Is Kobe still Top 5?

outkast9984:
im not a big kobe fan...... you dont know basketball
The fact that thread starter doesn't know basketball is a fact that was established many, many moons ago, my man.
laugh.gif

�or this?��

like i said before, my fav player is mcgrady or oj mayo but lebron is clearly the best.
anyone who disagres is either laker fans or in denial. it's okay though. no one's stopping you.

^^^ im not a laker fan or in denial... this year... wade is better then lebron... wade is above lebron in every category except for rebounding this year...

Gona ignore that Bron is shooting better from the field, 3 and FT..and turning it over less?

Wouldn't sound as good then, would it?

In my opinion, Wade and LeBron are playing at a nearly identical level. Forget the records and the MVP talk and everything; just looking at them playbasketball this season, I'd say their production is about even.

indifferent.gif

This thread is such GARBAGE.

KG over Kobe
laugh.gif
Dude isnt even the best player on the C's. PaulPierce got finals MVP last year. Kobe the main reason why the Lakers lost the Finals year ? First off if you watched any of the Finals last year everyone knowsthat Games 1 & 2 the Lakers got no calls from the refs in Boston and the Lakers nearly came back and stole game 2 @ Boston. Game 3 they won, Game 4 iswhere the Finals was decided when the Lakers blew the 24 point lead and went down 3-1. Also a big reason why the Lakers lost was the front court of Odom &Pau were soft as hell and didnt showup in the Finals. Just because the Lakers lost by 36 points in Game 6 all the haters started coming out saying "Kobequit on his team again", "Kobe should never be compared to Jordan ever again"

Also like what other people have said who took over in the gold medal game last summer against Spain and brought home the gold medal for team usa? Better yethow did team usa do without him in the 2004 summer olympics or in the world championships when those teams were led by Lebronze, Melo, and DWade?

I knew a bunch of people would start hyping up Lebron because the Cavs have the 2nd best record in the eastern conference this season. Heck fools like RickKamla and all of the ESPN NBA analysts have already beeen on his jock on NBA Fastbreak saying "Lebron will win and MVP this year and he also has noallstars on his team unlike Kobe". Which is total BS because even before this year Ilgauskas has been allstar several times in his career.

You ask any coach our assistant coah in the League and 9 times out of 10 they will choose Kobe over Lebron.

Check out what Don Nelson had to say about Kobe after the Warriors lost to the Lakers last sunday:
"He allows these guys to do their thing and be successful and encourages them," Nelson said. "He makes them even better than they are by playing alongside of him. He truly makes everybody better when he's on the floor with them.

"And you couldn't say that five years ago. But now you can say it. That's why he's such a complete player. When coaches look at players, we look at them a little bit differently. Do they make their surrounding teammates better? The answer with him is yes, yes, yes."
Link:

http://www.latimes.com/sp...-2008dec30,0,226637.story

Also every year before each season start NBA GM's get polled and are asked which player they would want to take the final shot of game and for like thepast 5 or 7 seasons the player they always choose is Kobe. Lebron still isnt clutch when games are on the line. Heck Lebron is still shooting what in the 70%range at the free throw line again
laugh.gif
Dude is still choking and throwingup bricks when teams hack him and put him on the stripe late in games.

Also what happened to Lesweep in the Finals a couple year ago in the Finals against the Spurs?

When SI & ESPN where hyping him up saying "Lebron has finally arrived"
laugh.gif

I usually have Kobe #1 in the league year in and year out, but this is the year dude gets bumped down a spot or two.

Lebron is clear cut the best player in the L.

Just because the Lakers lost by 36 points in Game 6
laugh.gif
. wasn't it 39 tho?

and no...I think people started to get on him when they blew the 20+ point lead on his home floor..

Sorry you saying this is the same as outacontrol vouching for Bron.

Nothing wrong it. But has to be taken with a brick of salt.

this year... wade is better then lebron
if you're talking about the talent wise, then i'll just give it a good laugh.

but if you're just talking about stats, then lebron and wade are having similar numbers this year.

but we know lebron is playing less minutes. per 48min stats shouldn't even be debatable.

For one game, I'm obviously choosing Kobe.

This is like arguing about Nas or Jay.

10 times out of 10, I'm choosing Nas.
But I could see why people would choose Jay and I have no problem with it.

Hasn't LeBron and the Cavs gotten the better of Kobe and LA... A LOT recently? (i thought they've gone his way, but not positive?)

But it is a foolish argument. They're both great.

My preference is obviously LeBron.

Originally Posted by allen3xis

Gona ignore that Bron is shooting better from the field, 3 and FT..and turning it over less?

Wouldn't sound as good then, would it?

I'll give Lebron props on improving is free throws and turning it over less, but his shooting percentages are misleading. His 3% still sucks even ifit's a small improvement. His overall fg% is just straight misleading, he is shooting about 30% on jumpshots this season and it's only boosted to 50%because the majority of his shots are bunnies at the basket, which he makes 99.9% of the time.

I was just saying...it's misleading to say the only thing LeBron has on Wade is rebounding...

when on the flip side..Wade is just barely above Bron's scoring and assists.

...as ska, said...they've been basically identical in production.

Originally Posted by SoHi 23

For one game, I'm obviously choosing Kobe.

no not really

kobe and lebron are great

nas is trash jay is great

wink.gif

I'm a nba fan, but I prefer watching lebron play on tv than anyone else. Lebron is a great entertainer, so is Kobe, and Wade but Lebron knows how to put upa show. All three play their game a different way, but at the end of the day they're all doing, and playing for the same thing. you all saw the olympicsthey played amazing as one great team!

laugh.gif

Pretty much.

Kobe is great, no doubt, but Lebron is scary good. Every year he steps his game up, and we don't even know if he's reached his ceiling yet.

1. Lebron
2. Kobe
3. Everybody else

Back
Top Bottom