Is it safe to say Breaking Bad > The Wire?

Im up to date with BB but ive only seen a few episodes of the wire... 

So far, I can def say the wire is a greater TV show than breaking bad.. hands down. The wire is straight gutter, all behind the scenes..

BB is dope as hell tho, dont get me wrong.. top 3 show for me

I'm on season 3 of Breaking Bad two. Damb at this b Skyler. I hate her. I want to watch her burn. Saul Goodman is that dude though.
yeah...join the club. everybody wants Skyler dead.
I don't.

And the answer to this thread remains the same. No, it's not. But they're two very different shows with different styles, goals, and methods, it's unfair to compare the two if you're trying to put down one or the other. They're both great, let's celebrate that.

For those of you that have SiriusXM Bryan Cranston was on Howard Stern this morning and talked about the show a little bit. They start filming in December and will finish up in March. He has no idea how the show is going to end and he revealed that they actually were taught how to cook meth and he even cooked two batches himself. It was an awesome interview.

For those of you that have SiriusXM Bryan Cranston was on Howard Stern this morning and talked about the show a little bit. They start filming in December and will finish up in March. He has no idea how the show is going to end and he revealed that they actually were taught how to cook meth and he even cooked two batches himself. It was an awesome interview.

:lol: he had to be joking.

:lol: he had to be joking.

No joke. At first he kept denying but Howard kept on asking him about it and he finally gave in. He said they had DEA chemists as consultants on the show and they showed them how and let them cook up a batch of meth.

YO, im still on season 3 and this scene in the hospital, where walt wife is lying about the money to pay her brother in law bill. :wow: She is easily the most ruthless female. The wire had chicks that would blow your head off, that seem nicer than her. so far wire still got it by a large margin, but man this show is godly.

YO, im still on season 3 and this scene in the hospital, where walt wife is lying about the money to pay her brother in law bill. :wow: She is easily the most ruthless female. The wire had chicks that would blow your head off, that seem nicer than her. so far wire still got it by a large margin, but man this show is godly.

I hate Skyler :lol:

I tired getting into The Wire, but it just doesn't do it for me. I stopped watching after three episodes, and I struggled to watch the last two.

Breaking Bad, on the other hand, had me hooked after one episode.

Hence, BB > The Wire.

The Wire is still tops for me.

I enjoy Breaking Bad though. Looking forward to next summer.

No love for Sons of Anarchy though? :smh:
The Wire >Game of Thrones>SOA>Breaking Bad>Dexter
That is my order of the best TV series in the past 10yrs. The battle between SOA and BB is pretty close though. Just started watching Revenge and that show is pretty good too...

I like Sons Of Anarchy, but it's not even better than Boardwalk Empire or Homeland.

I've never seen an episode of the wire. I think if I tried to start watching it now, it'd be hard to view it from an unbiased standpoint. Breaking Bad is literally the best show I've watched on television. It's like the guy said in the official BB season 5 thread after this last episode; "I feel sorry for anyone that doesn't watch this show."

Last edited:
They're both two of the best shows ever, Breaking Bad has continued to be excellent and I have very little doubts that they'll deliver the final episodes.

I still don't care to say BB > The Wire or vice versa... what's the point? :lol:

Two completely different shows.

One is more rooted in reality, while the other is pretty much fantasy. But they're both great shows though.

That said, Omar >>>>>> any character from BB.

Back
Top Bottom