Is it blasphemous to say recession > 101 ?

I'm truly shocked at how many people in here think Recession is better or just as good as 101.

Really it's his worst album and it's not even close. Every damn song sounded the same and damn near none of em sounded like the Jezzy I was use to hearing.

Was bumpin 102 all day yesterday after yall said it was garbage.
laugh.gif

%%@** funny

Originally Posted by SHUGES

Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

lyrically the Recession is way ahead but in every other category 101 wins.

I disagree. I remember when 101 dropped, there was a thread full of Jeezy quotes. Dudes was damn near quoting entire songs in there.

Recession goes dumb hard in the whip and it's definitely right there w/101.

But I'd still have to say 101 > Recession.

yeah i know the entire 101 album was damn near a quotobale (a hilarious one at that
laugh.gif
) but I meant skill wise he was a much better rapper on Recession

Also 102 is good I don't know what yall were listening to

"You Know What It Is" might be the best beat he ever rapped on
sick.gif

"I Got Money" is dope
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

"J.E.E.Z.Y." is dope
pimp.gif

"Go Getta" was a good single
grin.gif

"Mr. 17-5" was dope
pimp.gif

"Bury Me a G" was nice
pimp.gif

"3 a.m." was SICK
pimp.gif

"Hypnotize" was sick (horrible pronunciation by jeezy on the hook tho
laugh.gif
)
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by SHUGES

I disagree. I remember when 101 dropped, there was a thread full of Jeezy quotes. Dudes was damn near quoting entire songs in there.

Recession goes dumb hard in the whip and it's definitely right there w/101.

But I'd still have to say 101 > Recession.

yeah i know the entire 101 album was damn near a quotobale (a hilarious one at that
laugh.gif
) but I meant skill wise he was a much better rapper on Recession

Also 102 is good I don't know what yall were listening to

"You Know What It Is" might be the best beat he ever rapped on
sick.gif

"I Got Money" is dope
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

"J.E.E.Z.Y." is dope
pimp.gif

"Go Getta" was a good single
grin.gif

"Mr. 17-5" was dope
pimp.gif

"Bury Me a G" was nice
pimp.gif

"3 a.m." was SICK
pimp.gif

"Hypnotize" was sick (horrible pronunciation by jeezy on the hook tho
laugh.gif
)
pimp.gif

Yeah, 102 wasn't THAT bad.

17.5 is one of my favorite Jezzy songs ever. That *+*# kills my speakers.
pimp.gif

"I ain't the 1, definitely not the 2/1 at the chamber, don't make me aim it at you"

And Hypnotize... simply filthy... "Now I command you ______ to get money"
pimp.gif

Two of my favorite Jeezy tracks ever gives this album a pass.
laugh.gif

Yeah, 102 wasn't THAT bad.

17.5 is one of my favorite Jezzy songs ever. That *+*# kills my speakers.
pimp.gif

"I ain't the 1, definitely not the 2/1 at the chamber, don't make me aim it at you"

And Hypnotize... simply filthy... "Now I command you ______ to get money"
pimp.gif

Two of my favorite Jeezy tracks ever gives this album a pass.
laugh.gif

102 was solid. People need to re listen to that CD. Again all those quotables and punchlines I can't even listen to anymore because they were so corny. I mean its obvious that he is a better rapper on Recession than he was on 101 even if you like 101 better you have to admit that. Yeah people posted quotes and what not on here at the time but that was mostly because of adlibs and certain punchlines not because he was a good rapper. In fact most people thought that he was a horrible rapper at the time but just made entertaining music over ridiculous beats. While recession has a lot more substance and he is much more skilled as an MC.

102 was solid. People need to re listen to that CD. Again all those quotables and punchlines I can't even listen to anymore because they were so corny. I mean its obvious that he is a better rapper on Recession than he was on 101 even if you like 101 better you have to admit that. Yeah people posted quotes and what not on here at the time but that was mostly because of adlibs and certain punchlines not because he was a good rapper. In fact most people thought that he was a horrible rapper at the time but just made entertaining music over ridiculous beats. While recession has a lot more substance and he is much more skilled as an MC.

Naaaaaaaw. 102 was TRASH.

And I wouldn't say its blasphemous that the Recession is better... just a stupid statement.

101 is a classic... If you didn't live in the south when that $%*% dropped, I don't expect you to fully understand. You couldn't go anywhere without hearin that or Trap Or Die. $%*% had dudes wearin Snowman shirts to class and $%*%. EVERY track on it goes hard. And if it wasn't for that, there would be no TM102 or Recession so...

TM101 >>>> Recession >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> TM102

Naaaaaaaw. 102 was TRASH.

And I wouldn't say its blasphemous that the Recession is better... just a stupid statement.

101 is a classic... If you didn't live in the south when that $%*% dropped, I don't expect you to fully understand. You couldn't go anywhere without hearin that or Trap Or Die. $%*% had dudes wearin Snowman shirts to class and $%*%. EVERY track on it goes hard. And if it wasn't for that, there would be no TM102 or Recession so...

TM101 >>>> Recession >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> TM102

Recession and 101 both go stupid in the whip. So I don't even care to compare the two.

Toomp was a fool on Recession, @+%@$ went nuts and just said $$+@ it, I'm going to band $#%%%# heads and blow out speakers with this one.

Both are quality pieces of greatness to me.

Recession and 101 both go stupid in the whip. So I don't even care to compare the two.

Toomp was a fool on Recession, @+%@$ went nuts and just said $$+@ it, I'm going to band $#%%%# heads and blow out speakers with this one.

Both are quality pieces of greatness to me.

102 was aight but imo 101 is his best work. I've never been a big fan of recession...i guess i'm in the minority on that one

102 was aight but imo 101 is his best work. I've never been a big fan of recession...i guess i'm in the minority on that one

Yup also people always think older is better 101 is ok recession is much more solid they know it just like they know kanye isnt so great but  never speak it this is nt

Yup also people always think older is better 101 is ok recession is much more solid they know it just like they know kanye isnt so great but  never speak it this is nt

Back
Top Bottom