Is it just the Jordan mystique that makes him the "undisputed" GOAT?

Originally Posted by Prostaffer

As a player in a Chicago Bulls uniform, Michael Jordan was the only athlete to never disappoint anybody.
NEVER disappoint?
laugh.gif

Michael-Jordan-1-.jpg

Originally Posted by Vsano

It's overall package my friends.. Inside & outside the court.

My vote for GOAT goes to Jordan, but part of my arguments steers well clear Jordon off of the court. I hope that's not a focal point for you.

Originally Posted by Vsano

It's overall package my friends.. Inside & outside the court.

My vote for GOAT goes to Jordan, but part of my arguments steers well clear Jordon off of the court. I hope that's not a focal point for you.

Originally Posted by Winged Wheel

Originally Posted by LDJ

Prostaffer wrote:
point taken, but I can rarely remember MJ ever become a shrinking violet when his team needed him.

The Jordan mystique comes from one thing...

As a player in a Chicago Bulls uniform, Michael Jordan was the only athlete to never disappoint anybody.

pippen never disappointed

Before Pippen had ever won a championship, his defining postseason moment came in 1990 when a migraine headache kept him out of a Game 7 loss against the Detroit Pistons in the Eastern Conference finals.

"Well, there's always a little bit of regret. But things happen in life, different situations, and that was just a learning situation for me," Pippen told ESPN.com. "From the migraine to sitting out the 1.8, I learned to be better about taking care of my body and preparing myself to be a professional every day."

Yeah, Pippen never disappointed.
eyes.gif

Oh My God, so he missed a WHOLE 1.8 seconds and let me guess thats why jordan lost that playoff game?? Wow all i can say is if you've ever had a migraine i mean a real migraine it is no joke and there is NO way to do anything while you have one, plus the bright lights make it worse, so lay off again people puttin the man down for something they couldnt do...

Originally Posted by LDJ

Prostaffer wrote:
point taken, but I can rarely remember MJ ever become a shrinking violet when his team needed him.

The Jordan mystique comes from one thing...

Before Pippen had ever won a championship, his defining postseason moment came in 1990 when a migraine headache kept him out of a Game 7 loss against the Detroit Pistons in the Eastern Conference finals.

"Well, there's always a little bit of regret. But things happen in life, different situations, and that was just a learning situation for me," Pippen told ESPN.com. "From the migraine to sitting out the 1.8, I learned to be better about taking care of my body and preparing myself to be a professional every day."

eyes.gif

Oh My God, so he missed a WHOLE 1.8 seconds and let me guess thats why jordan lost that playoff game?? Wow all i can say is if you've ever had a migraine i mean a real migraine it is no joke and there is NO way to do anything while you have one, plus the bright lights make it worse, so lay off again people puttin the man down for something they couldnt do...

Originally Posted by daiernchef

Originally Posted by LDJ

eyes.gif

In the large scheme of things no Pip never disapointed.
Mike only disapointed once or twice that I can recall on in the playoffs

Originally Posted by LDJ

eyes.gif

In the large scheme of things no Pip never disapointed.
Mike only disapointed once or twice that I can recall on in the playoffs

It's one thing not to disappoint when you're not considered the best in the game...Or ever. It's another to never disappoint when you are the best. 

It's one thing not to disappoint when you're not considered the best in the game...Or ever. It's another to never disappoint when you are the best. 

Originally Posted by LDJ

eyes.gif

Young'in

the migraine and 1.8 are different moments.

The year Jordan didn't play Pippen didn't go into a game with 1.8 seconds left because Phil Jackson called a play for Toni Kukoc to take the last shot and not Pip.

Originally Posted by LDJ

eyes.gif

Young'in

The year Jordan didn't play Pippen didn't go into a game with 1.8 seconds left because Phil Jackson called a play for Toni Kukoc to take the last shot and not Pip.

eyes.gif

Young'in

Relax noone young over here buddy, and i know what its talking about i posted what i ment to say wrong, i ment to split em up but i was doin something and forgot to correct it, but you know what i ment about the migraine game and with the 1.8 i said OMG big deal, so what kukoc hit the shot so did it really matter, its just petty things always brought up to make everyone else except jordan look bad..

eyes.gif

Young'in

Relax noone young over here buddy, and i know what its talking about i posted what i ment to say wrong, i ment to split em up but i was doin something and forgot to correct it, but you know what i ment about the migraine game and with the 1.8 i said OMG big deal, so what kukoc hit the shot so did it really matter, its just petty things always brought up to make everyone else except jordan look bad..

Young'in

If you're not young,then what's your excuse for lack of knowledge and terrible grammar? Your first post in here was enough to get you ignored by every member on NT. My response was to the comment made about Pippen never disappointing, as a Pistons fan I can tell you Scottie was extremely soft before the 6 titles. He did shine in 94 because there was a great team in tact, but when it came down to it he couldn't lead the Bulls out of the conference semi-finals against New York. He was always the man next to the man.

Young'in

If you're not young,then what's your excuse for lack of knowledge and terrible grammar? Your first post in here was enough to get you ignored by every member on NT. My response was to the comment made about Pippen never disappointing, as a Pistons fan I can tell you Scottie was extremely soft before the 6 titles. He did shine in 94 because there was a great team in tact, but when it came down to it he couldn't lead the Bulls out of the conference semi-finals against New York. He was always the man next to the man.

All the playoff recoeds are like Favre's records, you dont think Lebron will break all them in time, except PPG in playoffs... Im just gonna say im born and raised chicago and i remember him being a ballhog and not letting us see pippens true talents until Jordan went to play Baseball then if you recall Pippen was in the MVP running and the Bulls made the playoffs as a good seed and came a BAD CALL against the Knicks from being in the Finals with PETE MYERS as 2 guard, not DREXLER, NOT MILLER, PETE MYERS... So would everyone please stop acting like HE WAS THE TEAM he wasnt, 4 of the best 3 point shooters EVER in B.J. Paxson Kerr and Hodges, PIPPEN RODMAN KUKOCH, Plus the talent was better then? are u serious?? There was no D Rose when jordan played no Lebron and a young SHAQ, Bird retired Magic old and fat, Jordan played the CAVS 2 times in the eastern conference finals and there best player was EHLO and DAUGHERTY?? GARBAGE When lebron has had to go thru Boston with 4 HOF's Detroit who went to 5 str8 EC finals, 3 HOF's in the Finals against Spurs plus noone from Jordans era got rings except HAKEEM, Malone Stockton Miller Barkley, Peyton, all played about 20 year careers and Jordan won six so i would imagine if they were as GREAT as everyone claims they could have won a ring in the other 14 years that Jordan didnt... its purely this wack mystique that everyone treats like rappers when it comes to snitchin and they just wont say anyone is better, i heard Mike Greenberg say aand i quote "I dont care if Lebron or anybody wins 12 str8 rings i just cant picture myself saying ANYONE is better then MJ" thats just lame and its because he used to cover the bulls.... but thats typical MJ fan

You Being born and raised in Chicago means jack !%$! and adds zero credibility to your opinion.The Bulls weren't a bad call away from the Finals, try again champ.It's apparent that you're nothing more than a Lebron stan who's trying to discredit Jordan's greatness, members like you really bring this forum down. Try learning something about basketball before you post again.

All the playoff recoeds are like Favre's records, you dont think Lebron will break all them in time, except PPG in playoffs... Im just gonna say im born and raised chicago and i remember him being a ballhog and not letting us see pippens true talents until Jordan went to play Baseball then if you recall Pippen was in the MVP running and the Bulls made the playoffs as a good seed and came a BAD CALL against the Knicks from being in the Finals with PETE MYERS as 2 guard, not DREXLER, NOT MILLER, PETE MYERS... So would everyone please stop acting like HE WAS THE TEAM he wasnt, 4 of the best 3 point shooters EVER in B.J. Paxson Kerr and Hodges, PIPPEN RODMAN KUKOCH, Plus the talent was better then? are u serious?? There was no D Rose when jordan played no Lebron and a young SHAQ, Bird retired Magic old and fat, Jordan played the CAVS 2 times in the eastern conference finals and there best player was EHLO and DAUGHERTY?? GARBAGE When lebron has had to go thru Boston with 4 HOF's Detroit who went to 5 str8 EC finals, 3 HOF's in the Finals against Spurs plus noone from Jordans era got rings except HAKEEM, Malone Stockton Miller Barkley, Peyton, all played about 20 year careers and Jordan won six so i would imagine if they were as GREAT as everyone claims they could have won a ring in the other 14 years that Jordan didnt... its purely this wack mystique that everyone treats like rappers when it comes to snitchin and they just wont say anyone is better, i heard Mike Greenberg say aand i quote "I dont care if Lebron or anybody wins 12 str8 rings i just cant picture myself saying ANYONE is better then MJ" thats just lame and its because he used to cover the bulls.... but thats typical MJ fan

You Being born and raised in Chicago means jack !%$! and adds zero credibility to your opinion.The Bulls weren't a bad call away from the Finals, try again champ.It's apparent that you're nothing more than a Lebron stan who's trying to discredit Jordan's greatness, members like you really bring this forum down. Try learning something about basketball before you post again.

Young'in

well excuse me for not being a college professor when i type, i could care less, is your life better then mine because you make sure every word is spelled correctly on the internet? Grow up, stop complaining about such stupid little things, Niketalk or the comments i type here do not define me as a person, and i do not live on here, so i could care less what anyone on here thinks of my Grammar... and please feel free to not comment back to someone with such terrible grammar wouldnt want to take minutes outta your precious little spell-check life... and to my point, thats what ive been saying, that bulls team was a great team when jordan was there, they didnt become good when he left, in fact so good that they made it to the conference semi-finals like you said which is pretty good for a team that was "carried" by Jordan, and to my point that Lebron REALLY did carry the Cavs, to the Finals, and back to back best records, because when he left they had longest losing streak ever... FACT

Young'in

well excuse me for not being a college professor when i type, i could care less, is your life better then mine because you make sure every word is spelled correctly on the internet? Grow up, stop complaining about such stupid little things, Niketalk or the comments i type here do not define me as a person, and i do not live on here, so i could care less what anyone on here thinks of my Grammar... and please feel free to not comment back to someone with such terrible grammar wouldnt want to take minutes outta your precious little spell-check life... and to my point, thats what ive been saying, that bulls team was a great team when jordan was there, they didnt become good when he left, in fact so good that they made it to the conference semi-finals like you said which is pretty good for a team that was "carried" by Jordan, and to my point that Lebron REALLY did carry the Cavs, to the Finals, and back to back best records, because when he left they had longest losing streak ever... FACT

You don't think that if Delonte West did MJ's mom he wouldn't have dunked on all 5 celtics and made sure Delonte was in the way to make it 6?

Cold Blooded...That ain't Bron, but that's ok.

Back
Top Bottom