Is Nike no longer as cool as it used to be?

No, because we didn't know launch days and most parents weren't paying $100 for kicks
Eastbay catalogs would tell you something is releasing "Early July" etc. New products releases were typically on the same day of the week. It wasn't hard to know if the new Jordan was coming out.

Most parents aren't paying $100 for kicks now, yet here are all the students wearing $115 panda dunks that you're seeing.

I think that depends on where you were. In a city like Houston, yes, the day some Jordans drop the entire city proudly walks around looking like clones, but in my hometown there are thoes who are "on it" and those who aren't. Dudes would go out of their way to NOT wear them the same day as everyone else.
Where is your hometown? I'm from DC and live in the area still (also lived in Houston and Philly for a bit). This is pretty much status quo for any urban and dense metropolitan area.

seriously debating to buy some stock in the company... I got faith they will figure it out
If your faith is rooted in actual analysis of their and their competitors’ SEC filings, financial ratios, and outlook on the footwear/sports apparel market then go for it. Otherwise, just stick to ETFs.

Back
Top Bottom