Is Peyton Manning the most overrated qb of all time?

This game definitely hurt his legacy... how does it not?

I never thought Manning was the GOAT, but he is easily one of the best to ever do it.
It just shouldn't have happened like this. Everything he accomplished this season
mean.gif
The '07 Patriots agree.
tired.gif

No, not even close.

He's one of the best and anyone who thinks otherwise doesn't really know what they're talking about.

Another thing that's funny to me is bringing up playoff records of QB's like they're out there playing head to head w/ other QB's.

This isn't tennis, there's 53 players on a football team.

Then again, its 2014 and people still believe in the clutch myth, so I'm not really expecting the avg sports fan to understand this.

Last edited by a moderator:
he's not the best ... and that's my dude ... no matter how well he played ... they were not going to win the game based on what i saw on that field tonight

I love Peyron but this game definitely hurts his "legacy". Arguably the most talented offense he's worked with and puts up 8 points in the big show?

Nobody takethe overrated title from Joe Namath.

Peyton is my boy but these losses big moments is what is keeping him out of the number one spot. He cant seem to jump up from the 3 spot of the list.

No, not even close.

He's one of the best and anyone who thinks otherwise doesn't really know what they're talking about.

Another thing that's funny to me is bringing up playoff records of QB's like they're out there playing head to head w/ other QB's.

This isn't tennis, there's 53 players on a football team.

Then again, its 2014 and people still believe in the clutch myth, so I'm not really expecting the avg sports fan to understand this.

If the broncos won 43-8 it would've been "the great Peyton manning showing why he's the best of all time" and "Peyton manning dominated and showed why he's so great"

But since he lost 43-8 its a team game.

The qb is the highest paid player, the leader of the offense. If he can get the majority of the accolades when his team wins, he damn sure deserves the same level of scrutiny when they lose.

Yea, but it would've been the masses saying that, and the masses don't know **** when it comes to anything.

Football has and always will be the ultimate team game.

QB's don't deserve the all the accolades or scrutiny, but sports media is complete trash and that's just the way it is.

I definitely agree with the last part.

Most the time when two teams play. People will pick the team with better defense and run game to win and most the time that's the case this time of year. The same media "experts" swear by this logic year in and year out. But since it was peyton manning, they were talking about how the Seahawks defense had never played a qb the calliber of Peyton manning and how he would be able to have success against them even though Seattle did a good job holding guys like Brady and Brees in check and making them look ordinary.

Ultimately I feel he's a choker though. All the losses to Florida while at Tennessee. (They proceed to win the title the year after he leaves) the numerous 1 and dones where he dominated for 16 games September to December only to look ordinary and underwhelming come January, many of these home losses against teams they were expected to beat and games where he didn't deliver at times and stages where he regularly delivered in the regular season.

Like I've said he's a top 10 qb of all time but to put him as top 3 is overrating him imo.

The insult to injury part is the fact that Peyton is 65% of the reason the broncos lost

Yes Peyton is very overrated, in terms of being the Greatest NFL quarterback of all time

Only 8 points in this pass friendly NFL while accounting for 4 turnovers, one that was a pick six is pretty bad

Last edited:
If only there were a way that Peyton could play only the regular season and then Eli steps in an plays the playoffs.

Originally posted from Ceballos in the Most undeserving mvps of any sport thread: http://niketalk.com/t/567294/most-undeserving-mvps-of-any-major-sport/150 .. post 168

Their numbers may be the same but that doesn't change the fact that Peyton Manning is the most overhyped, overrated slurped qb of our generation.

great regular season qb but a playoff choke artist. the guy gets a pass the first time around and hell you can make an excuse for him the second time but when it becomes a recurring thing the guy is a proven choke artist. Teams led by him have lost at home in the playoffs when their favored to win 5 times. 4 of those when they had a 1st round bye, 2 of them as the number 1 seed.

his teams have lost to teams they had no business losing to in the playoffs. 2000 wild card game against the dolphins, 2002 wild card game against the jets (shouldn't have been as one sided as it was with such a great qb behind center), 2005 divisional round loss to 6 seeded pittsburgh (peyton was aided by a missed call by the refs on a troy polamalu interception that should've sealed that game early in the 4th quarter), 2007 divisional round, losing to a chargers team that was without phillip rivers and tomlinson for a decent stretch of the 2nd half, 2008 losing to the 8-8 chargers after finishing the season on a 9 game winning streak, 2010, wild card round, losing to the 6 seed jets, peyton couldn't make the plays so they could run the clock down and kick a winning field goal with no time left, mark sanchez of all people proceeds to make a few plays to put his team in field goal range to get the win, 2012 divisional round against baltimore, a team they blew out in baltimore a few weeks back while on an 11 game win streak, throws a crucial pick in overtime and was aided by big plays from his special teams to even be in overtime to begin with.

a team led by him lost to an 8-8 chargers team, got smacked 41-0 by the jets of all teams, and lost to a jay fiedler led team in the playoffs.

mr. manning is a choke job waiting to happen. i'll bump this sometime in january when they again lose to a team they have no business losing to in the playoffs.

Back
Top Bottom