Is it a reach to say there is no clear cut best player in the NBA right now?

roll.gif
at all the top 5 lists without Dwights name included. Absolutely comical.

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

Originally Posted by HankMoody

MJ has won the Executive of the Year award for how many years in a row now?
laugh.gif

Dipset, stick to the music forum shun.

You wouldn't take the greatest player in NBA history, word on who is the best player today?
C'mon guy
grin.gif
You said Durant isn't as efficient as Kobe.
C'mon guy 
grin.gif

laugh.gif

You wouldn't take the greatest player in NBA history, word on who is the best player today?
C'mon guy
grin.gif
C'mon guy 
grin.gif

With LeBron, I wouldn't use the term "best" player and he certainly isnt the most "skilled".. i would use the terms "most efficient" or "best all-purpose" player and that really only goes for the regular season and playoff series' that don't have high implications. LeBron has improved his midrange and perimeter game but its still not sufficient enough regardless of his midrange pct some of you stat heads point to. LeBron can make those shots in the regular season when defenses are playing him for the drive and theres no pressure.. but when Dallas packed the paint against him he lost all confidence in that shot to the point where he didn't even want to shoot.. and when he did, especially in game 6, he kept making over aggressive drives to the rim that resulted in turnovers or offensive fouls. LeBron has to diversify his offensive arsenal, because right now all hes great at, and comfortable doing when the game is on the line, is penetrating and finishing at the rim or dishing it out for the corner three if the defense collapses. If you look at all of James' major loses in the playoffs the last couple of seasons you see that his inability to consistently knock down outside shots is a major weakness in his game and he has absolutely no confidence in his shot in pressure situations. In the 07 finals the Spurs packed the paint.. he shot 36% for that series.. he got off in game 1 against Boston last year then they tightened up and he disappeared.. now this years finals hes already swinging the ball to the other side of the key before he catches it good not even looking for his shot.

Dirk is the best offensive player.. 7ft, can score from anywhere on the floor, and shoots a high pct from the field, three, and the line.

With LeBron, I wouldn't use the term "best" player and he certainly isnt the most "skilled".. i would use the terms "most efficient" or "best all-purpose" player and that really only goes for the regular season and playoff series' that don't have high implications. LeBron has improved his midrange and perimeter game but its still not sufficient enough regardless of his midrange pct some of you stat heads point to. LeBron can make those shots in the regular season when defenses are playing him for the drive and theres no pressure.. but when Dallas packed the paint against him he lost all confidence in that shot to the point where he didn't even want to shoot.. and when he did, especially in game 6, he kept making over aggressive drives to the rim that resulted in turnovers or offensive fouls. LeBron has to diversify his offensive arsenal, because right now all hes great at, and comfortable doing when the game is on the line, is penetrating and finishing at the rim or dishing it out for the corner three if the defense collapses. If you look at all of James' major loses in the playoffs the last couple of seasons you see that his inability to consistently knock down outside shots is a major weakness in his game and he has absolutely no confidence in his shot in pressure situations. In the 07 finals the Spurs packed the paint.. he shot 36% for that series.. he got off in game 1 against Boston last year then they tightened up and he disappeared.. now this years finals hes already swinging the ball to the other side of the key before he catches it good not even looking for his shot.

Dirk is the best offensive player.. 7ft, can score from anywhere on the floor, and shoots a high pct from the field, three, and the line.

Originally Posted by MyJaysGetRocked

Originally Posted by kix4kix

Originally Posted by HOOSIERdaddy282

I catch hell EVERY time I say he's the best in the NBA cuz I'm a known Kobe fan/Bron hater...

BUT..

What are his knocks? Who has his impact? Who's even CLOSE to being on his level at his position right now?

I mean really...

His knocks? Getting owned by a 19 year old Bynum in the finals is one that comes to mind.
What? how'd he get owned by Bynum? I'm not gonna sit here and say Howard had a great series, but he did not get owned by Bynum. Look at the stats....
Also, you're saying that Dwight Howards current knock is how he played in the 09 Finals? Do you think hes still the same player? If you had the choice between Bynum and Howard, who would you choose?
If both @ 100 percent. Bynum

Originally Posted by MyJaysGetRocked

Originally Posted by kix4kix

Originally Posted by HOOSIERdaddy282

I catch hell EVERY time I say he's the best in the NBA cuz I'm a known Kobe fan/Bron hater...

BUT..

What are his knocks? Who has his impact? Who's even CLOSE to being on his level at his position right now?

I mean really...

His knocks? Getting owned by a 19 year old Bynum in the finals is one that comes to mind.
What? how'd he get owned by Bynum? I'm not gonna sit here and say Howard had a great series, but he did not get owned by Bynum. Look at the stats....
Also, you're saying that Dwight Howards current knock is how he played in the 09 Finals? Do you think hes still the same player? If you had the choice between Bynum and Howard, who would you choose?
If both @ 100 percent. Bynum

Originally Posted by dland24

roll.gif
I don't care who peoples' other four are, dude averaged 23 & 14 this year and is a transcendent defender. Not his fault the rest of his team sucks.

Originally Posted by dland24

roll.gif
I don't care who peoples' other four are, dude averaged 23 & 14 this year and is a transcendent defender. Not his fault the rest of his team sucks.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

So for those of you that are punishing LeBron for "disappearing" in the final round of competition, will you use the same logic against Rose for "disappearing" vs. the Heat?
He's stopped being assertive two years in a row now. This time he's done it in the finals. I just don't know if I can put him at the top after seeing him check out mentally in consecutive years. I had him as the best since 2008... but after seeing him so apathetic in the biggest games of his career... I mean he may end up being the best next year, but right now I can't say he is.

Dirk, CP3, LeBron, Wade, Howard, Durant, Kobe, Rose, Melo

laugh.gif
at Kobe being the best still

Dude wet the bed in his last two games of the season and has continued to show signs of decline. He's definitely top 8 but no way is he at the very top. Couldn't get to the rack, couldn't post up Kidd, couldn't guard anyone, lift has taken a hit, he doesn't have that burst doesn't have the elevation on his jumper. It's goin downhill a bit. Hopefully his early exit can rejuvenate those weary knees.

Dirk just dismantled half those guys up above without a legit star by his side.

LeBron had Wade and Bosh
Durant had WB
Kobe had Pau/Bynum/Odom

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

So for those of you that are punishing LeBron for "disappearing" in the final round of competition, will you use the same logic against Rose for "disappearing" vs. the Heat?
He's stopped being assertive two years in a row now. This time he's done it in the finals. I just don't know if I can put him at the top after seeing him check out mentally in consecutive years. I had him as the best since 2008... but after seeing him so apathetic in the biggest games of his career... I mean he may end up being the best next year, but right now I can't say he is.

Dirk, CP3, LeBron, Wade, Howard, Durant, Kobe, Rose, Melo

laugh.gif
at Kobe being the best still

Dude wet the bed in his last two games of the season and has continued to show signs of decline. He's definitely top 8 but no way is he at the very top. Couldn't get to the rack, couldn't post up Kidd, couldn't guard anyone, lift has taken a hit, he doesn't have that burst doesn't have the elevation on his jumper. It's goin downhill a bit. Hopefully his early exit can rejuvenate those weary knees.

LeBron had Wade and Bosh
Durant had WB
Kobe had Pau/Bynum/Odom

That's what's shocking to me, but Dirk also had a hell of a team. You guys in the past could've clowned on old-+%# Kidd, overrated Marion, streaky JET, too-small Barea, too-skinny Chandler, but those boys went out and got it done.

I love all the attention that Dirk is garnering right now, but it also makes me cringe a bit that some of these other cats on the Mavericks aren't getting the recognition.

Jason Kidd was dead-even for Marion with the best defensive effort of the Playoffs for us.

Speaking of, Marion had a hell of a Playoff run, being very efficient scoring when we needed it, and locked down whoever we asked him to. Ask Durant and LeBron how his defense was.

Barea continuously broke down defenses series-after-series.

JET was always there to knock down the big shot. The best Playoffs of his career, easily IMO.

I could go on, but I won't.

But, I don't want to hear anyone talk about KD, not yet. He got pretty much exposed by the Mavericks. Dirk Nowitzki is what Durant wants to be.

I did this with the other thread, but you put a gun to my head and ask me to spit out five names, I'd say LeBron, Dwight, Kobe, Wade, and CP3.

That's what's shocking to me, but Dirk also had a hell of a team. You guys in the past could've clowned on old-+%# Kidd, overrated Marion, streaky JET, too-small Barea, too-skinny Chandler, but those boys went out and got it done.

I love all the attention that Dirk is garnering right now, but it also makes me cringe a bit that some of these other cats on the Mavericks aren't getting the recognition.

Jason Kidd was dead-even for Marion with the best defensive effort of the Playoffs for us.

Speaking of, Marion had a hell of a Playoff run, being very efficient scoring when we needed it, and locked down whoever we asked him to. Ask Durant and LeBron how his defense was.

Barea continuously broke down defenses series-after-series.

JET was always there to knock down the big shot. The best Playoffs of his career, easily IMO.

I could go on, but I won't.

But, I don't want to hear anyone talk about KD, not yet. He got pretty much exposed by the Mavericks. Dirk Nowitzki is what Durant wants to be.

I did this with the other thread, but you put a gun to my head and ask me to spit out five names, I'd say LeBron, Dwight, Kobe, Wade, and CP3.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

laugh.gif

C'mon guy
grin.gif
C'mon guy 
grin.gif

He isn't though.... Right?

Originally Posted by Big J 33

laugh.gif

C'mon guy
grin.gif
C'mon guy 
grin.gif

He isn't though.... Right?

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

exposed as what exactly?

lebron didn't get exposed?

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

exposed as what exactly?

lebron didn't get exposed?

Back
Top Bottom