Is it just me or does Kobe seem hella corny??

Marley did you not watch Game 2 when the Spurs were doing the Hack-a-Shaq and he made 5 outta 6 FTs, you didn't see him shaking his head? Guess you are discriminating.
lololol thats what im saying ... he should have been shaking his head saying "DAMN I MADE 5/6" lololol ... not the way he meant it
Because you can't be shut down by your own teammate.
he wasnt shooting well at all and was being defended tough by kmart hence the shut down ... the last few minutes jacking saved his night imo, butat the same time made him look like a selfish player

Marley: If you really know anything about Bob Marley he wouldn't like you too much from reading your post. Marley went through this crap coming up becausehe was mixed, yes his father was white. He wasn't dark enough, he was small, ectt....He heard it all.

His music was to stop racism between races and amongst ourselves and to bring spirituality to the scene. I notice the pic you have he has a joint in his mouth.Yeah, he smoked but it was for more than just to smoke. Do I agree with that no, but as Rasta they believe they can get closer to the Lord in spirit bysmoking. Again I don't agree with that.

So since you want to hate on our own people, if you are black or whatever you need to educate yourself in your own likes and dislikes.

laugh.gif
If dropping 49 and 10 is corny then sign me up.

laugh.gif
So now Kobe can't take shots at the end of games when they have a lead or it's corny? What is this, comedy hour? I swear to God I can'tunderstand how people take sports so personally. It's one thing to get amped up about games and players. But some people get genuinely hurt feelings andemotional over a game and over players. It's just a game.

he wasnt shooting well at all and was being defended tough by kmart hence the shut down ... the last few minutes jacking saved his night imo, but at the same time made him look like a selfish player
he was being defended by Kmart in game two too. Consequently he dropped 20 in the first quarter

His music was to stop racism between races and amongst ourselves and to bring spirituality to the scene. I notice the pic you have he has a joint in his mouth. Yeah, he smoked but it was for more than just to smoke. Do I agree with that no, but as Rasta they believe they can get closer to the Lord in spirit by smoking. Again I don't agree with that.

whats great is he is an AI fan. I think that more than speaks for why he continues to run his mouth

Last point from me: If you young bucks knew anything about Jordan except that it's popular for the "hard" black folk to wear his shoes, you wouldknow MJ was and I quote him, "A country boy from North Carolina."

He wasn't like the guys from the Urban areas of the city in the NBA, he was a small town country kid. He was different than what people expect from blackpeople, which is a preception that needs to be flushed down the toilet. MJ stayed himself and didn't care, you buying his shoes and product so clown himall you want.

I think Kobe is himself most of the time. If you want to know why he's the way he is ask his father Joe. Joe had him grow up in Italy, brought him here injr. high at the start of his teen years, and put him in Lower Marion. Why? So he wouldn't get in trouble, stay focused, get educated, and show how good hisson is as a player by taking some rich white kids and a few brothas to the state title. Joe knew what he was doing and wouldn't you do what it takes foryour child to excell?

Rip Hamitons school was a few miles away and Joe could have sent him there to play with Rip, but it's better to take on the comp than join them forsuccess. Kobe challenges us daily on how "black people" are supposed to act. Quit being brainwashed by the powers that be thinking we all gotta below in society unless we are atheletes.

Get educated.

Originally Posted by jbone2308

Last point from me: If you young bucks knew anything about Jordan except that it's popular for the "hard" black folk to wear his shoes, you would know MJ was and I quote him, "A country boy from North Carolina."

He wasn't like the guys from the Urban areas of the city in the NBA, he was a small town country kid. He was different than what people expect from black people, which is a preception that needs to be flushed down the toilet. MJ stayed himself and didn't care, you buying his shoes and product so clown him all you want.

I think Kobe is himself most of the time. If you want to know why he's the way he is ask his father Joe. Joe had him grow up in Italy, brought him here in jr. high at the start of his teen years, and put him in Lower Marion. Why? So he wouldn't get in trouble, stay focused, get educated, and show how good his son is as a player by taking some rich white kids and a few brothas to the state title. Joe knew what he was doing and wouldn't you do what it takes for your child to excell?

Rip Hamitons school was a few miles away and Joe could have sent him there to play with Rip, but it's better to take on the comp than join them for success. Kobe challenges us daily on how "black people" are supposed to act. Quit being brainwashed by the powers that be thinking we all gotta be low in society unless we are atheletes.

Get educated.

Couldn't have said it better
pimp.gif

jbone, ftw are you talking about? im white so bringing my people down? lmao i suppose im racist now right? get real i have 3 black friends that allow me to usethe n word .... ... ... ... ......... i was joking, but on the real dude why are you making this into something its not? you gettin all righteous and $%%% likeyou just ate a box of MLK crunch berries or something ... I know all about Marley and his music and his lifestyle ... i already addressed this in the generalforum months back (where a comment like yours belongs) ... but what the hell does that have to with a player being a cornball? and please show me where i saidacting like a cornball is wrong ... .... ......... the point is, if youre a cornball be a cornball, dont be a cornball trying to recite biggie and pac lyricsafter you spent hours trying to memorize them and then try to walk talk act and play like MJ ... like i said before ... i respect ai cuz he did it his way, hisway just happen to be "thug" in many peoples eyes ... Iwould respect kobe more if he did it HIS WAY, cornball and all ... get educated? or hitgoogle?

All I know is who cares. Most of us don't know him on a personal level. Most of us have never met him and for the people that have its not like we got tokick it with him for hours on end.

I just don't understand how people can say things about people they never met. Its just stupid. If you don't like the guy, just move on. I don'tsee why this needed a post and why its still up 7 pages later. When I come to S&T I want to talk sports not how much of corn ball kobe is or how much doughlebron has or anything like that. All I care about is how this player plays for my team.

smh.gif

but other than that, he doesn't seem too corny. too cocky at times but i guess you can be when you're that good.

MarleysProtege: You are a cornball man. After reading the nonsense you have posted in this thread, as well as the Sean Bell thread over in General, it'sapparent you are ignorant. You're one of those clowns who is all about "keepin it real"
indifferent.gif

But in reality, you are the farthest thing from real. You have 3 black friends that let you use the N word....*****! What is that supposed to justify? Damnman, I would really get into it, but you're kinda too corny for me to continue bothering.

indifferent.gif
x infinity

Originally Posted by Krisp Kicks

MarleysProtege: You are a cornball man. After reading the nonsense you have posted in this thread, as well as the Sean Bell thread over in General, it's apparent you are ignorant. You're one of those clowns who is all about "keepin it real"
indifferent.gif

But in reality, you are the farthest thing from real. You have 3 black friends that let you use the N word....*****! What is that supposed to justify? Damn man, I would really get into it, but you're kinda too corny for me to continue bothering.

indifferent.gif
x infinity

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Got em'

MarleysProtege: You are a cornball man. After reading the nonsense you have posted in this thread, as well as the Sean Bell thread over in General, it's apparent you are ignorant. You're one of those clowns who is all about "keepin it real"
indifferent.gif

But in reality, you are the farthest thing from real. You have 3 black friends that let you use the N word....*****! What is that supposed to justify? Damn man, I would really get into it, but you're kinda too corny for me to continue bothering.

indifferent.gif
x infinity

Boomshakalacka
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

f are you talking about? notice the OBVIOUS SARCASM I used with that 3 black friends thing , reading is fundamental son son ... and what did i sayin the sean bell thread? that since the one cop who went off with 31 shots was the white cop and he got off that racism will still exist (something to thateffect)? that no one getting charged for bells murder is a travesty? i made two posts in that thread and the first one was when i seen on cnn that the whitecop was spanish, however it was a typo on CNN ... so whats your point?

im ignorant yet youve said nothing but "what ive said" to back up your arguments and the only thing you quoted was an obvious display of sarcasm onmy part and if you cant understand that (especially because directly after that i said "i was joking, but on the real") then you sir are ignorant ...

ondareal, stop being a co-signer like your idol kobe and be yourself

Originally Posted by tupac003

All I know is who cares. Most of us don't know him on a personal level. Most of us have never met him and for the people that have its not like we got to kick it with him for hours on end.

I just don't understand how people can say things about people they never met. Its just stupid. If you don't like the guy, just move on. I don't see why this needed a post and why its still up 7 pages later. When I come to S&T I want to talk sports not how much of corn ball kobe is or how much dough lebron has or anything like that. All I care about is how this player plays for my team.

Omg don't act like you've never seen someone on tv and thought oh he seems cool i'd like to kick it wit him...or he's seems stupid iwouldn't want to meet him or kick it with him...its the same thing...either way your forming an opinion on someone based on what you see on tv and throughthe media...everyone does in it one way or another I dont care what u say...if u dont like this type of threads or u dont like them..get out of the thread then...dont post in it...all your doing by posting in the thread that you "dont care about" is keeping it at the top of the sports forum to keep gettingmore replys...ironic isnt it??

Originally Posted by BlowDaWhistle

Originally Posted by tupac003

All I know is who cares. Most of us don't know him on a personal level. Most of us have never met him and for the people that have its not like we got to kick it with him for hours on end.

I just don't understand how people can say things about people they never met. Its just stupid. If you don't like the guy, just move on. I don't see why this needed a post and why its still up 7 pages later. When I come to S&T I want to talk sports not how much of corn ball kobe is or how much dough lebron has or anything like that. All I care about is how this player plays for my team.

Omg don't act like you've never seen someone on tv and thought oh he seems cool i'd like to kick it wit him...or he's seems stupid i wouldn't want to meet him or kick it with him...its the same thing...either way your forming an opinion on someone based on what you see on tv and through the media...everyone does in it one way or another I dont care what u say...if u dont like this type of threads or u dont like them..get out of the thread then ...dont post in it...all your doing by posting in the thread that you "dont care about" is keeping it at the top of the sports forum to keep getting more replys...ironic isnt it??

Slow down cat. I just posted what I thought. Its fine that you made the thread because you are allowed to do that. All I am saying is when I come to NT I wantto talk sports.

But I guess you do have me. I have thought that will smith would be a cool person to kick it with because he seems cool on tv. But I won't post it on ntbecause that just seems stupid.

You have to understand most folks are going to think you are hating because kobe just lit your team up for 49. But its all good. At least you still ride foryour team. Hell I your the only denever fan I can remember on this board. Its all good.

Address what I said to you in the Sean Bell thread over in General please.

You were "joking, but on the real"....thats exactly what I'm talking about. What do you know about AI or Kobe in REALITY. You're trying toohard to "keep it real", or prop that up like its some sort of motto to be lived by
eyes.gif

I'm not making an argument about how Kobe is, I don't know him in real life, so I'm not trying to judge him. The other funny thing is all this MJstuff your talking. Did you see him play? Do you know how he was viewed by most people? Dude was constantly being called a "sell-out" who refused touse his visibility to address any important social issues, and is generally viewed as one of the biggest a-holes to ever live. Now my point is, I don'tcare if he wants to address social issues, word to Tiger, but he certainly didn't "keep it real" any more than Kobe. He was tremendouslyconcerned with his public persona, and calculated EVERY move before he made it, in order to maintain his marketability. Thats the same thing you are callingKobe out on.

You are the prime example of Chappelle's skit "When Keepin' it Real Goes Wrong".

indifferent.gif
x infinity +1

Originally Posted by jbone2308

I love how we bring down our own people over sports. Everybody loves AI cuz how "gansta" he was. Where did that get him nowhere and the thing is without basketball who knows.

Without basketball Kobe is educated, speaks multiple languages, and scored high on his SAT's. If anything you want to call him something it's a little nerdy in some peoples opinions. Dude reads Harry Potter, comic books, cartoons, loves Superheroes, video games, and action figures.
eyes.gif

But hey so do I and I don't care if people call me nerdy cuz, if I ask all those who trying to put on the "hard I'm blacker than you front" they used to like all the same stuff I do.

I like Batman, comics, video games, action figures, cartoons, and ect.. The common thing between me and Kobe, we got kids so hey you got to do kid movies at times. Call me a nerd but I'm getting my education, I'm a Christian, I don't get in trouble, and oh I'm a BLACK MAN WHO IS TAKING CARE OF HIS.

KOBE IS TOO, SO QUIT HATING AND BREAKING THIS MAN DOWN CUZ YOU MAD HE'S THE BEST PLAYER AND YOUR FAVORITE PLAYER ISN'T.

eyes.gif

Everyone loves AI cuz of how gangsta he is??...Nah that has nothing to do with it...they're plenty of guys in the league that are hood...half the blackplayers in the league are hood...that has nothing to do with it

And nobody is saying that he's corny because he's educated...i'm in grad school for my mba right now so what sense would that make??...Who actuallythinks someone is corny because their educated??...that has nothing to do with it...

Address what I said to you in the Sean Bell thread over in General please.

You were "joking, but on the real"....thats exactly what I'm talking about. What do you know about AI or Kobe in REALITY. You're trying too hard to "keep it real", or prop that up like its some sort of motto to be lived by
eyes.gif

I'm not making an argument about how Kobe is, I don't know him in real life, so I'm not trying to judge him. The other funny thing is all this MJ stuff your talking. Did you see him play? Do you know how he was viewed by most people? Dude was constantly being called a "sell-out" who refused to use his visibility to address any important social issues, and is generally viewed as one of the biggest a-holes to ever live. Now my point is, I don't care if he wants to address social issues, word to Tiger, but he certainly didn't "keep it real" any more than Kobe. He was tremendously concerned with his public persona, and calculated EVERY move before he made it, in order to maintain his marketability. Thats the same thing you are calling Kobe out on.

You are the prime example of Chappelle's skit "When Keepin' it Real Goes Wrong".

indifferent.gif
x infinity +1

341px-Ether.jpg

again Marley
laugh.gif

MJ = Semi-corny

I'm sayin semi because he set alotta trends and had way more swag then kobe

examples :

the gold chains around his neck

set new trends such as :

longer shorts,bald head,air jordans,coined the phrase " all day "

Kobe = Corny as hell

he's basically stole huge amounts of MJ's swag and mannerisms

I hate watchin him becuz its like a poor mans MJ

I mean damn make up your own celebrations when u hit a shot

dont do everything you've seen MJ do after he hit a big shot

they are both very good basketball players

but your kidding if your gonna defend every aspect of them.

and yes alotta people do love Iverson becuz of his gangster-ness

( he grew up wit a single mother in the hood )

roll.gif
How many different celebrations can you do? What do you want him to do cartwheels after he hits a game-winner or do the "you can't see mething" or crank dat soulja boy? Get real. That just sounds really ******ed. Tiger is definitely a cornball too cause he does the MJ fist pump too (I guessnobody in history did the fist pump before MJ
eyes.gif
). And as for him being a "poor man's MJ"
smh.gif
indifferent.gif

kobe is my favorite player, but i can admit he's corny. i hate it when he always tries to bring italian stuff into every convo and then speak it horribly.

Back
Top Bottom