Is Kobe is still exciting to watch?

Yes and No.

No, because I don't think he has it in him to completely carry a team anymore.

But yes, because if the rest of these guys play well enough, I'm still shiet scared of Kobe in the clutch.

Originally Posted by 6 rings MJ

YesKobe can put up 50+ points at any given night!!

boys_in_the_hood_.jpg
........................................but you was joking....RIGHT!?

Yes and No.

No, because I don't think he has it in him to completely carry a team anymore.

But yes, because if the rest of these guys play well enough, I'm still shiet scared of Kobe in the clutch.

Really depends on what you think is exciting to watch in a bball game. If you're talking about pure athleticism, then obviously no, but if you're a fan of watching how he dices up a defense by outsmarting people and using little tricks, then sure. I guess to the casual fan, he's not as exciting to watch anymore, but as someone who's followed him since he first entered the league, it's still fun for me to see how his game has evolved.

Really depends on what you think is exciting to watch in a bball game. If you're talking about pure athleticism, then obviously no, but if you're a fan of watching how he dices up a defense by outsmarting people and using little tricks, then sure. I guess to the casual fan, he's not as exciting to watch anymore, but as someone who's followed him since he first entered the league, it's still fun for me to see how his game has evolved.

...a meaningless player on a meaningless team does a cool dunk in one of their  meaningless games in their meaningless season is more exciting than anything Kobe Bryant has done in recent years....

i just lost my will to continue typing  :/

...a meaningless player on a meaningless team does a cool dunk in one of their  meaningless games in their meaningless season is more exciting than anything Kobe Bryant has done in recent years....

Originally Posted by Wayne141

Nowhere near a casual fan. Don't disrespect me like that Reggie.

Originally Posted by kali4nikated

Why does ANY of that matter? I am not comparing teams. I am not comparing accomplishments. Why does someone have to be playing on a meaningful team for that opinion to be valid. Based on THAT logic, Blake Griffin shouldn't be considered more exciting than Kobe either since all he does is play in meaningless games. Same as John Wall. Faulty logic. Like I said man, yall still on me for saying Will bynum when the list had over 15 players.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Wayne141

Nowhere near a casual fan. Don't disrespect me like that Reggie.

Why does ANY of that matter? I am not comparing teams. I am not comparing accomplishments. Why does someone have to be playing on a meaningful team for that opinion to be valid. Based on THAT logic, Blake Griffin shouldn't be considered more exciting than Kobe either since all he does is play in meaningless games. Same as John Wall. Faulty logic. Like I said man, yall still on me for saying Will bynum when the list had over 15 players.
laugh.gif

kali4nikated wrote:

I will keep my will to type but I agree with you that dunks are overrated. I think that watching 48 minutes of badly played and/or uncompetitive basketball just to see a couple of break away dunks and maybe one power slam in traffic is not a good trade off in my view.

Maybe it is because I used to play ball back in HS and my coach was big on fundamentals, maybe it is because I am a bit of a nerd (even when it comes to sports) or maybe it because I am older than many of the people on NT, but I like close, well played games by savvy players.

Even if I were not a Laker fan, the 2010 finals were a display of grit, will, defense, Ray Allen's stretch of shooting and making all those threes, phenomonal point guard play by Rondo (as a Laker fan I would quietly groan in despair when he got in transition or semi transition because he would always get himself or a teammate of his bucket every time), great high post play by Gasol, Some great flashes of low post moves by Garnett, great mid range scoring from Kobe, outstanding man on man defense by Artest and almost every game being decided by either a display of soft touch on the ball and/or offensive rebounding.

If you want dunks, play some Xbox, watch the dunk contest, sports center and just turn off your TV's when the NBA is on in June because the two teams left usually will both be old, slow and "boring."

kali4nikated wrote:

I will keep my will to type but I agree with you that dunks are overrated. I think that watching 48 minutes of badly played and/or uncompetitive basketball just to see a couple of break away dunks and maybe one power slam in traffic is not a good trade off in my view.

Maybe it is because I used to play ball back in HS and my coach was big on fundamentals, maybe it is because I am a bit of a nerd (even when it comes to sports) or maybe it because I am older than many of the people on NT, but I like close, well played games by savvy players.

Even if I were not a Laker fan, the 2010 finals were a display of grit, will, defense, Ray Allen's stretch of shooting and making all those threes, phenomonal point guard play by Rondo (as a Laker fan I would quietly groan in despair when he got in transition or semi transition because he would always get himself or a teammate of his bucket every time), great high post play by Gasol, Some great flashes of low post moves by Garnett, great mid range scoring from Kobe, outstanding man on man defense by Artest and almost every game being decided by either a display of soft touch on the ball and/or offensive rebounding.

If you want dunks, play some Xbox, watch the dunk contest, sports center and just turn off your TV's when the NBA is on in June because the two teams left usually will both be old, slow and "boring."

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

Originally Posted by Deuce King

among the most overrated players in history.
There it is. 
you guys are obviously blinded with hate.
Not at all champ.  As I have stated on here many times before...........Kobe is great, but when you got dudes on here talking about Kobe is the GOAT or the second GOAT that's when you know dudes either don't know basketball, too young to know the history and players of the game, diehard Kobe lovers to the end, or a combination of all 3.  Hence the "most overrated player" statement in regards to those individuals.

i see what you mean. but if youre going to call him overrated due what the kobe stans say then youre stooping just as low as they are. 

How am I stooping as low as them by CORRECTING them??  That's part of the problem nowadays, folks just say whatever they want to then nobody corrects that person/people that are mis-speaking.  For most of these Kobe lovers out here they will tell you that 2+2=3........that's when I explain to them how and why 2+2=4.  That's when they get upset at you for helping them out when they need so much help to begin with.

Who are you father time?
If your arguing about the "history" and all the players then you are pretty old and should stop worrying about what other say.  

Like this guy right here, perfect example of somebody that I mentioned earlier.........." Kobe is great, but when you got dudes on here talking about Kobe is the GOAT or the second GOAT that's when you know dudes either don't know basketball, too young to know the history and players of the game, diehard Kobe lovers to the end, or a combination of all 3."

among the most overrated players in history.
There it is. 
you guys are obviously blinded with hate.
Not at all champ.  As I have stated on here many times before...........Kobe is great, but when you got dudes on here talking about Kobe is the GOAT or the second GOAT that's when you know dudes either don't know basketball, too young to know the history and players of the game, diehard Kobe lovers to the end, or a combination of all 3.  Hence the "most overrated player" statement in regards to those individuals.

i see what you mean. but if youre going to call him overrated due what the kobe stans say then youre stooping just as low as they are. 

How am I stooping as low as them by CORRECTING them??  That's part of the problem nowadays, folks just say whatever they want to then nobody corrects that person/people that are mis-speaking.  For most of these Kobe lovers out here they will tell you that 2+2=3........that's when I explain to them how and why 2+2=4.  That's when they get upset at you for helping them out when they need so much help to begin with.

Who are you father time?
If your arguing about the "history" and all the players then you are pretty old and should stop worrying about what other say.  

Like this guy right here, perfect example of somebody that I mentioned earlier.........." Kobe is great, but when you got dudes on here talking about Kobe is the GOAT or the second GOAT that's when you know dudes either don't know basketball, too young to know the history and players of the game, diehard Kobe lovers to the end, or a combination of all 3."

"Kobe is in town, lets go to the game/watch the game"
"Naw, I can think of 50 players more exciting than dude, I dont wanna go to the game/watch the game"

--For the record Kobe is NO WHERE NEAR GOAT. He is in the bottom half of top 10 though.

"Naw, I can think of 50 players more exciting than dude, I dont wanna go to the game/watch the game"

--For the record Kobe is NO WHERE NEAR GOAT. He is in the bottom half of top 10 though.

Originally Posted by DARTH DNZY

Thanks for pointing that out....seen some dude on my twitter say last night he can make a case for Kobe top 3
tired.gif

Originally Posted by DARTH DNZY

Thanks for pointing that out....seen some dude on my twitter say last night he can make a case for Kobe top 3
tired.gif

this is niketalk   a good chunk of members on here glorify chuckers and dunkers that play on 25 win teams but can throw down a few nice dunks

Back
Top Bottom