Is rotating Hoop shoes good?

Just wondering. I rarely have 2 pairs of New shoes at the same time, i usually buy a new one when my current new shoes starting to show some wear especially on the soles, and i only buy during sales, so i might buy a new one as backup.

I would start wearing the new shoes, and only during bad weather or when i felt the shoe needs some rest, or drying after i wash them, i start wearing older shoes, and i usually rotate them after 2-3 days.

Problem is i don't have more than 1 pair of the same models, so even though i was used to those old shoes it takes time to get reused to them, mainly due to difference in bottom height, weight & also low vs high cuts, the 1st day of switching from thick soles to thin usually result in quickness but going from thin to thick takes more time to get used to, and going from thin/low to thick/high tops usually require me to change my playstyle from speed play to stable hops & jump shots.

So I'm wondering how folks get used to their shoes by constantly rotating 10 pairs of shoes. I know NBA players change shoes everyday & have maybe 100 models in their rotation.

Because I know different models feels differently. Do shoes really need "rest"? Will the cushion regenerate itself if you let it rest for a while and will they last longer?

I honestly can't remember the last time I wore shoes to play basketball. When I'm outdoor playing ball, I ALWAYS play barefoot. No socks..nothing. It builds the strentgh in your feet. When your in the post, barefoot, soles on that hot cement, it builds up that endurance my G. If someone steps on your feet, live with it. My dad passed this method down to me. He use to play barefoot in the West Indies.

What shoes do you have and what are the pros and cons of each?
i have 2 older Kobe outdoor models, they are by far the quickest shoes i've had, both are low cut, but it has minimal ankle support & cushion. a tradeoff between speed vs protection & cushion.

now i'm rotating between Zoom Soldier 9 & D'Rose 5 Boost. Both are high tops, both has great ankle support, Soldier 9 relies on the strap, D'Rose 5 relies on the ankle plastic cups, both aren't too high on the soles but both are very different. Soldier 9 have equal amount of cushion front & rear, D Rose forefoot is thinner as such you can feel the floor better but more cushion on the heels. Soldier 9 has better traction while D'Rose 5 feels more comfortable to wear. Materials on the D'Rose 5 seems more durable even though it looks more delicate and has more solid upper while Soldier 9 has a softer upper.

D'Rose is more of the run & gun type of shoe, Soldier 9 is more of a power play & spot up more jumping type of shoe. But still those minimalist low tops are the fastest, ankle brace is a must for low tops. Still it takes a day or 2 to get used to them if i haven't worn them for some time.

I also have CP3 8 non-AE, it's not that great. Rubbers are soft but doesn't transfer to good traction. I usually get blocked when i wear that shoe the 1st day in the rotation, just don't feel comfortable going in quick, or jump high. the transparent lower mid sole means it's prone to scratches. i actually bought those transparent sticker protector and sticked on it but they will come off.

So right now i'm just rotating between Soldier 9 & Rose 5. Am thinking of getting another Soldier 9 as a backup since Sodlier 10 doesn't look too promising.

I honestly can't remember the last time I wore shoes to play basketball. When I'm outdoor playing ball, I ALWAYS play barefoot. No socks..nothing. It builds the strentgh in your feet. When your in the post, barefoot, soles on that hot cement, it builds up that endurance my G. If someone steps on your feet, live with it. My dad passed this method down to me. He use to play barefoot in the West Indies.
good on you, but i can't get past the point where the skin starts bubbling after few minutes playing unless it's a rainy day. but it's bad for the knee. getting stepped isn't a big problem since basketball shoes have soft bottoms and no spikes.

but i always tell folks playing barefoot, any injury it's on themselves, and purposely steps on their feet.

Bruh I think you pops ain't have a choice

If youre playing like 4/5 times a week I would rotate them out every 3mos.
Once the midsole and traction wear noticeably thats when it time to move on

lmao trollin'

Have one pair for each day of the week. Your sneakers will last a lot longer

If youre playing like 4/5 times a week I would rotate them out every 3mos.
Once the midsole and traction wear noticeably thats when it time to move on
i can only judge the midsole based on the crease marks. usually i add myself a thin layer of insole to make the shoe fit better & also slightly tiny bit of extra comfort.

those shoes are too expensive to just throw away or keep in storage just because the sole groove has thinned out. i usually apply early patches if i notice areas prone to more wear by applying some glue on it. usually on the outer heel & inner forefoot. i've had shallow areas where you can see the midsole i just apply a patch of glue to patch it up. if it's small & deep i use blutac to fill it up and the glue to harden & seal it up. but you need to do it once every 3-4 wears so i just wear them on wet days.

i average 2 pairs of shoes a year, sometimes 3 or 4 if i can find good deals. the older low tops i'm feeling the rubber sole is a bit hardened but since they are outdoor shoes the grooves are still aplenty.

You will know when the midsole is worn out, when it doesnt feel as stiff as beginning wears.

Traction is important depending on your style of play. You can also find decent pairs from here ebay or wherever fo $80 and less so

unless you rotating same models, how do you get use to playing in different shoes everyday?
If You Play Every Day You Get Used To It. I got too many sneakers so sometimes I just bust something random out for ball. I don't really cut or beast out with jumping because of past injuries so my play style is laid back

i keep two shoes in my hoop bag at all tmes... had to switch the other day because some courts need diff shoes for traction issues..

if its a hoop session. need more cushiion

my 3 shoes im ballin in are CLB15, Rose 6 and Lillard 2s

hooping 2-3 x a week

Last edited:
Y'all are playin yourselfs. Worrying about "the proper ankle support" and whatnot, meanwhile your game is probably wack.

I change pairs each quarter of play so I always look fly.
shoes always looking fresh, no creases, no scuffs, no playing time...
smokin.gif

I use to have separate pairs for indoor and outdoor. When I played 4-6 days perk week I would have 2-3 pairs in rotation though. I remember reading somewhere where it said that it's good to rest shoes for 48 hours after use. Don't know how true it is but I still follow this rule with my dress shoes for work.

if you rotate tires, than i see no reason not to rotate your shoes (which are the tires for your feet, which are like the wheels of your body?)

Back
Top Bottom