Is it possible to live on 44k a year in LA? (The LA THREAD!...City Living, Girls and Social Scene).

Can't let these women run your life. Especially not in LA. I don't care which neighborhood they're from. They're all on the same self-absorbed mission and it's not to the benefit of me.

Everything guys do is for yambs? How about personal legacy?

Or even just self-preservation.

Last edited:
If your major decision making comes down to 'where can I get laid the most' you gotta re-evaluate some things.

How about move to a nyc or la because they offer the most opportunity for a come up in a profession you're interested in (or something)

Is placing yams at such a high value an efficient way to get them anyway ?

If your major decision making comes down to 'where can I get laid the most' you gotta re-evaluate some things.

How about move to a nyc or la because they offer the most opportunity for a come up in a profession you're interested in (or something)

Is placing yams at such a high value an efficient way to get them anyway ?
so if this is the case why dress nice, why want to be rich, why buy that luxury car..hell why even take a shower...**** lets go back into the stone ages and when you see a girl you like ...grab her *** and drag her into your cave and make her your sex slave.....
devil.gif

Of course not everything you do is for females but 90% of it is. You live in the city go out..why..to talk to the opposite sex. If it was all dudes why would you go out. LETS BE HONEST WITH OURSELVES PEOPLE!!

WE ARE HUMAN!!! ITS IN OUR DNA!

don't work in pasadena and commute from venice - thats backwards. you'll hate it. you should enjoy the hollywood or silver lake scene just fine.

and plenty of ppl can live on 44k in la.

don't work in pasadena and commute from venice - thats backwards. you'll hate it. you should enjoy the hollywood or silver lake scene just fine.

and plenty of ppl can live on 44k in la.
Im Sure half of the Starbucks and fast food employees live somewhere in LA =]  thats gotta be under 20k

I mean, if you're trying to smash a random chick every night, live in Hollywood for sure. Plus the chicks from the outskirts of LA will always want to come chill in Hollywood every blue moon.

But if I can be 10x more productive away from all that jazz....

In LA, successful people live in certain areas for a reason and it's usually to be more productive.

Touristy people live in certain areas for a reason too.

Decide which one you want to be, or how much of each you want to sacrifice.

So 44k for one person really ain't enough to live comfortable? Like im not struggling type comfortable.

What are y'all NTers doing with your money if that's not enough to support one person?

Assuming you don't think foolish things matter a lot

honestly nomad is spitting some real talk about the stereotypical LA girl i disagree with him on some points

majority is real talk most of the girls out here (well the ones worth hittin) are all professional gold diggers in training even the rich party girls

sure you got your occasional down to earth or educated/independent women but most of em are all druggies and nothing more than a pretty face

LA has the hottest girls by far NY ( i spent a majority of my life in LA/NY so i can speak from experience)

cant compare sorry but im sure NY girls have more substance to them and would make an overall better partner/gf whatever

Everyone out in LA is looking to "make it" word to fake it till you make it all aspiring singers/actresses/models etc

A lot of cats also put on a front to make themselves seem like a somebody out here and it sometimes it works on these delusional girls

if thats what your looking for OP youll find them out in the clubs at hollywood

also to the other guy i wouldnt recommend working in pasadena and living in venice just not the worth the morning commute night time wont be as bad but the morning will be
sick.gif

you could just try living in pasadena or nearby in like glendale and if you want to have fun once in a while hit up hollywood

i think this sums up LA girls nicely

So 44k for one person really ain't enough to live comfortable? Like im not struggling type comfortable.

What are y'all NTers doing with your money if that's not enough to support one person?

Assuming you don't think foolish things matter a lot

Bills add up surprisingly quick. Not to mention when you go out, it can be a costly night sometimes if you're not comfortable.

DTF is always cracking ..i always thought  the OC had the baddest Asian girls. ....But...ay.. this inst the thread to talk about my love for Asian women
laugh.gif
. So you never went outside your city?
Not really into Asian girls...and I'm Asian.
laugh.gif

Outside my city? Don't know what you mean by that. Lived in the OC for my high school years but rarely went to LA, went east for college, interned in NYC during the summers, now want to try out LA. If I end up not liking it, I can always move back to OC or NYC.

If you work in Pasadena, what's the problem with living in Pasadena? (haven't read this thread)
I lived in Arcadia for a bit earlier on in life, and from what I remember, that whole Arcadia/Pasadena/San Marino area was boring as hell.
laugh.gif
I'm used to the NYC lifestyle from my college internships, so I guess I'm trying to get as urban as possible.

Again, thanks for all the input, guys. Appreciate it.

basing life decisions off of vagina? :x :smh: doing it wrong

I'm saying there are beautiful women everywhere on the face of this planet, yall being **** boys moving just to see some pS@#$y :lol:

Yall need to rethink your definition of comfortable if you can't be with 44,000 on your own with no kids and girl.

Last edited:
If you work in Pasadena, what's the problem with living in Pasadena? (haven't read this thread)
I lived in Arcadia for a bit earlier on in life, and from what I remember, that whole Arcadia/Pasadena/San Marino area was boring as hell. :lol: I'm used to the NYC lifestyle from my college internships, so I guess I'm trying to get as urban as possible.

Again, thanks for all the input, guys. Appreciate it.

I see beautiful women all the time in Old Town Pasadena. San Marino and Arcadia are pretty boring, though, I'll give you that. And the Asian girls there are pretty whack (unless you're into that ABH ****).

But if I were working in Pasadena, I'd live in Pasadena. I ain't trying to drive on the freeways nearby in rush hour. The 10 and 210 are so :x

I'm saying there are beautiful women everywhere on the face of this planet, yalling being **** boys moving just to see some pS@#$y :lol:

Yall need to rethink your definition of comfortable if you can't be with 44,000 on your own with no kids and girl.

Not everyone lives the same way, man.

44k could be a lot to you but barely enough for someone else's lifestyle. Don't judge others by the standards you set for yourself.

44k could be a lot to you but barely enough for someone else's lifestyle. Don't judge others by the standards you set for yourself.
the question is can he live on 44k a year

answer is yes he can "live" roof over his head/shelter food/water

can he live a comfortable lifestyle? thats based on his needs and wants

if he wants to be pushing a luxury living in a nice area and live lavish 44k wont cut it

dont get me wrong though 44k is a living but you wont be able to ball out
wink.gif

The whole point of this thread is op asking peoples opinion on the subject :nerd:

Don't tell me your standards on how to respond to people :lol:

If you are asian or like asian food, Glendale and Pasadena have plenty of great food nearby. :kanyeshrug

Honestly, 44k is nothing if you're living and saving with a future in mind.

I wouldn't even move out if I was making 44k a year. I'd stay with my parents for a couple years, pull my weight around the house, help out with bills if necessary, and then put a down payment on a house.

Back
Top Bottom