IS NIKETALK NEW LAYOUT TRASH???? THREAD

IS THE LAYOUT TRASH

• Total voters
Like in the tool bar? I just use the dotted lines like this:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm not seeing an option to add such an editor option on my side.
Yea I use the dotted line at times but I have geometric OCD, so if I didn't correctly guess the number of Dots to put to cover the entire WIDTH, it bothers me. :lol:

Yea I use the dotted line at times but I have geometric OCD, so if I didn't correctly guess the number of Dots to put to cover the entire WIDTH, it bothers me. :lol:

Oh trust me, I have geometric OCD and anxiety from it too! I'll keep an eye out for any way to insert page breaks.

Ended up adding some CSS to the page and quotes are far easier to pick out.
Page35NikeTalk.jpg
Just writing something to vanish the gallery now.. lol.

After trying to give this a shot with an open mind, I have come to the conclusion that I absolutely hate how the quotes are done on this new platform. Its an eyesore, and is very difficult to follow. I dont think it is jumping the gun to say that this is easily the worst quote system I have seen on any NT platform, or other message board platform I have been on.

I sincerely hope this is a test. Because its just awful.

What do you specifically hate about it? Being vague doesn’t help me fix what’s wrong.

Ended up adding some CSS to the page and quotes are far easier to pick out.
Page35NikeTalk.jpg
Just writing something to vanish the gallery now.. lol.

Not trying to waste your time but we’re going to fix the quotes issue soon so just FYI.

If you wish not to see the thread gallery, you could’ve just asked. We’d have to code it in for anyone who doesn’t want permission to see the threaded gallery but that doesn’t mean you won’t see the right hand side bar on desktop.

the quotes were one of the first things mentioned in this thread, and not just once either.. it was bugging me, and it took about 2 minutes to find and add some color codes in.
The Thread gallery would be much better if it was a pop-over that only showed up when you click on a side tab (like galaxy edge stuff), but adding the js to do that is probably a bit longer fix that just a simple hide/unhide option in the prefs.

the quotes were one of the first things mentioned in this thread, and not just once either.. it was bugging me, and it took about 2 minutes to find and add some color codes in.
The Thread gallery would be much better if it was a pop-over that only showed up when you click on a side tab (like galaxy edge stuff), but adding the js to do that is probably a bit longer fix that just a simple hide/unhide option in the prefs.

To clarify about the quotes, it seems like it's an issue of being able to distinguish that it's a quote, correct? Your screenshot shows me that you just want a distinct and visually obvious way of telling that the quote is there without having to scan for it. Am I correct?

The Thread Gallery is connected with your ability to view attachments (i.e. when people attach a photo to a post) so it's not as simple as a hide/unhide since I would need to disable your attachment permissions to achieve that now. I think that if I got a conditional statement in there that says you prefer not to see the gallery, then I can handle that part a little better and not hide the feature from users who have been waiting years for it to come back.

I'm just asking for a chance to understand what I need to fix, and I can't do that if comments aren't offering details or giving me insight as to why or what can be improved.

If i use desktop on a mobile device there is a massive space to the right of the screen because of the thread gallery.
I can basically scroll to the right endlessly and it also makes it so I have to manually zoom in.
I tried the width change thing but nothing.

Honestly that is my only problem.

If i use desktop on a mobile device there is a massive space to the right of the screen because of the thread gallery.
I can basically scroll to the right endlessly and it also makes it so I have to manually zoom in.
I tried the width change thing but nothing.

Honestly that is my only problem.

Well, the website is responsive so it's likely that the site couldn't detect your screen sizes to display the right breakpoints. But I digress, what kind of mobile device are you using?

yeah, it's a question of separation.. Quotes always stood out and you could scan through a pile of text and skip to the replies that poster had added without any trouble. It's far less easy at the moment and particularly so on multi-quotes

I'd like to be able to see the gallery, but not as the default option on every page. The ability to hide it until you want to see it would declutter the page a lot. It's a cool feature and all that, but it's just a bit extra to have it take up that much space on desktop.

The other thing is the avatar/name/messages/reaction box.
It's just an extra thing that's really not needed when there's an avatar pic right above it where that info could be easily added.

yeah, it's a question of separation.. Quotes always stood out and you could scan through a pile of text and skip to the replies that poster had added without any trouble. It's far less easy at the moment and particularly so on multi-quotes

Got it. We'll work on making it visually distinguishable from replies.

I'd like to be able to see the gallery, but not as the default option on every page. The ability to hide it until you want to see it would declutter the page a lot. It's a cool feature and all that, but it's just a bit extra to have it take up that much space on desktop.

At this time, we only have it on the right sidebar on desktop. That right sidebar is there regardless if you don't see the gallery. The purpose is to show you content, and it's not like we fill that space with anything additional like posts or threads. We may consider adding other content, but at the current time, the thread gallery is to be present on every thread. If you wish not to see the thread gallery (throughout the entire site), we're still looking at a possible solution to opt-out but it's not user-selectable.

The other thing is the avatar/name/messages/reaction box.
It's just an extra thing that's really not needed when there's an avatar pic right above it where that info could be easily added.

This is core to the forum software and not something that we added ourselves.

Actually staying on cool grey now, my eyes prefer it. I don't understand some of the complaints but I guess it comes with change.

My eyes prefer it too. It's dark themed but it's not glimmering on my phone screen from the OG black.

Got it. We'll work on making it visually distinguishable from replies.

At this time, we only have it on the right sidebar on desktop. That right sidebar is there regardless if you don't see the gallery. The purpose is to show you content, and it's not like we fill that space with anything additional like posts or threads. We may consider adding other content, but at the current time, the thread gallery is to be present on every thread. If you wish not to see the thread gallery (throughout the entire site), we're still looking at a possible solution to opt-out but it's not user-selectable.

This is core to the forum software and not something that we added ourselves.
Fair enough. I've seen XF boards where it's not there, so if it's not something in the admin controls then it was either a mod or edits done to the theme.
It was simpler to just block the entire sidebar for now (which made posts go full width), so done that.

Good thing we have different tastes.
You are absolutely free to keep your default theme as OG. I’ll keep rappin’ on Cool Grey.
wish the threads u frequent were like greyed out
like on the old platform
it kinda hard to differentiate threads i already looked in
or replied in
that lil dot to the left is so small

This sucks. They really swapped out old faithful then upcharged y'all for "ads" & pocketed the reup. This is cheap and just doesn't feel right. Literally posting on sneakertalk 2.0 with da corny icons and all smh

Back
Top Bottom