Is Gatorade unhealthy?...

not sure if this belongs here or in S&T....

I drink about 1-2 Gatorades per day even when I'm not doing something athletic... Is this really bad for me?

I've toned down on Gatorade just purely from a calorie perspective. One 32 oz bottle is 200 calories. I drink G2 now.

it has a lot of stuff in it you dont need if youre not exercising. it also is designed to make you thirstier, so you are better off just drinking ajuice(drink) or water to quench your thirst.

Originally Posted by marath0n

High Fructose Corn Syrup
this.

what's the use if you aren't doing anything athletic? the purpose of the sugar and salts is to replace what you lose via sweating through activity. ionly drink electrolyte replacements when i am training or just afterward because i sweat out at least 5 lbs of water during an average training session.

The sugar content.
sick.gif

Try adding water to dilute the sugar a little.
The point of the drink is to replace things that you lose when you sweat.
Now if your not sweating then....
eyes.gif

i dont even think Gatorade is good at all, i remember playing a football game we called timed out and we had grape gatorade in our water bottles. It tastedgood and all but once you started playing you need water to rinse out your mouth because of the gatorade. Water is always preferred.

just drink some water, or a 100% real fruit juice, only time i ever drink gatorade is when i get muscle cramps

if people drank water instead of coffee, soda, sugary stuff (at least far more than the others) they would be more energetic, be healthier, and probably be alittle more happier.

water is delicious!

Originally Posted by dr funk 13

if people drank water instead of coffee, soda, sugary stuff (at least far more than the others) they would be more energetic, be healthier, and probably be a little more happier.

water is delicious!
Black coffee is healthy for you in moderate amounts.

To answer the question yes, it's unhealthy, high in sugar, HFCS, calories, especially if you're not active.

Originally Posted by Mateen Cleaves

Originally Posted by jdizzle75

Its terrible for your teeth.

Indeed. It messes with the enamel on your teeth. I drunk Gatorade literally all day everyday (collegiate athlete, ftw!), but once I heard it messes up yourenamel I quickly stopped drinking it.

Back
Top Bottom