Is it just me...Or has society is becoming more sensitive as the years pass?

Originally Posted by cocolicious

Hitting kids are a no no
smh.gif
If your parents beat your
f5235c65ebf573f38059f18252fd782f6562674.gif
, you might have learned more in school.

Originally Posted by Nike Star Jay

Originally Posted by Chicityk7

some of you boys in here must be single w/ no kids seriouslychildern dont have nor need to think they have any suthority to "hit back" are you crazy"spare the rod spoil the child"ppl whip your childern otherwise we will have a world full of soulja boys & nickki minaj's & i for one am not rasing a lil nickki M. i whoop my daughters +%% each & every time she gets out of line or does something she know she shouldnt ..........yeah im BLACK
So just because you plan on hitting your children you think that will stop them from becoming "soulja boy and nicki minaj"? Right... It's a lot more than that. There are plenty of kids who get beatings for punishable behavior and they still turn out bad. I wonder how this idea of beating your kids = them being model citizens got embedded into some of your brains. It's completely ridiculous.
i didnt say anything about beating anybody there's a fine line betweendiscipline & beating & i never cross it...i love my lil girl& 1)wouldnt hurt her whatsoever 2)I just want her to know right fromwrong & what she can & can't do...feel me bro... & if kidsis snapping back @ parents & thier letting them get away with itthose are some sorry %@@ parents...
1) What do you think she's feeling when you hit her as punishment? Pleasurable sensation? If you're hitting her you're either A) tapping her (hitting her softly) which is pointless because I know soft tapping has hardly any affect on a child or B) you're hitting her hard in some fashion (spanking, whooping w/ a belt, etc) which ensues pain.

2) As I said previously, hitting a child is taking the easy route. You want her to know right from wrong and you think disciplining her with pain is the only way to efficiently go about it?

So a child smacks his teacher and you take away his video game versus whooping them. Its not abuse. Im curious, how would you go about a situation like that.
You: well pete you smacked your teacher and now I have to take away your ps3
Pete: so, do you?
You: now now pete no need to be rude
Pete:whatever *walks away*
You:
frown.gif
eyes.gif

Then he finds it acceptable to talk to you any kinda way, but if you hit him trust me he won't be getting outta line like that too oftten

I feel that spanking with an explanation of why they are getting spanked is the best method. I think they will learn more about what they shouldnt do from that rather then if you just spanked them outright. Thats the method of discipline I will use with my children.

And about this people become more soft, I think I can see what youre talking about. People are so quick to get offended at all these race and sexual orientation jokes and %!@! that really doesnt mean any harm and is meant for entertainment. Thats what stands out to me the most.

And men these days are become more feminized, ive notice that as well.

Originally Posted by J23S

Originally Posted by Nike Star Jay

Originally Posted by Chicityk7

some of you boys in here must be single w/ no kids seriouslychildern dont have nor need to think they have any suthority to "hit back" are you crazy"spare the rod spoil the child"ppl whip your childern otherwise we will have a world full of soulja boys & nickki minaj's & i for one am not rasing a lil nickki M. i whoop my daughters +%% each & every time she gets out of line or does something she know she shouldnt ..........yeah im BLACK
So just because you plan on hitting your children you think that will stop them from becoming "soulja boy and nicki minaj"? Right... It's a lot more than that. There are plenty of kids who get beatings for punishable behavior and they still turn out bad. I wonder how this idea of beating your kids = them being model citizens got embedded into some of your brains. It's completely ridiculous.
i didnt say anything about beating anybody there's a fine line betweendiscipline & beating & i never cross it...i love my lil girl& 1)wouldnt hurt her whatsoever 2)I just want her to know right fromwrong & what she can & can't do...feel me bro... & if kidsis snapping back @ parents & thier letting them get away with itthose are some sorry %@@ parents...
1) What do you think she's feeling when you hit her as punishment? Pleasurable sensation? If you're hitting her you're either A) tapping her (hitting her softly) which is pointless because I know soft tapping has hardly any affect on a child or B) you're hitting her hard in some fashion (spanking, whooping w/ a belt, etc) which ensues pain.

2) As I said previously, hitting a child is taking the easy route. You want her to know right from wrong and you think disciplining her with pain is the only way to efficiently go about it?
So a child smacks his teacher and you take away his video game versus whooping them. Its not abuse. Im curious, how would you go about a situation like that.
You: well pete you smacked your teacher and now I have to take away your ps3
Pete: so, do you?
You: now now pete no need to be rude
Pete:whatever *walks away*
You:
frown.gif
eyes.gif

Then he finds it acceptable to talk to you any kinda way, but if you hit him trust me he won't be getting outta line like that too oftten

Granted you have to lay down the law but LIKE 1-2 GOOD TIMES if you do it right for association purposes. You shouldn't have to repeatedly beat your kids. They are people who grow up and remember things and just cause you are beating them for something that they did that was wrong what are you doing to reinforce that? Maybe the element of surprise may work with that kid but after you knock the **!$ out of him what he needs is to be grounded and things taken from him so he can understand what he did was wrong. They have to understand the why and how they can come back.

Originally Posted by hennySMASH

Yes, 9/11 changed a lot of things. Cartoons (for example) used to be more adult oriented, they used to take risks. Now the censors are all over it and you cant do anything slightly discriminative.

In more ways than you can imagine, sadly. Glad someone pointed this out.

Back
Top Bottom