IS KOBE BRYANT...OVERRATED?

Oh yeah, forgot to mention my man Avery Bradley. Guy was arguably the best on ball defender last season. Kobe got picked over him as well :smh:

Again, LOL @ the 50/50 comparison. Kobe fans stay trying to rewrite history...........but it wont work this time.

Lebron has been better than Kobe for 6 years already
last 6 years kobe 2 rings lebron 1

lebron has mvps and overall better stats though. i think until their careers are both over one can't really have a full picture.

i agree on your point. should those 3 seasons define him entirely? i would say no.

Who said those 3 seasons should define who Kobe was as a defensive player? We were just saying there's NO WAY in his latter years should he have made those teams but you want to act like he deserved it when YOU know damn well he got on off his "name" alone. Stop it.

lebron has mvps and overall better stats though. i think until their careers are both over one can't really have a full picture.
So you agree individually Lebron > Kobe?

But I like how Kobe played last night. Its how any guard with half a brain would play with 2 big men. Let's see if he can get it through his skull that this is how to win games. Hopefully he doesn't drift back into his old ways.

Who said those 3 seasons should define who Kobe was as a defensive player? We were just saying there's NO WAY in his latter years should he have made those teams but you want to act like he deserved it when YOU know damn well he got on off his "name" alone. Stop it.
THIS.

When he was a First Team All-Defensive from 05-11, Dwayne had better defensive stats across the board than Kobe except for 07-08, yet Kobe always got it for the guard position. Wade had to go heads up against the other team's #1 while Kobe let Artest/Ariza do the heavy lifting for 45 mins and in the last 3 minutes Kobe would take over the assignment.  I have a riddle for the Kobe nut swingers in here. Kevin Garnett, Michael Jordan, Gary Payton, and Kobe Bryant are the only players in NBA history with 9 First Team Defensive selections. Take a wild guess and figure out who the odd man is out of the list to NEVER win a Defensive Player of the Year.

Rings are Not individual achievements, no matter how much Kobe fans want them to be. You can apply that same logic and say Derek Fisher and Pau Gasol have been better players in the past six seasons than Lebron since they both have 2 rings as well.

For the past 6 seasons, its been obvious Lebron has been better than Kobe. Thats not to say Lebron surpassed Kobe on the all time list. But if you cant even concede that Lebron has been the better play for the past six seasons, then there really is no point in arguing anymore.

I haven't clicked on this thread before.... what in god's name are you guys possibly chatting about in here. This has to be the special ed class of sports debating.

:lol: repped

dudes in here are just as bad as the religious debaters in general

so when did kobe stop earning it?

So you agree individually Lebron > Kobe?

But I like how Kobe played last night. Its how any guard with half a brain would play with 2 big men. Let's see if he can get it through his skull that this is how to win games. Hopefully he doesn't drift back into his old ways.

has lebron reached his full peak? until then can one know. we have seen kobes peak but are still watching lebron.

youre right a guard should play like that but he is a shooting guard. im not saying he should not get his bigs involved but his role is not like nash.

Rings are Not individual achievements, no matter how much Kobe fans want them to be. You can apply that same logic and say Derek Fisher and Pau Gasol have been better players in the past six seasons than Lebron since they both have 2 rings as well.

For the past 6 seasons, its been obvious Lebron has been better than Kobe. Thats not to say Lebron surpassed Kobe on the all time list. But if you cant even concede that Lebron has been the better play for the past six seasons, then there really is no point in arguing anymore.

youre basing it off his stats though right? stats only go so far. not saying rings are everything either though.

^ Not based off his stats at all. I rarely if ever use stats when comparing players unless their games are similar and they play the same position.

^ Not based off his stats at all. I rarely if ever use stats when comparing players unless their games are similar and they play the same position.

kobe had great years from 06-10. lebron was still figuring out how to close out games. i would take kobe from 06-10. not taking away anything from lebron but he was still figuring it out.

Closing out games is just one aspect of basketball. Not gonna get into a Bron vs Kobe argument cause that would lock this beautiful thread up with a quickness

Last edited:
Closing out games is just one aspect of basketball. Not gonna get into a Bron vs Kobe argument cause that would lock this beautiful thread up with a quickness

back to the all nba discussion, i see what you mean about kobes last few selections but you honestly think that the majority on that panel voted him just based on his name? if his defense was not 1st team i just dont think that the majority votes him just on name. i agree that his d was not at the same level as
a few years back.

Yeah all those voters for the defensive teams were wrong but the Kobe haters on Niketalk are right :lol:

And Kobe was better than Lebron til sometime around 11-12.

No, no... THOSE voters are freaking crazy. Have no idea what they're doing. Haters. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom