Is Jessica Alba's Career Over?

I just saw her on some female magazine cover the other day.. her name is still in the spotlight..somewhat..

Why everybody talking about how she not broke? Of course she still has money and is finding a way to have a steady income. All op asked is if she had become irrelevant and faded in to Bolivia which she has for the most part. Sin City 2 might be another spark for a while but she's pretty much done as an actress. Reminds me of foreign chick from American Pie, Elizabeth or Shannon something but obviously not as hot as her.

Originally Posted by Spidermachine916

she's a MOM?!
eek.gif
you late braah

Spy Kids 4 
roll.gif
roll.gif

She will have enough money now anyways so she probably not really motivated anymore by that, she has kids now
tired.gif

Glad to see she's doing her mom thing... and not whoring her and her kids around for exposure.

Originally Posted by calibeebee

Not that she was an amazing actress to begin with but she is has a recognizable name when it comes to cinema.  Are her days of relevance numbered?  What was the last major motion picture she was in?  

she was in that meet the parents movie lookin
pimp.gif

I think she's good as far as her career goes.

I don't care about her acting career unless she starts appearing nude in movies.  Her character was supposed to be topless in Sin City but that never happened 
mad.gif

Originally Posted by rice boy 45

Originally Posted by Spidermachine916

she's a MOM?!
eek.gif
you late braah
headache.jpg
 I just... *sigh*
jaguars-fan-confused-@%%.gif
 I don't get it.

What part of his statement gave you the impression that he felt he was up to date on this situation?

her career was limited in the first place since she was just a pretty face. Shell get some parts here and there, but she wont be the talk of hollywood. And of course she still has money, thats irrelevant

Originally Posted by Bean Pie Slanga

She has her Mexican connection in Robert Rodriguez.
I get that...just after hearing what went down on the set of Planet Terror, I don't put anything past him.

Alba...chick just strikes me as one of them PYT's who got pushed hard early in her career and pressured into taking roles she's embarrassed of now. She wants to be taken seriously, but doesn't have a clue how and didn't spend the last decade working on her craft, becoming a better actress, so that's on her.

Look at Scarlett Johannson. Yea, she got to sneak into the spotlight with Ghost World and blew up with an indie (Lost in Translation), but she's worked hard to find roles that she felt proud of. People have gotten on her for the same, pretty face/can't act +#!%. Or calling her a phony indie actress and all that. But she just kept on trucking.

Her looks are all people can see or care about a lot of the time, just like Alba, but there's so much more to respect out of her career and ability right now than Alba and that's all on her.

Originally Posted by MrONegative

Originally Posted by Bean Pie Slanga

She has her Mexican connection in Robert Rodriguez.
I get that...just after hearing what went down on the set of Planet Terror, I don't put anything past him.

Alba...chick just strikes me as one of them PYT's who got pushed hard early in her career and pressured into taking roles she's embarrassed of now. She wants to be taken seriously, but doesn't have a clue how and didn't spend the last decade working on her craft, becoming a better actress, so that's on her.

Look at Scarlett Johannson. Yea, she got to sneak into the spotlight with Ghost World and blew up with an indie (Lost in Translation), but she's worked hard to find roles that she felt proud of. People have gotten on her for the same, pretty face/can't act +#!%. Or calling her a phony indie actress and all that. But she just kept on trucking.

Her looks are all people can see or care about a lot of the time, just like Alba, but there's so much more to respect out of her career and ability right now than Alba and that's all on her.

look at this dude. Alba cant act,man.

I think shes very similar to Minka Kelly. Their both bad actresses that get by based on their looks. 

She wasn't exactly starring and carrying movies before and she's better off being part of an ensemble like Sin City were her "acting" doesn't matter much.

She's currently focused on her startup venture. Had a friend of a friend meet with her and mark zuckerbergs sister recently where they talked about each others startup business.

Back
Top Bottom