IS KOBE BRYANT...OVERRATED?

So you agree with all the voters that only gave Kobe 1 career MVP award right?

Yeah ultimately I have to agree with them.

Although do feel like Steve Nash stole one from Kobe or Lebron. Thers no way you should have a 2 time NBA MVP whos never made the Finals and is a defensive liabilty

Last edited:
Yes, he stole one... from Kidd. But that's obviously a whole different discussion.

I personally believe Kidd should of won over Duncan in 02, and Nash shouldn't have any MVP's. Shaq had an MVP year when he first went to Miami and Kobe got robbed in 06. Im not a Kobe fan by any means but he put up 35-5-4 on that bum *** team and Nash won it.

I personally believe Kidd should of won over Duncan in 02, and Nash shouldn't have any MVP's. Shaq had an MVP year when he first went to Miami and Kobe got robbed in 06. Im not a Kobe fan by any means but he put up 35-5-4 on that bum *** team and Nash won it.

Agree. Looking back on Kobe career, I think he should have 2-4 MVP's. Depending on how you look at it though.

CP3 got robbed that one year also.

In order to win an MVP, your team needs to win at least 50 games. Kobe came short of that.

Tim Duncan was the best player in the NBA, with the best record. No way Kidd winning the award over him

In order to win an MVP, your team needs to win at least 50 games. Kobe came short of that.

Tim Duncan was the best player in the NBA, with the best record. No way Kidd winning the award over him

BS... Kidd took a team that didnt even make the playoffs to the finals.. with kenyon martin as the 2nd best player on the team.. and kenyon wasnt that great offensively.. that is also why his only year as an all star was with jason kidd..

Unfornately that what the vote comes down to these days. But you can't ignore the huge impact J-Kidd had on the Nets that year. They replace him for Marbury and they go from last place to NBA Finalists. Kidd's stats weren't eye popping at first glance but Duncan's stats were virutally the same as the year before, and the Spurs were actually the 2nd seed that year behind Sac.

As for the Nash that logic is also flawed because it could be argued that while PHX did have the best record in 04-05, Amare was the best player on the team. You guys remember how he was manhandling Duncan in the series and dropping 37 PPG.

BS... Kidd took a team that didnt even make the playoffs to the finals.. with kenyon martin as the 2nd best player on the team.. and kenyon wasnt that great offensively.. that is also why his only year as an all star was with jason kidd..
Without Duncan, the Spurs wouldn't have made the playoffs too.

He was playing with an old David Robinson a 19 year old Tony Parker

And the East was soft, that was why the Nets were so good.

Tim Duncan was averaging 26 points 13 rebounds 4 assist 2 block per game PER @ 27

Jason Kidd was averaging 15 Points 10 Assist 7 rebounds 2 Steals per game PER @ 19 

Without Duncan, the Spurs wouldn't have made the playoffs too.

He was playing with an old David Robinson a 19 year old Tony Parker

And the East was soft, that was why the Nets were so good.

Tim Duncan was averaging 26 points 13 rebounds 4 assist 2 block per game PER @ 27

Jason Kidd was averaging 15 Points 10 Assist 7 rebounds 2 Steals per game PER @ 19 

So? Without kidd the nets were a lottery team. Look how far stephon marbury got them. Better numbers doesnt always mean everything. Cause jason kidd was also more valuable than duncan. Kidd didnt have any other stars with him like duncan. Cause kenyon hardly a star jeffsrson a rookie so who else? Kerry kittles?

MVP is for the best player on the team with the best record, Not who does the most with the least (even though that would be more fitting of the MVP title)

Kidd did some ridiculous things, but if he was to win the MVP that season, then theres no reason CP3 shouldnt have won in 07-08 and Wade shouldnt have won in 08-09.

Duncan was the best player on the best team (MVP) , and also the best player in the NBA at the time.

MVP is for the best player on the team with the best record, Not who does the most with the least (even though that would be more fitting of the MVP title)

Kidd did some ridiculous things, but if he was to win the MVP that season, then theres no reason CP3 shouldnt have won in 07-08 and Wade shouldnt have won in 08-09.

Duncan was the best player on the best team (MVP) , and also the best player in the NBA at the time.
The Spurs did not have the best record that year, so using that logic Chris Webber should of won it because the Kings had the best record. People want to use the guideline of best player on the best team but that's not always the case, that concept lacks consistency.

^ thoguht you were talking about the 02-03 season, my fault.

But usually, the NBA uses the guideline of best player on team with the best record. I dont agree with that but thats how it works.

I am SHOCKED kobe had back to back games like this especially at his age and his stubbornness to boot

[quote name="thadocta"]welll isnt this awkwardd...[/quote]Not at all.

entire career > 2 games

Right? I mean, forget the fact of who we're talking about or what the discussion is. Just as a general rule, an entire career > 2 games, right?

"Oh my gosh, you can't even give him credit for 2 games?"

Yes I can. But the question was about this being awkward, like these last 2 games renders the overrated argument null and void. Nope, because that argument is about his whole career.

Nice couple games, though, no doubt. Back2back 14 assist games is SUPER appreciated by me, most definitely. :smokin

if Kobe played the last couple seasons the way he played the last two games, this thread wouldnt have made 10 pages

[quote name="thadocta"]welll isnt this awkwardd...
Not at all.

entire career > 2 games

Right? I mean, forget the fact of who we're talking about or what the discussion is. Just as a general rule, an entire career > 2 games, right?

"Oh my gosh, you can't even give him credit for 2 games?"

Yes I can. But the question was about this being awkward, like these last 2 games renders the overrated argument null and void. Nope, because that argument is about his whole career.

Nice couple games, though, no doubt. Back2back 14 assist games is SUPER appreciated by me, most definitely. :smokin[/quote]

That's the ironic part because for most people who dislike Kobe, they ALWAYS come out of the woodwork when Kobe has a few bad games.

Obviously, the double standard is real.

A few bad games? You do understand for those of us who don't like Kobe's style, we see him as having bad games almost all the time, right? :lol: And we still show up and still say the same things whether he had a 40 point night on 31 shots (what is fans would consider an excellent night even though it's absolutely not) or a 17 point night on 22 shots (what even his fans would agree is a bad night... well, some of his fans, and that's exactly the point).

Kobe is arguably the best robin of all time. I still give the edge to pippen cause he did lead the bulls past the 1st round the 2 years MJ left.

Kobe a close second tho.

Nothing bad about that. :smokin

Hell the last 2 games he's been shooting less and passing the ball to the best front court in the league. Pippen would have love to play with gasol and dwight.

Last edited:
If Kobe plays the way he's been playing the last few games the rest of the season nobody could say anything bad about him.

If he played this way most of his career he would have multiple MVPs. Shame it took this many games to turn on the switch. If anything it should be frustrating for Lakers fans

This is the way Kobe should have always been playing.

Back
Top Bottom