Is it a reach to say there is no clear cut best player in the NBA right now?

Originally Posted by SneakerPro

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

OMG here we go 6 games don't invalidate LeBron as the best player don't be silly.

Half y'all made the same mistake slandering Dirk after 1 bad playoff series.
laugh.gif

Chris Bosh>Dirk
indifferent.gif
Yeah last year Bosh played better look it up.  25 11 on 52% shooting 4th in the league in PER.

Last year doesn't mean the rest of time, don't be stupid.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by SneakerPro

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

OMG here we go 6 games don't invalidate LeBron as the best player don't be silly.

Half y'all made the same mistake slandering Dirk after 1 bad playoff series.
laugh.gif

Chris Bosh>Dirk
indifferent.gif
Yeah last year Bosh played better look it up.  25 11 on 52% shooting 4th in the league in PER.

Last year doesn't mean the rest of time, don't be stupid.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

There should be a rule that people should only be allowed to speak on topics until they have been one week removed from the incident. Prisoners of the moment. Prisoners of the moment. Prisoners of the moment.

LeBron is suffering from that right now.

I think without a doubt in my mind that LeBron is the #1 talent in the NBA. Now that doesn't mean he is the greatest winner, teammate, competitor, etc. Talent is only 1 part of being a best player. But I think what he brings (when he wants to play) there is nobody on his level in this day.

But we shouldn't have to wait and see if he wants to play and him still be considered the best player. Not defensible.

So yea, OP, there isn't a clear cut best player in the NBA. Which is a good thing IMO.
I will say this...without hyperbole (and trust me...I'm guilty of it, too
laugh.gif
), sports discussions would be boring. 

There should be a rule that people should only be allowed to speak on topics until they have been one week removed from the incident. Prisoners of the moment. Prisoners of the moment. Prisoners of the moment.

I think without a doubt in my mind that LeBron is the #1 talent in the NBA. Now that doesn't mean he is the greatest winner, teammate, competitor, etc. Talent is only 1 part of being a best player. But I think what he brings (when he wants to play) there is nobody on his level in this day.

But we shouldn't have to wait and see if he wants to play and him still be considered the best player. Not defensible.

So yea, OP, there isn't a clear cut best player in the NBA. Which is a good thing IMO.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
I guess. I mean people speaking in the moment does offer some of the more entertaining comments but much of it is illogical and emotional.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
I guess. I mean people speaking in the moment does offer some of the more entertaining comments but much of it is illogical and emotional.

You have to look at the player's body of work. You can't just go by their most recent performance. If you did that, you would have to say Jason Terry is the best player right now, and a week ago you would say Dwayne Wade.

I'm still going with Kobe because many players on his team crumbled down the stretch. It wasn't him that lost that series. You can say Gasol, you can say Artest you can say Bynum. But when Kobe tries to take games over people call him a ball hog, so don't say Kobe is any worse than he was because he tried to get his teammates involved.

You have to look at the player's body of work. You can't just go by their most recent performance. If you did that, you would have to say Jason Terry is the best player right now, and a week ago you would say Dwayne Wade.

I'm still going with Kobe because many players on his team crumbled down the stretch. It wasn't him that lost that series. You can say Gasol, you can say Artest you can say Bynum. But when Kobe tries to take games over people call him a ball hog, so don't say Kobe is any worse than he was because he tried to get his teammates involved.

Originally Posted by illwill24

Thread/

Kobe played with like 4-5 Lebrons in this years playoffs.  Kobe stepped up, stepped back, and even stepped aside and his TEAM did not respond to anything Kobe did.  That's why it's time for a change.

Originally Posted by illwill24

Thread/

Kobe played with like 4-5 Lebrons in this years playoffs.  Kobe stepped up, stepped back, and even stepped aside and his TEAM did not respond to anything Kobe did.  That's why it's time for a change.

anyone who thinks kobe is the best is a moron and their basketball opinions don't matter. kobe was best player over the 2000-2010 decade (not saying he was the best in every point of that decade, but he's basically the only dude who was a superstar from the beginning to the end.) but to actually believe he's still the best is just ridiculous.

smh someone really said he's a top 5 defender
roll.gif

you obviously don't even watch the lakers cuz u would know that kobe coasts like crazy on defense.

kobes not even the best player in his own position right now (wade is just as good on offense and a much better defender.)

cp3, wade, lebron, and dwight are all definitely better than kobe is. the case can easily be made for dirk.

i actually feel bad for you guys. i swear if kobe plays til he's 40 you guys are still gunna think he's the best player and still say things like "but kobe has a post game and great footwork, lebron doesn't!"

anyone who thinks kobe is the best is a moron and their basketball opinions don't matter. kobe was best player over the 2000-2010 decade (not saying he was the best in every point of that decade, but he's basically the only dude who was a superstar from the beginning to the end.) but to actually believe he's still the best is just ridiculous.

smh someone really said he's a top 5 defender
roll.gif

you obviously don't even watch the lakers cuz u would know that kobe coasts like crazy on defense.

kobes not even the best player in his own position right now (wade is just as good on offense and a much better defender.)

cp3, wade, lebron, and dwight are all definitely better than kobe is. the case can easily be made for dirk.

i actually feel bad for you guys. i swear if kobe plays til he's 40 you guys are still gunna think he's the best player and still say things like "but kobe has a post game and great footwork, lebron doesn't!"

dudes in here are damn near illiterate. OP is talking about RIGHT NOW, not about what dudes have done throughout their careers. 

dudes in here are damn near illiterate. OP is talking about RIGHT NOW, not about what dudes have done throughout their careers. 

Question.

How many times has Kobe's name been mentioned in this thread?

I'm just saying, if he's not the best then why do most the people in this thread believe he is?

Question.

How many times has Kobe's name been mentioned in this thread?

I'm just saying, if he's not the best then why do most the people in this thread believe he is?

Originally Posted by dland24

IMO, the best argument can be made for Dwight Howard.

I catch hell EVERY time I say he's the best in the NBA cuz I'm a known Kobe fan/Bron hater...

BUT..

What are his knocks? Who has his impact? Who's even CLOSE to being on his level at his position right now?

I mean really...

Originally Posted by dland24

IMO, the best argument can be made for Dwight Howard.

I catch hell EVERY time I say he's the best in the NBA cuz I'm a known Kobe fan/Bron hater...

BUT..

What are his knocks? Who has his impact? Who's even CLOSE to being on his level at his position right now?

I mean really...

Back
Top Bottom