Is Fabolous Too Content.....

For all of you saying he doesnt have a classic what would you rather from an artist someone who you can have 20-30 songs on your playlist for them or 5-10 songs that are "classics"
Call me a traditionalist but I prefer a good, complete album over a collection of scattered good tracks.
^^this is what keeps jadakiss from having a classic catalog, you can pick EASILY pick 20-30 tracks where jadakiss is just rippin

it, but he usually spends his best rounds on da mixtape circuit, and his album he doesn't give you da best.

^^this is what keeps jadakiss from having a classic catalog, you can pick EASILY pick 20-30 tracks where jadakiss is just rippin

it, but he usually spends his best rounds on da mixtape circuit, and his album he doesn't give you da best.

Nah Jada tried to hard to go commercial, that's what his problem was.

His first album should've been a classic filled with gangsta ****. But nah he drops a bs single and it was trash from there.

Same with fab he tries commercial songs and yes some may be ok. But that's just not his lane.

The closest he had come to make an album that should be like a Fab album was loso's way. And that still was to far away.

He just needs to make an album were he is just spittin bar after bar. Instead of throwing it in the bag.

Nah Jada tried to hard to go commercial, that's what his problem was.

His first album should've been a classic filled with gangsta ****. But nah he drops a bs single and it was trash from there.

Jada had to go commerical. He was the only one who had commercial appeal out of the LOX. Jada went for the $$$ in order for the LOX to rebuild their foundation in the game after the whole Bad Boy fallout.

As for his 1st album, Kiss Tha Game Goodbye had gangsta ****, "Show Discipline feat Nas" "Jada's Got a Gun" "We Gonna Make It feat Styles P" "I'm a Gangsta" etc .. then you can't forget quality songs like "None of Y'all Better" "Kiss Is Spittin'" "Uh-Huhh feat. DMX :smokin ... "Put Ya Hands Up" was a BS single in 2001?? That song was on every radio station and rocked in every club. Even his 2nd single "Knock Yourself Out" got major spins too. I'm not saying the album was a classic like "Ready to Die" "Illmatic" or "Reasonable Doubt" but it damn sure was considered a SOLID album in 2001.

Jada has always been content with being a street rapper because he knows his peers respect him like he's a Top 5 MC. Fab can't relate to that.

Jada had to go commerical. He was the only one who had commercial appeal out of the LOX. Jada went for the $$$ in order for the LOX to rebuild their foundation in the game after the whole Bad Boy fallout.

As for his 1st album, Kiss Tha Game Goodbye had gangsta ****, "Show Discipline feat Nas" "Jada's Got a Gun" "We Gonna Make It feat Styles P" "I'm a Gangsta" etc .. then you can't forget quality songs like "None of Y'all Better" "Kiss Is Spittin'" "Uh-Huhh feat. DMX :smokin ... "Put Ya Hands Up" was a BS single in 2001?? That song was on every radio station and rocked in every club. Even his 2nd single "Knock Yourself Out" got major spins too. I'm not saying the album was a classic like "Ready to Die" "Illmatic" or "Reasonable Doubt" but it damn sure was considered a SOLID album in 2001.

Jada has always been content with being a street rapper because he knows his peers respect him like he's a Top 5 MC. Fab can't relate to that.

I didn't say the album was wack. It's just not what I wanted from dude at the time.

But you right when you say he was the only one out the LOX that could have gone commercial.

But honestly nothing should have been commercial from the LOX.

And yea it had a few bangers. But I just expected more. Maybe my expectations were to high. :lol:

A gangsta and a gentleman > every Jada album

fab isnt too content... dude was never an artist... remember? he was a punchline rapper...

as long as he's making money he doesnt care...

I didn't say the album was wack. It's just not what I wanted from dude at the time.

But you right when you say he was the only one out the LOX that could have gone commercial.

But honestly nothing should have been commercial from the LOX.

And yea it had a few bangers. But I just expected more. Maybe my expectations were to high :lol:

A gangsta and a gentleman > every Jada album

I definitely agree with Gangsta & Gentlemen being the best solo album out of the LOX camp and it's not even close.

I understand what you mean though, I wanted a hardcore Jada album at that time and I still want one till this day. Nothing should've been commercial with the LOX but they lost alot of music leverage with the Bad Boy fallout so I can see why Kiss took one for the team.

Last edited:
Shocked it took so long for Jada to be mentioned in here
laugh.gif

none of his albums are "wack (sans the Last Kiss)" they just arent actually "good"

cant say the same about Fab

Shocked it took so long for Jada to be mentioned in here :lol:
none of his albums are "wack (sans the Last Kiss)" they just arent actually "good"

cant say the same about Fab

Maybe I'm not understanding you, but are you saying that Fab has actually put out a "good" album? :nerd:

Maybe I'm not understanding you, but are you saying that Fab has actually put out a "good" album?
nerd.gif
He got a couple good albums. Ghetto Fabolous and Street Dreams had great content. but I also think his albums are nothing compared to his mixtape game.

I think Fabolous is the type to just enjoy making music and isn't really worried on sales.

Man some of ya'll NTers be trippin. Fab has been relevant for over ten years And he still has young dudes, especially in NY checking for him.. He knows he will never be Hov weezy drake.. So why even drop albums..stay with the free heat for his fans and when he does have an album you know he gonna have that track that stay on the radio.. The man is eating. Let him live.

For the record.... Loso's Way is easily the most underrated album of 2009. Am I the only person that dug the carlito's way theme????

Man some of ya'll NTers be trippin. Fab has been relevant for over ten years And he still has young dudes, especially in NY checking for him.. He knows he will never be Hov weezy drake.. So why even drop albums..stay with the free heat for his fans and when he does have an album you know he gonna have that track that stay on the radio.. The man is eating. Let him live.
roll.gif

im from NYC and...

its always sooo funny too me when Fab stans coming running to save him by saying ppl in NY bump him heavy

he's from ny...
tired.gif

fab is only relevant bc i mess wit chicks who bump his tapes.

All of Fab's albums suck but does anyone remember how terrible that 2nd joint was? Dude made a song entirely about throwbacks. :D

Back
Top Bottom