Is it a reach to say there is no clear cut best player in the NBA right now?

I read the part where you said that Dirk, Bron and Wade were the top players right now and that the others weren't because they didn't lead their teams to the Finals.

I'm just wondering if you used that same logic the past few seasons in which I would assume that you had D12, Pierce, Kobe since they led their respective teams to the Finals in those years?

Originally Posted by PMatic

LeBron
Dwight
CP3
Wade
Dirk
Kobe
Rose
Durant
D-Will
Westbrook  
Best list I've seen.

Why Westbrook over Melo?
He's a chucker on offense and a liability on defense. I wouldn't put Melo over any of those 10.

Originally Posted by PMatic

LeBron
Dwight
CP3
Wade
Dirk
Kobe
Rose
Durant
D-Will
Westbrook  
Best list I've seen.

Why Westbrook over Melo?
He's a chucker on offense and a liability on defense. I wouldn't put Melo over any of those 10.

Can anyone tell me how are they putting lebron ahead of anyone else? If anything, this post-season proved that Lebron is just good as Wade..

On the other hand, Dirk played outstanding throughout the playoffs + finals .. scoring what? at least 10 ppg in the 4th quarter ... we're talking about when the situation mattered most.. can you say the same thing to Bron?

There is NO clear cut best player in the NBA right now..

Can anyone tell me how are they putting lebron ahead of anyone else? If anything, this post-season proved that Lebron is just good as Wade..

On the other hand, Dirk played outstanding throughout the playoffs + finals .. scoring what? at least 10 ppg in the 4th quarter ... we're talking about when the situation mattered most.. can you say the same thing to Bron?

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

I read the part where you said that Dirk, Bron and Wade were the top players right now and that the others weren't because they didn't lead their teams to the Finals.

I'm just wondering if you used that same logic the past few seasons in which I would assume that you had D12, Pierce, Kobe since they led their respective teams to the Finals in those years?
           exactly..like.. can you say Melo, Durant, Amare, Kobe, Rose, D12, etc are better than Lebron or Dwade right now??.
           Not saying the past 3-5 years.. the thread is about RIGHT NOW..

Cause we can switch it around.. lets say HYPOTHETICALLY Lebron and Dwade got swept in the first round... or lost to the Hawks or

the Sixers in the playoffs..

would you say that theyre still better than any player that wouldve made it to the finals this year??.. I highly doubt it..

exactly..like.. can you say Melo, Durant, Amare, Kobe, Rose, D12, etc are better than Lebron or Dwade right now??.
           Not saying the past 3-5 years.. the thread is about RIGHT NOW..

Cause we can switch it around.. lets say HYPOTHETICALLY Lebron and Dwade got swept in the first round... or lost to the Hawks or

the Sixers in the playoffs..

would you say that theyre still better than any player that wouldve made it to the finals this year??.. I highly doubt it..

Originally Posted by Goldmember

I can answer that... because who is ESPN talking about? who are the media writing articles about? who is constantly being talked about on every sports radio station and sports thread of every forum? Twitter, facebook, etc?.. Lebron James...

Nobody is talking about how well Dirk played in the Finals even though he won the Finals with the Finals MVP award, shot 93.4% at the free throw line.. but no one is talking about how Great Dirk is.. cause everyone is talking about why LeBron didnt play great in the Finals...

The better team was the Dallas Mavericks, the best player in the Finals was Dirk.. but the best player in the NBA is Lebron James.. lol

I know its crazy, but its the same way in the NFL.. for awhile people said Peyton manning was the best QB in the game when Tom Brady was winning championship after championship after championship lol.. yet, people said Peyton is the better QB... 

I can answer that... because who is ESPN talking about? who are the media writing articles about? who is constantly being talked about on every sports radio station and sports thread of every forum? Twitter, facebook, etc?.. Lebron James...

Nobody is talking about how well Dirk played in the Finals even though he won the Finals with the Finals MVP award, shot 93.4% at the free throw line.. but no one is talking about how Great Dirk is.. cause everyone is talking about why LeBron didnt play great in the Finals...

The better team was the Dallas Mavericks, the best player in the Finals was Dirk.. but the best player in the NBA is Lebron James.. lol

I know its crazy, but its the same way in the NFL.. for awhile people said Peyton manning was the best QB in the game when Tom Brady was winning championship after championship after championship lol.. yet, people said Peyton is the better QB... 

Well using PMatic list as an example I can see why he put Lebron first...His lists seems more based on the the type to build a team around for the long run and have immediate impact on ya roster in multiple ways

Bron, Dwight, CP3 in that order I think is pretty accurate...

I dont see it starting with these three on another type of list based on sumtin else tho... like a who you want in the finals list... Dirk, Kobe, Wade would head that in sum order imo as of right now

Well using PMatic list as an example I can see why he put Lebron first...His lists seems more based on the the type to build a team around for the long run and have immediate impact on ya roster in multiple ways

Bron, Dwight, CP3 in that order I think is pretty accurate...

I dont see it starting with these three on another type of list based on sumtin else tho... like a who you want in the finals list... Dirk, Kobe, Wade would head that in sum order imo as of right now

Originally Posted by Smyrthil

So this is your reason why you put him above anyone else?

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

Originally Posted by Big J 33

You wouldn't take the greatest player in NBA history, word on who is the best player today?
C'mon guy
grin.gif
You said Durant isn't as efficient as Kobe.
C'mon guy 
grin.gif

He isn't though.... Right?
two years ago durant led the league in scoring...and had a TS% above 60. No one has ever done that ....yeah inefficient
roll.gif
and had one in the 58 or 59 range this year...

at this point Rose is even more efficient and he gets blasted for his lack of...

Originally Posted by Big J 33

You wouldn't take the greatest player in NBA history, word on who is the best player today?
C'mon guy
grin.gif
You said Durant isn't as efficient as Kobe.
C'mon guy 
grin.gif

He isn't though.... Right?
two years ago durant led the league in scoring...and had a TS% above 60. No one has ever done that ....yeah inefficient
roll.gif
and had one in the 58 or 59 range this year...

at this point Rose is even more efficient and he gets blasted for his lack of...

Lol.. Why not?.. Give me a reason why you wouldnt put lebron as the best player in the NBA?..

Lol.. Why not?.. Give me a reason why you wouldnt put lebron as the best player in the NBA?..

Originally Posted by JD617

Why Westbrook over Melo?
Wasn't sure who you were talking about until the second sentence. I find it pretty appalling.

Originally Posted by JD617

Why Westbrook over Melo?
Wasn't sure who you were talking about until the second sentence. I find it pretty appalling.

^

So I guess Bron wasn't the best player in the league at any point the past 8 years outside of 2007 to you right?

Top 5 (in no order):

Bron
Kobe
D-Wade
D12
Dirk

next tier:

CP3
Rose
Durant
Melo
Amare/Boseph/Russ
           You probably didnt read my whole post..lol..
           the thread is about whos the clear cut best player in the NBA right now...

and in my opinion.. its Lebron.. I cant say what happen in Game 4 and Game, that remains a mystery... but any player that can play over

45mins a game that can guard any player on the court.. I will take every time.. 

Lebron is hated simply cause hes the best player.. nobody hates a garbage player...
Wrong.

Eddie+House+Miami+Heat+v+Oklahoma+City+Thunder+2tZeHJZ2IZNl.jpg

I
I hate Eddie House for some reason and he's a certified bum. I thoroughly enjoyed watching him get TOURCHED by JET in game 6.
laugh.gif

^

So I guess Bron wasn't the best player in the league at any point the past 8 years outside of 2007 to you right?

Top 5 (in no order):

Bron
Kobe
D-Wade
D12
Dirk

next tier:

CP3
Rose
Durant
Melo
Amare/Boseph/Russ

and in my opinion.. its Lebron.. I cant say what happen in Game 4 and Game, that remains a mystery... but any player that can play over

Lebron is hated simply cause hes the best player.. nobody hates a garbage player...
Wrong.

I
I hate Eddie House for some reason and he's a certified bum. I thoroughly enjoyed watching him get TOURCHED by JET in game 6.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by trunks206

^

Top 5 (in no order):

Bron
Kobe
D-Wade
D12
Dirk

next tier:

CP3
Rose
Durant
Melo
Amare/Boseph/Russ

Wrong.

I
laugh.gif

i hate puke walton and sasha vujacic
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by trunks206

^

Top 5 (in no order):

Bron
Kobe
D-Wade
D12
Dirk

next tier:

CP3
Rose
Durant
Melo
Amare/Boseph/Russ

Wrong.

I
laugh.gif

i hate puke walton and sasha vujacic
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom