Is Dwyane Wade the 3rd best SG of all time?

MJ
The Logo
Kobe
Ice Man Gervin
Clyde
Iverson
Mitch Richmond
Reggie
Joe Dumars
Ray Allen
In order, this is MY list of all-time great shooting guards.
I would take all of these guys, in their prime, over Wade in his prime any day of the week.
Wow, the hate is stronger than imagined.

You are out of your mind.

Milwalkuee Bucks Ray Allen was a problem man. IDK if I would put him above Wade though, but I will say that a good argument can be made for him. I'm just not in the frame of mind to give Ray any amount of praise right now after he got his soul taken away from him last night.

Bucks Ray Allen was good but Sonics Ray Allen was better.
this. bucks ray allen was more athletic, but i think he was an overall better player by the time he got to seattle.
I can agree with this. He was a much better player over there, that was where his mental game shot up to where it is now, I always remember him as a Buck Ffirst for some reason cant really say why.

The disrespect for D Wade :lol:

MJ
Kobe
Jerry
Clyde
Wade
Ray
Reggie

I would give a healthy D Wade the edge over prime Ray Allen because of his defense.

People either forget or dont know Ray was DEADLY in his Milwalkuee and Seattle days. He was quick, athletic and he was as good of a shooter as he is now.

Last edited:
LOL at people naming players from the '60's, '70's, or even the early 80's.

"All-time" lists have too many flaws (different era: different style, different athleticism, etc.). Dudes naming older players are basing their opinions off a few highlights of these players playing against a different competition and going along with the opinions of the older generation folks who think so and so.

Last edited:
Wade is up there but Reggie Miller, Clyde Drexler and Ray Allen are all comparable.
Wade gave you more points than all 3 of those dudes on comparable efficiency & is a better passer than Reggie & Ray.

give me clyde, Jerry West, Ice Man.
Gervin who never passed? Clyde who only has 3 seasons over 24 ppg?

Dude had a six year stretch in his prime where he shot 42% or lower. It was not difficult to make Iverson miss shots.

That was the only hope in stopping AI. Just hope he misses more shots than usual.

Considering that on average he shot 10/24 they didn't need to have too much hope.

dog Clycle and Joe Dumars were animals....especially Joe, i guess cats dont remember Joe going toe to toe with Jordan on both ends of the court

Wade wouldnt stand a chance against a Milwaukee era Ray Allen .. Ray would kill you off the dribble and dunk on you or shoot the lights out I you give him room

Bucks Ray, Sonics Ray, it doesn't matter. Ray was great but never as good as prime Wade. This is getting out of hand.

Last edited:
No, I never actually saw them play on TV or live. I've of course seen highlight videos of them, but with this logic, should Wilt be left my list of greatest centers of all time? Just because I have never seen him play outside of highlights/video footage? Just because I have never seen them play, I can't pay respect to them? West and Gervin are legends at the shooting guard position and their resumes should speak for themselves.
No, you can't honestly pay respect to someone if you didn't EXPERIENCE their career. So you should only speak on players that you have experienced. You don't have to include those older players just because you are "supposed to."

No, I never actually saw them play on TV or live. I've of course seen highlight videos of them, but with this logic, should Wilt be left my list of greatest centers of all time? Just because I have never seen him play outside of highlights/video footage? Just because I have never seen them play, I can't pay respect to them? West and Gervin are legends at the shooting guard position and their resumes should speak for themselves.
No, you can't honestly pay respect to someone if you didn't EXPERIENCE their career. So you should only speak on players that you have experienced. You don't have to include those older players just because you are "supposed to."

Exactly!

WOW....Mitch Richmond over Wade? The hate is strong!
6/10 of the players you listed never won a championship, Wade won twice
If anything pay some respect to Wade!

Did you see Ray Allen in his prime? Dude was a cold *** shooting guard, he wasn't just a spot-up shooter his whole career. He could create from anywhere and get to the hoop with the best of em.
yeah but still never at Wade's level then you combine Wade's superior passing, defense, and post game. I don't know what Ray did better than Wade besides flat out shoot;

Penny should've been 3rd 
mean.gif

yeah but still never at Wade's level then you combine Wade's superior passing, defense, and post game. I don't know what Ray did better than Wade besides flat out shoot;

Wade is not superior at passing. He's has ball dominant and dribble happy as it gets. You're only argument for ray is that he can flat out shoot...we're discussing shooting gaurds.

Don't be fooled. Wade is denitely quicker and faster. But Ray was still very good at getting to the hoop and finishing.

Ive already stated my hate for Wade which makes me biased. But honestly the more I think about I'd rather take Ray in his prime. Why wouldn't you take the greatest 3 point shooter of all time as your SG over Wade.

I think many may take Wade cause of his stats. But Wades stats don't prove he's better than Ray. Wades whole career is him dominating the ball, doing circles in the paint, kicking people in the balls, throwing up prayers and getting the calls. To his credit he does have a mid range game. But while Wade is taking 90% of the teams shots Allen is over in Milwaukee/Seattle/Boston playing team ball so of course Wade will have higher numbers. who is the more EFFECTIVE player to have in their prime though? Jesus Shuttlesworth.

Does it really matter? :lol:
We're talking about the THIRD best SG here.

You raise a good point :lol: lets discuss who is the 6th best PF lol.

For real though I think for an arguments worth its ok to draw the line at 3rd. It still gets you a medal.

Iverson was just filthy. Dont under estimate Iverson. He did damageeee....

Wade is nice as hell too. He got crazy D# and one of the top shot blockers @ the guard position of all time. He makes the defensive teams all da time too.

Its a tough one. But if i had to choose one i'd take Wade.

iverson doing what he did being under 6ft >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom