasting time.

All this Ray Allen talk is nonsense, and I'm a huge Ray Allen fan cause of UConn.

Ray Allen is one of the best to ever do it but he has never been better than Wade. Ray Allen was athletic but he didn't have the footwork Wade had. Wade is one of the best finishers I've ever seen, he gets to the rim and splits defenses at ease. Wade dominates the ball but that's because he was such a good dribbler and floor leader. Ray Allen was never that kind up player, and I'm not even going to bring up defense and physical play. Not even close. I hate the Heat and Wade to.

If you're biased like Jay is, don't comment or post, you're wasting time.
All this Ray Allen talk is nonsense, and I'm a huge Ray Allen fan cause of UConn.
Ray Allen is one of the best to ever do it but he has never been better than Wade. Ray Allen was athletic but he didn't have the footwork Wade had. Wade is one of the best finishers I've ever seen, he gets to the rim and splits defenses at ease. Wade dominates the ball but that's because he was such a good dribbler and floor leader. Ray Allen was never that kind up player, and I'm not even going to bring up defense and physical play. Not even close. I hate the Heat and Wade to.

You are right I probably should shy away from this thread due to how douchey Wade is. But like I said I grew up loving Wade. He played for my team at one point. So I am bit objective, I'm very aware of how good Wade is.

Bias aside whether or not you think Wade is better there is at least an argument to be made for Ray. The fact that he's the greatest 3 point shooter at the shooting Gaurd position should justify an argument alone.

We are talking all time right? Ray is playing with Wade right now and putting up numbers close to his with less playing time. And wade is supposed to be in his prime. I know it's early but longevity should matter. I see Wade regressing much quicker as he gets older than Allen.

You are right I probably should shy away from this thread due to how douchey Wade is. But like I said I grew up loving Wade. He played for my team at one point. So I am bit objective, I'm very aware of how good Wade is.
Bias aside whether or not you think Wade is better there is at least an argument to be made for Ray. The fact that he's the greatest 3 point shooter at the shooting Gaurd position should justify an argument alone.
We are talking all time right? Ray is playing with Wade right now and putting up numbers close to his with less playing time. And wade is supposed to be in his prime. I know it's early but longevity should matter. I see Wade regressing much quicker as he gets older than Allen.
can you explain to me how Wade is such a big douche-bag because from my perspective he just looks like a person who doesn't like being a pushover. Your argument is so flaw so just because Ray is a superior 3 point shooter then you could make an argument that he's better than Wade. No because a SG does more than shoot 3 and if that's your argument than you can argue he's a better shooting guard than MJ and Kobe. Wade is the better shooting guard because he's a better overall player , point blank. You know why Ray never dominated the ball like Wade because he never had the creativity or ability to have the ball in his hands for such a long period of time and Wade can play and defend all the perimeter positions! And your argument about them putting up similar stats in less playing time is flawed as well because one Ray is just shooting wide open 3s because of Wade and Lebron so of course his efficiency is going look similar to the someone as efficient as Wade. Question would you take Ray over Wade right now? Of course not and I will never would in any point of time.

can you explain to me how Wade is such a big douche-bag because from my perspective he just looks like a person who doesn't like being a pushover. Your argument is so flaw so just because Ray is a superior 3 point shooter then you could make an argument that he's better than Wade. No because a SG does more than shoot 3 and if that's your argument than you can argue he's a better shooting guard than MJ and Kobe. Wade is the better shooting guard because he's a better overall player , point blank. You know why Ray never dominated the ball like Wade because he never had the creativity or ability to have the ball in his hands for such a long period of time and Wade can play and defend all the perimeter positions! And your argument about them putting up similar stats in less playing time is flawed as well because one Ray is just shooting wide open 3s because of Wade and Lebron so of course his efficiency is going look similar to the someone as efficient as Wade. Question would you take Ray over Wade right now? Of course not and I will never would in any point of time.

There are soo many reasons why Dwyane Wade is a douche that it could be a thread topic itself. You asking that almost motivates me to make that thread.

But for right now for this thread ill just leave this here.

First off I took back that Ray or anyone else is for sure better than Wade. I came in hating just to hate cause it makes me feel good to hate on Wade. Its the only way I can relieve my frustration from how much of a douche bag he is.

This thread wouldnt be thread worthy if everyone in here said Wade is top 3 no doubt. So for the sake of arguing I do think there are arguments that can be made for Wade not being top 3. I didnt say Ray was better because he was a better 3 point shooter. But that definitely plays a role in justifying who is better. Being the greatest 3 point shooter of all time at the SG position should matter in a debate about who's a better shooting guard. Leave Kobe and MJ out of this they matter zero in this thread. Even though shooting guards are supposed to be good shooters like Ray im aware there is more to it. Yes Wade is better at driving but that doesnt mean Ray is completely inept at getting to the basket himself. Maybe Rays ability to shoot the ball outweighs Wades ability to get to the bucket. Perhaps Ray didnt dominate the ball because he played his position and had a quality PG like Sam Cassell who's job IS to dominate the ball. Perhaps dominating the ball isnt always a good thing. Wade isnt Jordan or Kobe so these things do matter.

Last edited:
I might have to place Ray over Wade.

Also, haven't seen the OP, Nationaltruckerdave, posting in here. Dude must have created the thread to watch people duke it out.

There are soo many reasons why Dwyane Wade is a douche that it could be a thread topic itself. You asking that almost motivates me to make that thread.
But for right now for this thread ill just leave this here.
First off I took back that Ray or anyone else is for sure better than Wade. I came in hating just to hate cause it makes me feel good to hate on Wade. Its the only way I can relieve my frustration from how much of a douche bag he is.
This thread wouldnt be thread worthy if everyone in here said Wade is top 3 no doubt. So for the sake of arguing I do think there are arguments that can be made for Wade not being top 3. I didnt say Ray was better because he was a better 3 point shooter. But that definitely plays a role in justifying who is better. Being the greatest 3 point shooter of all time at the SG position should matter in a debate about who's a better shooting guard. Leave Kobe and MJ out of this they matter zero in this thread. Even though shooting guards are supposed to be good shooters like Ray im aware there is more to it. Yes Wade is better at driving but that doesnt mean Ray is completely inept at getting to the basket himself. Maybe Rays ability to shoot the ball outweighs Wades ability to get to the bucket. Perhaps Ray didnt dominate the ball because he played his position and had a quality PG like Sam Cassell who's job IS to dominate the ball. Perhaps dominating the ball isnt always a good thing. Wade isnt Jordan or Kobe so these things do matter.
well can you please list one thing other than shooting the ball that Ray Allen is for sure better than D. Wade in? because D.Wade for sure have driving, posting up, dribbling, creating space, versatility, finishing ability, court vision, defending, etc over Ray. the man is a 6'4 shooting with a career average of 1 bpg :pimp:

Last edited:
No, I never actually saw them play on TV or live. I've of course seen highlight videos of them, but with this logic, should Wilt be left my list of greatest centers of all time? Just because I have never seen him play outside of highlights/video footage? Just because I have never seen them play, I can't pay respect to them? West and Gervin are legends at the shooting guard position and their resumes should speak for themselves.
No, you can't honestly pay respect to someone if you didn't EXPERIENCE their career. So you should only speak on players that you have experienced. You don't have to include those older players just because you are "supposed to."
I can't side with this. I'm 23 years old going on 24 so I only got to see the back end of Jordans career more specifically the last two rings and I was a little kid back then. My knowledge of the game was minute. Does this mean that I can't speak about Jordan? Obviously there are some limits like I'm not going to act like I know everything about Oscar Robertson and his career but when it comes to players from the early 80s and up I have no problem with people doing it. There's too many videos and resources available that people can use to formulate their opinions.

There are some names that have to be listed whether we saw them play or not because their talent was undeniable

Last edited:
I can't side with this. I'm 23 years old going on 24 so I only got to see the back end of Jordans career more specifically the last two rings and I was a little kid back then. My knowledge of the game was minute. Does this mean that I can't speak about Jordan? Obviously there are some limits like I'm not going to act like I know everything about Oscar Robertson and his career but when it comes to players from the early 80s and up I have no problem with people doing it. There's too many videos and resources available that people can use to formulate their opinions.
There are some names that have to be listed whether we saw them play or not because their talent was undeniable
See, the thing is this, you can't experience someone's career through video. Sure you can watch what they did but seeing them day after day for years is much different than picking and choosing to watch whatever video is available to you. So I would say unless you had a conscious basketball mind at the time I don't think it is FAIR to speak on a player's career.

See, the thing is this, you can't experience someone's career through video. Sure you can watch what they did but seeing them day after day for years is much different than picking and choosing to watch whatever video is available to you. So I would say unless you had a conscious basketball mind at the time I don't think it is FAIR to speak on a player's career.
I agree with that especially ESPN Classic only shows games where said person went off, but I really only mentioned it to lean on my point that in some cases you dont really need to watch every thing they did in order to speak on them at least in my opinion. This really only applies to people whos greatness was pretty much undeniable, like MJ, Bird, Magic etc. You couldnt make a list and not include these people even if you didnt see them play. In the case of this thread, theres probably one person who's seen Jerry West play live for an extended amount of time if that so I can see where you're coming from but he would fall into my category of "He has to be mentioned because he was that great" category.

Well, I don't feel I owe them anything so I don't feel I have to put anyone on any list of mine. I only list players that I have personally seen/comprehended.

I do see your point, I swear I do but I don't think it is fair to judge folks without knowing them forreal.

Penny spent most of his "Non-Shaq" years running the 2. Remember when Armstrong was the starting PG for Orlando?
And also his days in Pho.
Don't call someone dumb if it isn't even needed man.

not dumb, but penny was only great a handful of years which doesnt put him in this conversation.. besides imo he was better as a pg than a sg

Ok put it like this, nobody you guys have named can guard Wade. Now can wade guard the people yall have named??? Yes. Get outta here with that jerry west mess he was a more than great player but stop kidding yourself Wade would embarrass him on the hardwood.

Get outta here with that jerry west mess he was a more than great player but stop kidding yourself Wade would embarrass him on the hardwood.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom