Is it safe to say Breaking Bad > The Wire?

Dude I'm not talking down on the wire I enjoyed it outside of season 2 and writing off AVON and Wee-Bay you would have been absolutely right if it wasn't for what I mentioned. That weak Finale didn't help the case either.

Last edited:
I still haven't watched S3, but the first two seasons were excellent. Is season 3 as good?

I really enjoyed it, but I would probably put it below the first 2 seasons

Still great television and definitely worth watching

Season 2 was my favorite...Mike and Hanzee were my dudes :pimp:

i've been looking for another show to binge after finishing "the boys". think i'll give the wire another spin, its been years since i've seen it.

edit: forgot they remastered this series in HD :smokin

Look I Love the hood to grew up a littlie there but at some point and time you don't want nothing more out of life?

Look I Love the hood to grew up a littlie there but at some point and time you don't want nothing more out of life?

The hell that got to do with the quality of the shows? :lol:

Wood Harris, Idris Alba, Michael K Williams are way better actors than anybody on Entourage. It's a better show because of the acting and story lines.

I'm seriously shocked somebody is taking Entourage for more than what it was. :lol:

Wood Harris, Idris Alba, Michael K Williams are way better actors than anybody on Entourage. It's a better show because of the acting and story lines.

I'm seriously shocked somebody is taking Entourage for more than what it was. :lol:

Go back and read older post cats was talking about social economic regions. Idris Alba I will give you. Wood Harris who played Dboy for 80percent of his roles ok right even though loved him in above the rim. Michael K Who?

How is being the number 1 watched series at the time qualify as a popularity contest. @ that time Entourage dethroned deadwood for most watched

Now we're moving the goalposts and talking about ratings? Yikes.

Vanilla Ice sold more records than Rakim. He must be a better rapper. See how this works.

One show is about the inner city with a majority black cast. Why do you think it didn't get a fair shake? Time to wake up.

Go back and read older post cats was talking about social economic regions. Idris Alba I will give you. Wood Harris who played Dboy for 80percent of his roles ok right even though loved him in above the rim. Michael K Who?

Son you clueless :lol:

Only themes/memories from Entourage that young bol brought up we’re Ari’s one liners and Sasha Grey bring down Vince :lol:

Need to watch both The Wire & BB again.
IMG_20160117_180520.jpg

Why why are you guys engaging this dude about Entourage smh lol

I can’t tell if he’s serious or I’m missing something or what. At first I thought he was trolling with the 1c but he’s been adamantly praising Entourage whole trashing The Wire. It’s mind bottling.

One of the worst characters of all time ziggy had me not wanting to watch the wire anymore.

Entourage is for 14 year old boys/men mentally stuck in their teens. Terrible plot, terrible acting, and a whole bunch of random t&a thrown in to distract from how awful the show is.

Pretty much. I liked it in college and then sort of slowly started to burn out. Season 2 was the best IMO.

Entourage is for 14 year old boys/men mentally stuck in their teens. Terrible plot, terrible acting, and a whole bunch of random t&a thrown in to distract from how awful the show is.

That’s why I asked if he was 25 or younger :lol:

Pretty much. I liked it in college and then sort of slowly started to burn out. Season 2 was the best IMO.

I gave it a chance back then too, but like someone here said, every season is exactly the same plot-wise. It also doesn't help at all that the main character is completely unbelievable; based on what we see on the show, are we supposed to believe that he's supposed to be getting leading roles in movies by Martin Scorcese?

Seeing him struggle due to lack of acting skills makes sense, but him magically getting cast in top roles at the end of every season :stoneface:

I gave it a chance back then too, but like someone here said, every season is exactly the same plot-wise. It also doesn't help at all that the main character is completely unbelievable; based on what we see on the show, are we supposed to believe that he's supposed to be getting leading roles in movies by Martin Scorcese?

Seeing him struggle due to lack of acting skills makes sense, but him magically getting cast in top roles at the end of every season :stoneface:

Funny you say every season is the same because I can remember the first few seasons every episode being the same, using a similar formula :lol:

It always ended in a dilemma, usually in the form of Ari getting a phone call with troubling news about ratings or another actor competing for Vince's role. Like clockwork.

Funny you say every season is the same because I can remember the first few seasons every episode being the same, using a similar formula :lol:

It always ended in a dilemma, usually in the form of Ari getting a phone call with troubling news about ratings or another actor competing for Vince's role. Like clockwork.

And then just when Vince is about to give up, a personal cell phone call arrives from James Cameron or some other big name director to end the season :lol: I don't remember exactly but I'm sure someone called him like "sorry I got back to you so late, I was out climbing in the Himalayas for the past week. I have the lead role open for Aquaman. Interested??"

Stop it, guys. I assure you that’s much better writing and a much better plot than The Wire. Plus Entourage had Kanye show up for 40 seconds and debut Good Life at the end of an episode! #Influence

Call me crazy, on first watch I HATED the second season of the wire but on rewatch it became my favorite, the story of frank sobatka is a masterpiece.

I need to rewatch BB again but I'd put the wire above it. Need to rewatch OZ & the shield too.

Back
Top Bottom