IS KOBE BRYANT...OVERRATED?

Kobe is a great player not overrated but
Hes just another robert horry. If kobe was playing for the hornets all of his carreer we will
Never have this conversation..
roll.gif

laugh.gif

Kobe's last 4 games:

34.35 ppg, 5.85 apg, 6.65 rbpg, 60% fg, 53% 3pt, 87% ft

Last edited:
[QUOTE url="/t/514515/is-kobe-bryant-overrated/2160#post_17274022"]
lugaw87 

Kobe is a great player not overrated but

Hes just another robert horry. If kobe was playing for the hornets all of his carreer we will

Never have this conversation..
I'll play.

If Kobe plays for the Hornets his entire career, he retires as the greatest Hornet ever, and the 3rd Hornet to have his number retired. I have to believe he would have at least one championship, but if the Hornets were just absolutely miserable his whole career, he has gaudy number and no team accomplishments. So no Finals MVPs, because no Finals. Most likely not a league MVP because we're assuming the Hornets suck, and in the NBA, they never give MVPs to franchise players of terrible teams.

But the 2 gold medals, the All NBA and All Defense nods, the scoring title, he still fights and pushes and earns those. His rank on the scoring list would still be fairly close to what it is now, maybe even higher because he would have more games where he would just go bananas, shooting like crazy. Career assist rank would obviously be lower.

That's what I think. Saying he's another Robert Horry is just ignoarant; totally discounts Kobe's work ethic, which Horry is nowhere close to.
[/quote]
you cant say he would have did this and that... coaching, training staffs help out players a lot especially at a young age when they come in...

you cant say he would have did this and that... coaching, training staffs help out players a lot especially at a young age when they come in...

But you(not you personally) CAN say what other players would have done in his position? Oh

Paul Pierce, Jason Kidd, Clyde Drexler, Tony Parker, Vince Carter, Tracy McGrady, Ray Allen, James Harden, Dwayne Wade, etc etc etc.

28, 5.5, 5.5, 47.5% in year SEVENTEEN.

Ok.

I was just about to come in here and say he's been playin on another level these past few games.....Stellar performances against fierce competition :lol:

But nah he's been playing up to his legend the past few games :pimp:

The majority of his career is overrated, but this season is his best season ever after his 2002-03 season.

The hate clearly clouds and alters people's memories. Yes Shaq was the most dominant player during that time, but he still needed Kobe to win.

Perfect example is game 7 against Portland in 2000, Shaq and Kobe's first championship together.

Shaq had a pedestrian 18, 9, and 5 game with only one block, while Kobe had 25, 11, and 7 with 4 blocks...as a guard.

Not to mention that he was the one who used to d up everybody from Stoudamire to Steve Smith as well. People act like any 2 guard at the time could have done that, but that's not true in my opinion.
famb picked one game when Kobe carried shaq ..... :lol:

I can pick entire SERIES and PLAYOFF RUNS in shaqs favor ...

Back
Top Bottom