IS NIKETALK NEW LAYOUT TRASH???? THREAD

IS THE LAYOUT TRASH

• Total voters
Well, the website is responsive so it's likely that the site couldn't detect your screen sizes to display the right breakpoints. But I digress, what kind of mobile device are you using?
Same issue here on iPad via safari, when viewing landscape. Not an issue when viewing whilst in portrait.

OG theme should be default]
Agreed, I hunt for preferences, others probably do not.

wish the threads u frequent were like greyed out
like on the old platform
it kinda hard to differentiate threads i already looked in
or replied in
that lil dot to the left is so small
Agreed, hope my “Watched” threads list would push the “Read” threads down like before or greyed out.

yeah thats how i find posts and threads
1569981532909.png

Same issue here on iPad via safari, when viewing landscape. Not an issue when viewing whilst in portrait.

i have the same problem too on an ipad and on Chrome. It might be because of the bars below the gallery? They extend all the way to the right leaving a blank space above and it causes the page to move. Only happens on landscape mode.
C1EA0DA4-20B9-4B61-85F5-DBCDCFB2E6D6.png

I know I am late in here but what happened to my previous posts? Any people I was following?

everytime you guys see a link posted or attached,in a underlined red color, do you get the feeling it looks like a google ad or something?

Methodical Management Methodical Management
do u have any things u wished were better on the new platform
i know u dont wanna say anything to disparage the site
or anyone working on the site
but what do u wish it had or
want for the site
that it currently doesnt have
or feature u miss
Of course. We don't write the software itself, we just license it and commission minor modifications where possible.

I think HellaSteph HellaSteph and her team at Community Hired are doing a great job getting the most out of this platform, but we’re not bound to it forever. If a better platform comes along, we'll use it.

Like many of you, I wish this platform would get with the times and offer mobile app support, or at least progressive web app support, for both iOS and Android.

Thread image galleries were by far the most popular feature we lost in the last transition, but I’d like to see the new post notifier make a return, too. At the moment, you do get an alert if new posts have been added since you began composing a reply - but I’d like to see that work while you’re viewing a page as well.

The alerts system seems to be broken as I'm not getting alerted at all.
Send me a PM or send an email to [email protected] and let us know what preferences you're using (a screen shot works if you don't want to manually list everything) and we'll try and figure out why your alerts aren't behaving the way you expect.

How do I get rid of this "NT would like your permission to enable push notifications" on the bottom of my screen? I can't even click on the damn thing to "x" it out.
Are you using an ad blocker? Thus far, everyone who's reported this issue has been using an ad blocker, and it's preventing them from accessing buttons at the bottom of the page. Disable ad block or upgrade your account to remove ads: https://niketalk.com/account/upgrades

If we could get quotes to look like they used to and for links to not look like ads, I'd be cool with the update.
We're working on changing the way quotes look. The "OG" theme has red links. The primary theme is designed to meet modern WCAG accessibility standards so we can't use red text against a dark background.

List of recommendations after reading most complaints...

-fix quotes as right now it just looks like a blob of text when scrolling
-go back to original font/size
-fix search engine
-put thread gallery somewhere else or option to hide it for a more widescreen interface
-have peoples screennames fit 1 line
-ability to minimize poll question since its so damn big and right in your face
-ability to remove push notification bar on the bottom
-overall there are too many red blocks everywhere (polls, supporter banner, etc)
  • Quotes are being adjusted. We’ll format them similarly to the previous version in the OG theme.
  • We’ll consider using the previous font settings in the OG theme.
  • The team is working on re-indexing search as we speak.
  • The thread gallery appeared in the sidebar on the previous platform as well. On mobile, it appears below posts. We’ll consider an option to change the position on desktop in the future.
  • Unlike the previous version of the site, there is an option to reduce the size of polls and it’s enabled by default. You need to tap “show all” to see more than two options - which is helpful for threads with a large number of poll options like those found in many Sports & Training threads.
  • If you can’t dismiss this, try disabling your ad blocker.
  • There was actually more red on the previous version of the site.
Anybody having issues with the search. I’m unable to text in the box. The keyboard won’t launch for iPhone.
This is an iOS 13 issue. If you tap in the search text box a few times it eventually works. The issue has already been reported to the software developers and I expect it to be fixed in a future update.

also is there a way to make it TRUE og and have red text
for those that want it
No version of NikeTalk had red primary text. You're thinking of red links. Most screen shots of the original site are of the front page. Post text has always been white.

i have the same problem too on an ipad and on Chrome. It might be because of the bars below the gallery? They extend all the way to the right leaving a blank space above and it causes the page to move. Only happens on landscape mode.
I’m not sure how we can reproduce this issue. I just tried visiting the site in Chrome (ugh) using an iPad and this is the result:
53D4F064-047F-401C-9259-322C7F39B556.png

What gen/year iPad are you using? Are you trying to “request desktop mode?” That should be unnecessary. The site is responsive and automatically adapts to your display resolution. Forcing it to behave otherwise may cause undesired operation.

What gen/year iPad are you using? Are you trying to “request desktop mode?” That should be unnecessary. The site is responsive and automatically adapts to your display resolution. Forcing it to behave otherwise may cause undesired operation.

IPad Mini 2. I didn't request anything. Just opened the browser normally. It didn't have issue before the update.

C1EA0DA4-20B9-4B61-85F5-DBCDCFB2E6D6.png
Yep same, that looks to be causing the issue.

I’m not sure how we can reproduce this issue. I just tried visiting the site in Chrome (ugh) using an iPad and this is the result:
53D4F064-047F-401C-9259-322C7F39B556.png

Same issue, I’m using the iPad Pro 2017, iOS 12.4.1. I never tried desktop mode.
Edited:
Same issue on chrome as well. Tried with Firefox as well, same problem.

Last edited:
My question about fixing the search function got ignored :smh:
We're addressing the issue with search at the moment. Thanks!
This is being fixed right now. The website is rather large so it may take about 24 hours before the entire website is fully indexed again. Sorry for the inconvenience and we hope you'll like how search works after the fix is done.
Dudes just complaining now just to complain, must be some government workers in here the way they are fighting change.

Any plans to do something with the blank space off on the left side of the screen?
Capture.PNG

Possibly... Really trying to come up with something useful or cool to put their but coming up empty.

Possibly related posts or threads, to the thread you are viewing. You can click on to open in a new window. Possibly social media links you can click on to take you to your own page to share something?

Any plans to do something with the blank space off on the left side of the screen?
Capture.PNG

Possibly... Really trying to come up with something useful or cool to put their but coming up empty.

Possibly related posts or threads, to the thread you are viewing. You can click on to open in a new window. Possibly social media links you can click on to take you to your own page to share something?
If you don't find it useful to have the content centered, you can click the "change width" button at the bottom of the page to switch between centered and full screen modes.
change-width-png.2427877

Back
Top Bottom