Is everyone you know on drugs? (serious topic)

Man. I've done every drug under the sun, but I never had a problem til I first started messing with that Oxycontin. Same goes with my best friend, and a LOT of people that I know. Please, please, please, NT... stay away from prescription drugs.

The only other drug I've ever had an issue getting off is Xanax. Surprise, another RX drug that is ridiculously easy to get. I started taking it for anxiety, but then I started to notice that I would be way more anxious than before if I skipped a day. What part of the game is that?
30t6p3b.gif
That's why I smoke weed almost every day. It's the only thing that I can count on to help my anxiety and not make me feel like a damn robot.

Man. I've done every drug under the sun, but I never had a problem til I first started messing with that Oxycontin. Same goes with my best friend, and a LOT of people that I know. Please, please, please, NT... stay away from prescription drugs.

The only other drug I've ever had an issue getting off is Xanax. Surprise, another RX drug that is ridiculously easy to get. I started taking it for anxiety, but then I started to notice that I would be way more anxious than before if I skipped a day. What part of the game is that?
30t6p3b.gif
That's why I smoke weed almost every day. It's the only thing that I can count on to help my anxiety and not make me feel like a damn robot.

dam everytime a celebrity is on the news for overdoses it shakes me up a bit, you just have to be responsible and not an idiot though

dam everytime a celebrity is on the news for overdoses it shakes me up a bit, you just have to be responsible and not an idiot though

Originally Posted by TraSoul82

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Originally Posted by WaveyJonesLocker

Dudes saying marijuana isn't a drug
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

lol people assume because its from a plant it isn't a drug, a lot of the drugs we use are purified from plant products.
ohwell.gif

I think that's why some smokers like to be categorized differently though; because they feel "drugs" are "derived." Any time humans try to derive elements of a plant for consumption there is usually resulting harm done. Take juice for example. People think it's healthy because it comes from plants, but it's nature's way of attracting animals to the fiber content of fruit. Think about it: too much juice can lead to diabetes. Diabetics are often advised to take fiber.

At this point in the human timeline, I'd say we're "all" on drugs, save for the very few who take what they consume very seriously.
why do people ramble on about *#+% they have no idea about. too much juice can lead to diabetes? really.
roll.gif
. btw i guess my doctors missed the cue with the fiber nonsense. shutup and go to bed.

Originally Posted by TraSoul82

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Originally Posted by WaveyJonesLocker

Dudes saying marijuana isn't a drug
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

lol people assume because its from a plant it isn't a drug, a lot of the drugs we use are purified from plant products.
ohwell.gif

I think that's why some smokers like to be categorized differently though; because they feel "drugs" are "derived." Any time humans try to derive elements of a plant for consumption there is usually resulting harm done. Take juice for example. People think it's healthy because it comes from plants, but it's nature's way of attracting animals to the fiber content of fruit. Think about it: too much juice can lead to diabetes. Diabetics are often advised to take fiber.

At this point in the human timeline, I'd say we're "all" on drugs, save for the very few who take what they consume very seriously.
why do people ramble on about *#+% they have no idea about. too much juice can lead to diabetes? really.
roll.gif
. btw i guess my doctors missed the cue with the fiber nonsense. shutup and go to bed.

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

Yoda wrote:

Alcohol included, I'd say 95% of the people I know use drugs.

I burn. Nothing too crazy, probably a half gram over the course of a regular day, obviously more when I go out..I'd say this is true for alot of my smoker friends.

Being that I burn usually after midnight, I use it partially as a sleep aid..when I dont have it, I toss and turn in my sleep..When I do smoke, I'll sleep 7-8 hours uninterrupted.
* prepare to cue the "boo this maaan" clip but...

do you think this shows some physical dependency/addiction to buds?

i have an almost identical situation as you do.  I burn about 5 days a week on avg.  I would probably smoke everyday but it irks the wife, and I aint about to waste 2 hours of my day arguing with her about my weed habit.  I don't go crazy with it at all.  As I'm getting older, my tolerance has actually dropped quite a bit.  Furthermore, I just don't feel the need to get totally "faded" on a random Tuesday night (if its Sat night and I'm hanging with the boys, its a different story).  I smoke just enough to take the edge off to help relax.  I'm talkin a bowl, maybe 2 per day, and usually later in the evenings after I get home from the office.  I also use it partially as a sleep aid.  The days I smoke before bed, I knock out and wake up feeling refreshed.  The 1-2 days I dont smoke, I have trouble sleeping and wake up extra groggy and tired from tossing and turning all night.

So when I mentioned to my wife the other day that I have trouble sleeping when I dont smoke, she said its cause developing an addiction to it.  I immediately shot her the  
roll.gif
.  I mean c'mon.  I been smoking buds consistently for bout 14 years now, and when my daily consumption is at an all time low, she thinks that I am "addicted"?  Laughable.  But then it got me thinking.  That while I may not have addictive cravings for it, my body definitely does react differently when I don't have it, as evidenced by my lack of sleep.  Kinda made me think twice that maybe I need to take a few months off of the smoke so I can let my body re-adjust.

I see what she saying though.

I know I don't shake, get the sweats, etc when I don't smoke..So I know its not really a physical dependance. I just find that if I don't smoke late night, and had a relatively easy day, so that I'm not exhausted, I have trouble sleeping. I guess you can say it acts as an "Ambien" almost. I can fall asleep without smoking but most of the time by the time I do fall asleep, it's probably close to 5-6am, and whatever hours of sleep I do get in aren't quality.

I can say that I've basically stopped smoking blunts..I realized how horrible they are for you. Granted, any form of combustion with weed isn't good to inhale, but I can taste and feel the difference from when I hit my bubbler than a J or blunt.

I need to get another vaporizer. Probably tomorrow
pimp.gif

Forgot to add this in my original post.

I've done Molly twice. 2 capsules the first time, then parachuting a .1 the second time. Awesome thing, can't do it too often though. Not too fond of drinking on it though. Smokings awesome, just gotta pace yourself cause it's real easy to get too ******ed.

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

Yoda wrote:

Alcohol included, I'd say 95% of the people I know use drugs.

I burn. Nothing too crazy, probably a half gram over the course of a regular day, obviously more when I go out..I'd say this is true for alot of my smoker friends.

Being that I burn usually after midnight, I use it partially as a sleep aid..when I dont have it, I toss and turn in my sleep..When I do smoke, I'll sleep 7-8 hours uninterrupted.
* prepare to cue the "boo this maaan" clip but...

do you think this shows some physical dependency/addiction to buds?

i have an almost identical situation as you do.  I burn about 5 days a week on avg.  I would probably smoke everyday but it irks the wife, and I aint about to waste 2 hours of my day arguing with her about my weed habit.  I don't go crazy with it at all.  As I'm getting older, my tolerance has actually dropped quite a bit.  Furthermore, I just don't feel the need to get totally "faded" on a random Tuesday night (if its Sat night and I'm hanging with the boys, its a different story).  I smoke just enough to take the edge off to help relax.  I'm talkin a bowl, maybe 2 per day, and usually later in the evenings after I get home from the office.  I also use it partially as a sleep aid.  The days I smoke before bed, I knock out and wake up feeling refreshed.  The 1-2 days I dont smoke, I have trouble sleeping and wake up extra groggy and tired from tossing and turning all night.

So when I mentioned to my wife the other day that I have trouble sleeping when I dont smoke, she said its cause developing an addiction to it.  I immediately shot her the  
roll.gif
.  I mean c'mon.  I been smoking buds consistently for bout 14 years now, and when my daily consumption is at an all time low, she thinks that I am "addicted"?  Laughable.  But then it got me thinking.  That while I may not have addictive cravings for it, my body definitely does react differently when I don't have it, as evidenced by my lack of sleep.  Kinda made me think twice that maybe I need to take a few months off of the smoke so I can let my body re-adjust.

I see what she saying though.

I know I don't shake, get the sweats, etc when I don't smoke..So I know its not really a physical dependance. I just find that if I don't smoke late night, and had a relatively easy day, so that I'm not exhausted, I have trouble sleeping. I guess you can say it acts as an "Ambien" almost. I can fall asleep without smoking but most of the time by the time I do fall asleep, it's probably close to 5-6am, and whatever hours of sleep I do get in aren't quality.

I can say that I've basically stopped smoking blunts..I realized how horrible they are for you. Granted, any form of combustion with weed isn't good to inhale, but I can taste and feel the difference from when I hit my bubbler than a J or blunt.

I need to get another vaporizer. Probably tomorrow
pimp.gif

Forgot to add this in my original post.

I've done Molly twice. 2 capsules the first time, then parachuting a .1 the second time. Awesome thing, can't do it too often though. Not too fond of drinking on it though. Smokings awesome, just gotta pace yourself cause it's real easy to get too ******ed.

I smoke weed everyday, only once a day now that I'm in college with actual things to do.
I would smoke all day everyday in high school.
I've done some prescription pills here and there but I never really had much desire.
a TON of people I know are addicted to pills..and I definitely agree about the Xanax/ OxyContin. Crazy things they do to people.
I've done Molly once and I LOVED it. Same goes for ecstasy as rolls, that was a lot of fun, but only did it twice.
My buddy died from Heroin this summer which was crazy.....some people I know are still doing it too.
I drink on the weekends.

I smoke weed everyday, only once a day now that I'm in college with actual things to do.
I would smoke all day everyday in high school.
I've done some prescription pills here and there but I never really had much desire.
a TON of people I know are addicted to pills..and I definitely agree about the Xanax/ OxyContin. Crazy things they do to people.
I've done Molly once and I LOVED it. Same goes for ecstasy as rolls, that was a lot of fun, but only did it twice.
My buddy died from Heroin this summer which was crazy.....some people I know are still doing it too.
I drink on the weekends.

Coming from a guy who went through his stoner phase and binge drinking, I just can't be around people who are still on drugs. I've got good friends who smoke multiple times a day or pop pills but it gets to a point where I have to distance myself.

There's that saying 'to find out about a person, ask his/her circle of friends'.

Coming from a guy who went through his stoner phase and binge drinking, I just can't be around people who are still on drugs. I've got good friends who smoke multiple times a day or pop pills but it gets to a point where I have to distance myself.

There's that saying 'to find out about a person, ask his/her circle of friends'.

90% of my close friends smoke weed, all of them drink. I don't really drink that much (used to be 2-3 times a week in college, now its just every couple weekends). I smoke almost every day though, mostly to help me sleep, as others in this thread have mentioned. If I don't smoke it takes me an hour or more to fall asleep but if I smoke it takes only a couple minutes and I'm definitely more refreshed the next day. Plus, I enjoy the feeling of being high. I don't think I am addicted to it or anything, there's been times where I'll smoke everyday for a month and then not smoke for a month after that with no cravings for it or anything. I've done coke 4 or 5 times as well, it was something I enjoyed but I don't have the money to afford it consistently and its definitely not something I want to get addicted to. I don't think I'd do any other drug like heroin or meth, those scare the hell out of me, and I'm worried about having a bad trip with acid or shrooms. I have friends who do E but I've never really had an interest in trying it.

90% of my close friends smoke weed, all of them drink. I don't really drink that much (used to be 2-3 times a week in college, now its just every couple weekends). I smoke almost every day though, mostly to help me sleep, as others in this thread have mentioned. If I don't smoke it takes me an hour or more to fall asleep but if I smoke it takes only a couple minutes and I'm definitely more refreshed the next day. Plus, I enjoy the feeling of being high. I don't think I am addicted to it or anything, there's been times where I'll smoke everyday for a month and then not smoke for a month after that with no cravings for it or anything. I've done coke 4 or 5 times as well, it was something I enjoyed but I don't have the money to afford it consistently and its definitely not something I want to get addicted to. I don't think I'd do any other drug like heroin or meth, those scare the hell out of me, and I'm worried about having a bad trip with acid or shrooms. I have friends who do E but I've never really had an interest in trying it.

I am a libertarian so I believe that ALL drugs should be legal.

I am a libertine and I will not pass judgement and declare someone a bad person because they are a drug user.

With that said, I have, at the age of 26, become very conservative in my own personal views on drugs. When I was in college a majority of my peers were functional drug and/or alcohol addicts and they got through it with a combination of high IQ's and wealth and privilege. As an adult, with a career, as someone with a real stake in my community I am sick of the few remaining friends and peers of mine who are broke, unproductive and money grubbing junkies.

If you need xanax or ambien to sleep, so be it. If you need caffeine to wake up and make it through the day, so be it. If you want some booze or weed after a long day of work, so be it. If you actually you can confine hard drugs to the weekends, go for it. If you are a heroin or meth addict, dead it. try to quit cold turkey and if not try to take less and less meth or heroin over time.

I am a libertine and I will not pass judgement and declare someone a bad person because they are a drug user.

With that said, I have, at the age of 26, become very conservative in my own personal views on drugs. When I was in college a majority of my peers were functional drug and/or alcohol addicts and they got through it with a combination of high IQ's and wealth and privilege. As an adult, with a career, as someone with a real stake in my community I am sick of the few remaining friends and peers of mine who are broke, unproductive and money grubbing junkies.

If you need xanax or ambien to sleep, so be it. If you need caffeine to wake up and make it through the day, so be it. If you want some booze or weed after a long day of work, so be it. If you actually you can confine hard drugs to the weekends, go for it. If you are a heroin or meth addict, dead it. try to quit cold turkey and if not try to take less and less meth or heroin over time.

Back
Top Bottom