Is Kobe still Top 5?

Originally Posted by Chester McFloppy

Originally Posted by SoHi 23

indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by ERASCISM

Can Paul take over a game in the 4th qtr like Roy?
I was out in Indy sitting first row behind the scorer's table, chatting it up with players left and right (they were, however, ignoring me). The P's had a solid lead and CP wasn't showing up much directly on offense, missing several jumpers. He came to check in at around 3:36, and I was in complete Pacers mode. Without thinking, I murmured, "CP ain't !#!!." He quickly turned around and said, "What?" High off the fact that he even acknowledged me, I said, "Yeah, you're lucky T.J.'s (Ford) not playing." He replied, "Yeah, I prayed for that last night," and rolled his eyes and laughed. I was in complete disarray, and said to the man that I had so passionately spoken in MVP support for last year: "You shouldn't have been mentioned for MVP last year, Kobe is way better than you." He laughed and walked off. My friend gave me the "what have you done" look.
CP, the passing machine, stopped passing then. He began to shoot every time he got the ball and took over the game going 6/8 and scoring 11 points in the final 3:36. I was standing and cheering passionately every time Granger hit a big shot and he was looking my way.

After a timeout, he walked from the bench to halfcourt smirking and smiling, staring me down the whole way. I gave him a thumbs down and shook my head. With 26 seconds left he drove, danced around with the ball and hit West for a wide open jumper to win it. I thought the game was over, but it wasn't.

CP went over, took a photo with someone, then walked in my direction. I stood up. He stopped directly in front of the scorers table and, pointing a solid finger, and said in LeBron fashion, "It's your fault. It's your fault." My legs began to shake as my star crush walked away.

What did I do.

[table][tr][td]Paul Driving Layup Shot: Made (10 PTS)[/td] [td]3:36
[NOH 93-94]
[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]3:24
[IND 97-93]
[/td] [td]Granger 3pt Shot: Made (32 PTS)
Assist: Jack (6 AST)
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Paul Pullup Jump shot: Made (12 PTS)[/td] [td]3:11
[NOH 95-97]
[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]2:53[/td] [td]Granger Jump Bank Shot: Missed[/td] [/tr][tr][td]West Rebound (Off:0 Def:10)[/td] [td]2:51[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]Paul Driving Layup Shot: Made (14 PTS)[/td] [td]2:42
[NOH 97-97]
[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]2:42[/td] [td]Foster Foul:Shooting (4 PF)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Paul Free Throw 1 of 1 (15 PTS)[/td] [td]2:42
[NOH 98-97]
[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]2:23[/td] [td]Granger Turnover:Lost Ball (5 TO) Steal:tongue:aul (3 ST)[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]2:23[/td] [td]Foster Foul:Loose Ball (5 PF)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Posey Free Throw 1 of 2 missed[/td] [td]2:23[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]Team Rebound[/td] [td]2:23[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]2:23[/td] [td]Foster Substitution replaced by Nesterovic[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Posey Free Throw 2 of 2 (19 PTS)[/td] [td]2:23
[NOH 99-97]
[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]2:08[/td] [td]Granger Jump Shot: Missed[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Stojakovic Rebound (Off:3 Def:5)[/td] [td]2:06[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]Paul Pullup Jump shot: Made (17 PTS)[/td] [td]1:45
[NOH 101-97]
[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]1:45[/td] [td]Team Timeout:Short[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]1:34
[IND 99-101]
[/td] [td]Nesterovic Jump Shot: Made (4 PTS)
Assist: Daniels (6 AST)
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Paul Fade Away Jumper Shot: Missed[/td] [td]1:12[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]1:10[/td] [td]Nesterovic Rebound (Off:1 Def:2)[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]0:50
[IND 101-101]
[/td] [td]Daniels Finger Roll Layup Shot: Made (7 PTS)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Paul Fade Away Bank shot: Made (19 PTS)[/td] [td]0:30
[NOH 103-101]
[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]0:30[/td] [td]Team Timeout:Regular[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Posey Foul:Shooting (5 PF)[/td] [td]0:27[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]0:27
[IND 102-103]
[/td] [td]Granger Free Throw 1 of 2 (33 PTS)[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]0:27[/td] [td]Nesterovic Substitution replaced by Foster[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]0:27
[IND 103-103]
[/td] [td]Granger Free Throw 2 of 2 (34 PTS)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]West Fade Away Jumper Shot: Made (18 PTS)
Assist: Paul (12 AST)
[/td] [td]0:02
[NOH 105-103]
[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]0:00[/td] [td]Jack 3pt Shot: Missed[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]0:00[/td] [td]Team Rebound[/td] [/tr][/table]

Originally Posted by wildKYcat

Can Paul take over a game in the 4th qtr like Roy?
I was out in Indy sitting first row behind the scorer's table, chatting it up with players left and right (they were, however, ignoring me). The P's had a solid lead and CP wasn't showing up much directly on offense, missing several jumpers. He came to check in at around 3:36, and I was in complete Pacers mode. Without thinking, I murmured, "CP ain't !#!!." He quickly turned around and said, "What?" High off the fact that he even acknowledged me, I said, "Yeah, you're lucky T.J.'s (Ford) not playing." He replied, "Yeah, I prayed for that last night," and rolled his eyes and laughed. I was in complete disarray, and said to the man that I had so passionately spoken in MVP support for last year: "You shouldn't have been mentioned for MVP last year, Kobe is way better than you." He laughed and walked off. My friend gave me the "what have you done" look.
CP, the passing machine, stopped passing then. He began to shoot every time he got the ball and took over the game going 6/8 and scoring 11 points in the final 3:36. I was standing and cheering passionately every time Granger hit a big shot and he was looking my way.

After a timeout, he walked from the bench to halfcourt smirking and smiling, staring me down the whole way. I gave him a thumbs down and shook my head. With 26 seconds left he drove, danced around with the ball and hit West for a wide open jumper to win it. I thought the game was over, but it wasn't.

CP went over, took a photo with someone, then walked in my direction. I stood up. He stopped directly in front of the scorers table and, pointing a solid finger, and said in LeBron fashion, "It's your fault. It's your fault." My legs began to shake as my star crush walked away.

What did I do.

[table][tr][td]Paul Driving Layup Shot: Made (10 PTS)[/td] [td]3:36
[NOH 93-94]
[/td] [td][/td] [/tr][tr][td][/td] [td]3:24
[IND 97-93]
[/td] [td]Granger 3pt Shot: Made (32 PTS)
Assist: Jack (6 AST)
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Paul Pullup Jump shot: Made (12 PTS)[/td] [td]3:11
[NOH 95-97]
[/td] [td][/td] [/tr][tr][td][/td] [td]2:53[/td] [td]Granger Jump Bank Shot: Missed[/td] [/tr][tr][td]West Rebound (Off:0 Def:10)[/td] [td]2:51[/td] [td][/td] [/tr][tr][td]Paul Driving Layup Shot: Made (14 PTS)[/td] [td]2:42
[NOH 97-97]
[/td] [td][/td] [/tr][tr][td][/td] [td]2:42[/td] [td]Foster Foul:Shooting (4 PF)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Paul Free Throw 1 of 1 (15 PTS)[/td] [td]2:42
[NOH 98-97]
[/td] [td][/td] [/tr][tr][td][/td] [td]2:23[/td] [td]Granger Turnover:Lost Ball (5 TO) Steal:tongue:aul (3 ST)[/td] [/tr][tr][td][/td] [td]2:23[/td] [td]Foster Foul:Loose Ball (5 PF)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Posey Free Throw 1 of 2 missed[/td] [td]2:23[/td] [td][/td] [/tr][tr][td]Team Rebound[/td] [td]2:23[/td] [td][/td] [/tr][tr][td][/td] [td]2:23[/td] [td]Foster Substitution replaced by Nesterovic[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Posey Free Throw 2 of 2 (19 PTS)[/td] [td]2:23
[NOH 99-97]
[/td] [td][/td] [/tr][tr][td][/td] [td]2:08[/td] [td]Granger Jump Shot: Missed[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Stojakovic Rebound (Off:3 Def:5)[/td] [td]2:06[/td] [td][/td] [/tr][tr][td]Paul Pullup Jump shot: Made (17 PTS)[/td] [td]1:45
[NOH 101-97]
[/td] [td][/td] [/tr][tr][td][/td] [td]1:45[/td] [td]Team Timeout:Short[/td] [/tr][tr][td][/td] [td]1:34
[IND 99-101]
[/td] [td]Nesterovic Jump Shot: Made (4 PTS)
Assist: Daniels (6 AST)
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Paul Fade Away Jumper Shot: Missed[/td] [td]1:12[/td] [td][/td] [/tr][tr][td][/td] [td]1:10[/td] [td]Nesterovic Rebound (Off:1 Def:2)[/td] [/tr][tr][td][/td] [td]0:50
[IND 101-101]
[/td] [td]Daniels Finger Roll Layup Shot: Made (7 PTS)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Paul Fade Away Bank shot: Made (19 PTS)[/td] [td]0:30
[NOH 103-101]
[/td] [td][/td] [/tr][tr][td][/td] [td]0:30[/td] [td]Team Timeout:Regular[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Posey Foul:Shooting (5 PF)[/td] [td]0:27[/td] [td][/td] [/tr][tr][td][/td] [td]0:27
[IND 102-103]
[/td] [td]Granger Free Throw 1 of 2 (33 PTS)[/td] [/tr][tr][td][/td] [td]0:27[/td] [td]Nesterovic Substitution replaced by Foster[/td] [/tr][tr][td][/td] [td]0:27
[IND 103-103]
[/td] [td]Granger Free Throw 2 of 2 (34 PTS)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]West Fade Away Jumper Shot: Made (18 PTS)
Assist: Paul (12 AST)
[/td] [td]0:02
[NOH 105-103]
[/td] [td][/td] [/tr][tr][td][/td] [td]0:00[/td] [td]Jack 3pt Shot: Missed[/td] [/tr][tr][td][/td] [td]0:00[/td] [td]Team Rebound[/td] [/tr][/table]
eek.gif

roll.gif
and
indifferent.gif
at some of the things that are being said in here. Brandon Roy leapfrogging Kobe
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by yungmatt

80f351b9ec3171b4bffc0e3941de4efa1a9fe12.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

kobe won MVP last year...hahaha

the lakers are carried by him..and have a great record...sooooo...kobe is the best if not number two behind lebron

Originally Posted by ai3mac1

I still consider him to be the best in the world right now.
Well, Lebron's Cavs gave the C's all they could handle last postseason. More than the Lakers.

Lebron led Team USA to gold.

And Lebron is the best player in the NBA this season.

So no, Kobe is not the best in the world right now.
and what did wade do???... kg over kobe
laugh.gif

if kg is more valuable than kobe .. were was his playoff appearance for the past 3 years before getting traded?
kobe made the lakers a playoff team for 2 straight years.. even though it was the bottom seed.. with basically no one..
this is a dumb thread.. i dont even know why i contributed to it..

I think as of today you could put him at no. 5

Lebron and Wade are runnin it. KG you gotta put before Kobe cause he's a champ and more valuable to his team. That leaves Dwight Howard, Paul, and Roy. You could make a case for all those players being better than Kobe today in terms of individual stats and value to their team's success.

We are witnessing CHANGE in the NBA.

Btw- do you think Granger will have a better career than T-Mac?
indifferent.gif

stop it, kobe has 3 rings. Kobe>>>>>>>>>>>>KG anyday and Kobe is more important to his team and yes he is top five easilyactually top 2.

is this a joke ? Kobe is in the top 3 right now and possibly could belong to top 10 greatest player ever to touch a basketball. This man will go down the hallof fame and retire with possibly 1-2 more championship

KG you gotta put before Kobe cause he's a champ and more valuable to his team.
does Kobe not have three rings? Dont give me that crap where you say that Kobe didnt lead that team because it was certainly PP that was leadingthe Celtics to the finals last year.

This thread is so awful, its disgusting. And I'm not even a Kobe or Lakers fan but come on...this is ridiculous. This is the thread that ruined NewYears...

Originally Posted by TrueBlack88

This thread is so awful, its disgusting. And I'm not even a Kobe or Lakers fan but come on...this is ridiculous. This is the thread that ruined New Years...

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

OP's opinion is straight do-do. Why this thread was created is beyond me

Is Lebron playing better than Kobe, Absolutely but Kobe is on the rise no question. The thing is people look at the Cavs record and assume it's all Bron.His numbers are great but Kobes haven't really dropped much.

Is Wade playing better than Kobe, maybe.

The answer is this, can you say flat out someone is better than another player with no kind of resume to back it up? No.

That's why even after 13 years you can't say Kobe=Jordan. Jordans resume was just too strong. But Kobe #2 shooting guard, possibly.

Lebron and Wade are playing better right now but that doesn't mean they are better basketball players.

Back
Top Bottom