Is Lebron James still the best basketball player right now?

1. I don't agree...that's why it's an eye test. This argument about Jordan being so great on D is what we would see today if Bron played with Kawhi. But it's an eye test so we just see differently...

2. 27,7,7 with better fg%, 3pt% > 30,6,5 with better ft% (my opinion of course). Also nobody will ever average 30 + for their career because the league is different where players are offsprings of Lebron not Jordan...

3. Very laughable if you think mj's comp was better

4. Not that it's harder to play but Lebron is criticized much more becasue of it. We praise Jordan because we didn't see him everyday, it was part of the allure. Similar to Michael Jackson; knowing damn well Chris Brown is a better dancer and Beyonce is a better performer, and Kanye is a bigger influence

1. what?

2. nobody will ever average 30 for a career? dudes are being scoring machines more than anything lately. and it has nothing to do with who theyre offspring of. if anything, new players are offspring of steph cuz he changed the whole game.

3. youre right. cuz lebron definitely has to fight his way thru the hawks, hornets, orlando, detroit, knicks, nets, bulls, wizards, and bucks. suuuuurreeeee. he barely escaped a battle with the 2018 pacers. you telling me jordan had it... EASIER? kobe had it... EASIER?

4. we dont see lebron every day unless you're a fanboy and you follow his antics on social media. chris brown being a better dancer and beyonce being a better performer is a GREAT example. cuz even with both of those being true, they still lacked the sheer IT factor MJ (michael jackson) had, which is saying a lot. MJackson had people worldwide FAINTING at the sight of him in concert. ambulances on standby when he performed. chris brown blew up by emulating Jacksons dancing. Beyonce being the performer she is still aint touching MJacksons awards, and overall impact on the music industry and the world. Shes just a mega superstar RIGHT NOW. but nobody is even listening to her last album right now... whereas MJacksons discography is STILL selling to this day.

and thats the difference. MJ (jordan) changed the game. made basketball a worldwide sensation. did the most in the shortest amount of time on a big stage. Stepped up every time it counted during his run. Went a flawless 6 for 6. He practically invented the concept of a player being clutch being a measurable stat. Countless stories of his domination everywhere. He prevented ALL TIME GREATS from ever winning. He made the greatest players in the league bow down (the olympics stories) just to show he was the man. Its just different man. Jordan is michael jackson, while you're trying to tell me that even though Lebron is beyonce.... theyre on the same level still. and theyre not.

It's the same way with elevating teammates. Lebron elevates by assisting. Jordan elevated by leadership, holding teammates to higher standards in practice, defense etc... and he would fight you, get in your face if you were not up to standard.

gm Lebron will just trade you

KING ****

1. I don't agree...that's why it's an eye test. This argument about Jordan being so great on D is what we would see today if Bron played with Kawhi. But it's an eye test so we just see differently...

2. 27,7,7 with better fg%, 3pt% > 30,6,5 with better ft% (my opinion of course). Also nobody will ever average 30 + for their career because the league is different where players are offsprings of Lebron not Jordan...

4. Not that it's harder to play but Lebron is criticized much more becasue of it. We praise Jordan because we didn't see him everyday, it was part of the allure. Similar to Michael Jackson; knowing damn well Chris Brown is a better dancer and Beyonce is a better performer, and Kanye is a bigger influence

1. You right, eye test is subjective.

2. Only 2 players in history averaged 30 for a career. very unlikely to happen anyways.

3. subjective again

4. kanye is not a bigger influence than MJackson

If winning rings doesnt matter, then why isnt this guy in everyones top 10-15?

Player A
Career Avg:

27 ppg 6.7 APG 5.8 RPG

playoff avg:

29.1 PPG 6.3 APG 5.6 RPG

9 finals appearances

Lebron
Career:
27.2 PPG 7.2 APG 7.4 RPG

Playoffs:
28.7 PPG 7.0 APG 8.9 RPB

8 finals appearances.

What makes Lebron a GOAT as some of you put it and player A not even a top 10 all time player if winning doesnt matter?

Last edited:
Reactions: MVP
Yeah man....that’s impressive. But that doesn’t move the needle at all when in these “all time discussions”. He does that in a finals WIN....Moves the needle. Just how 2016 FIRMLY moved him into the 4-8 range.

That’s how this works.

Maybe to you, but I don't much care for the ringz argument, especially when he's up against what was the greatest team of all time last season, with all their major pieces back this year. The team that features the top 2 players in the league according to you. We just view things differently. LeBron has been playing at an all-time great level night in and night out and it's strange to me that so many people try so hard to diminish it.

Maaaaan get outta here. MJ was the DPOTY in the NBA. And that was in 88 when Pippen was a damn rookie.

MJ's competition in his own conference is MILES ahead of Lebron.

As for the MJ-Chris Brown blasphemy, I see I'm speaking with a late 90s dude, only explanation for that type of buffoonery.

Maybe to you, but I don't much care for the ringz argument, especially when he's up against what was the greatest team of all time last season, with all their major pieces back this year. The team that features the top 2 players in the league according to you. We just view things differently. LeBron has been playing at an all-time great level night in and night out and it's strange to me that so many people try so hard to diminish it.

I dont think anyone is trying to diminish it. Most people in here are saying he is a top 4 player all time with the exception of a few irrationally holding onto that Kobe argument. He is a great player, I have him as the second best of all time and there is nothing wrong with that. But of you are going to tell me he is the GOAT then you have to look at all of the negatives and the positives.

Saying someone isnt the GOAT isnt dimishing what he is doing

Last edited:
I was born in 1990

Jordan was the greatest until Lebron came into his own as the goat.

I don’t live in nostalgia

Sure you are, and if you are 28, even more blasphemous. No excuse for it.

I dont think anyone is trying to diminish it. Most people in here are saying he is a top 4 player all time with the exception of a few irrationally holding onto that Kobe argument. He is a great player, I have him as the second best of all time and there is nothing wrong with that. But of you are going to tell me he is the GOAT then you have to look at all of the negatives and the positives.

Saying someone isnt the GOAT isnt dimishing what he is doing

I'm not arguing that he's the GOAT. He's top 3 along with Kareem and Jordan in my opinion. I agree with a lot of what you wrote here, but that first sentence is definitely not true. :lol: It's always the same stuff all the time, 3/8, weak conference, saved by Ray, saved by Kyrie, bigger version of Russell Westbrook, blah blah blah. It dominates the NBA thread all season long. :lol:

I was born in 1990

Jordan was the greatest until Lebron came into his own as the goat.

I don’t live in nostalgia
im 35 and remember only the tail end of jordans career .
you being born in 90 means you didnt get to see mj other then maybe his stint with the wiz. you have no mj nostalgia to live in .

I'm not arguing that he's the GOAT. He's top 3 along with Kareem and Jordan in my opinion. I agree with a lot of what you wrote here, but that first sentence is definitely not true. :lol: It's always the same stuff all the time, 3/8, weak conference, saved by Ray, saved by Kyrie, bigger version of Russell Westbrook, blah blah blah. It dominates the NBA thread all season long. :lol:

It's kind of a two way street is it not? For every person pointing out that he is 3/8 there is another person pointing out how great it is that he went to 8 finals.

I would also argue that those two shots completely changed the trajectory of his career. As great as he is and as unfair as it would be, if Allen and kyrie dont hit those shots then he is probably drawing more comparisons to Jerry west than MJ.

34-9-9 on 63% TS, multiple game-winning shots at the buzzer, and the Skip Bayless clones are still wearing their keyboards out. That’s impressive.

This is a silly post. No one is downplaying what he is doing right now. The discussion is about his legacy and where he ranks all time. But keep reaching for likes.

This is a silly post. No one is downplaying what he is doing right now. The discussion is about his legacy and where he ranks all time. But keep reaching for likes.

Sure, buddy.

this dude bout to 3/9

He's lost 2 of the last 3 finals since he's been in Cleveland. Going to be 3 outta 4 if he gets past Boston. I'm not impressed by him dominating plumbers and family men in the East for the past 8 years. I'm sorry.

Too bad he ran off the other star on his team this season and is probably getting swept this time out.

Like I said, no one is downplaying how well Bron is playing right now. Those posts you quoted certainly arent doing that.

Like I said, no one is downplaying how well Bron is playing right now. Those posts you quoted certainly arent doing that.

For sure. He's just dominating plumbers and family men. Not that impressive. And like I mentioned, it's carried over from the NBA thread too, where he's accused of holding his teammates back and called a bigger version of Russell Westbrook.

For sure. He's just dominating plumbers and family men. Not that impressive. And like I mentioned, it's carried over from the NBA thread too, where he's accused of holding his teammates back and called a bigger version of Russell Westbrook.

Ok well I cannot speak on what is being said in the NBA thread. But in this thread, there you are acting like a ton of people are calling out Bron for his play. That couldnt be further from the truth. Any sort of recent negative post was said in the context of Brons legacy and how he compares to past greats. People are not downplaying what he is doing in these playoffs.

The context of the plumbers comment was about who he has played the past 8 years in route to the Finals. Has zero to do with how he is playing right now.

Reactions: MVP
I can assure you, it's been a topic of discussion on a nightly basis. Anything else you want to be a stickler about?

I can assure you, it's been a topic of discussion on a nightly basis. Anything else you want to be a stickler about?

Dude its not me being a stickler. I am sorry if I am responding 100% about what has taken place in this thread in the last few days, and not taking into account what people are saying in other threads. How am I expected to know that your posts in here are in response to what was said elsewhere? Cmon man.

I'm just confused as to why people are bringing up his legacy and naming their Top 5's or whatever.

The answer to OP's question is a resounding yes.

People having him in their personal 6-12 all time range isn't changing this.

Dude its not me being a stickler. I am sorry if I am responding 100% about what has taken place in this thread in the last few days, and not taking into account what people are saying in other threads. How am I expected to know that your posts in here are in response to what was said elsewhere? Cmon man.

Alright, fair enough. I know you’re more of an MLB/NFL guy and you’re not really a regular in the NBA thread so you might not know the shtick I was talking about. Most of the others in here are NBA thread regulars.

Alright, fair enough. I know you’re more of an MLB/NFL guy and you’re not really a regular in the NBA thread so you might not know the shtick I was talking about. Most of the others in here are NBA thread regulars.

Its not that I am more of an MLB/NFL guy. Its just I am more of an MLB/NFL thread guy haha. The shtick you are referring to in the NBA thread is the reason I try to avoid that thread for the most part.

I'm honestly bewildered every time I encounter someone who is still holding on to the "Kobe is better than Lebron" argument.

It's honestly so absurd that merely holding the opinion disqualifies that person from any from serious consideration of their ideas.

But Kyrie "the earth is flat" Irving said it's true, so, it must be factual, man.

Back
Top Bottom