Is Social Media Destroying Society? Former Facebook Exec Says 'Yes'

This is sad man.

Was this something that came up often in conversation?

I would have been annoyed if I were you.

But to some folks, "It ain't real if it isn't on SM."
Not often but yes she would bring it up. Felt like that FB skit on Frank Oceans album tbh, I was like is this real life? Keep in mind she didn't even HAVE an IG :lol:

She was insecure and this was just another easy target for her, but not my problem. Didn't have my sisters, mom or any of my boys on there either. I wouldn't budge though, because I knew if I caved it would be something else lol.

Kinda hard to be a celebrity nowadays and not use social media pretty much
Celebrities are just human beings. You can be a human being without being on social media.

It's hard to be a human being and a business brand at the same time however without social media (though I think Jay-Z and Kanye have proven that at a certain level it is possible). Maybe, perhaps, these young men and women should stop worrying about being a brand other companies want to work with.

After deleting my FB almost 10 years ago, I finally deleted my instagram (yes I am aware that FB owns it) It just wasn't fun anymore, My girl (now ex) would always complain about not having a picture of us on there (nvm the fact that I didn't have pictures of ANYONE on mine) and it caused her insecurity because of what her girls/fam would say.

I have been single for several months and I am deleting it for the same reason I deleted FB, it just isn't a good product anymore. The reason I joined (to look at my friends pictures) IG is now no longer even close to being the best tool for that.

Its been a couple weeks and honestly I don't even miss it. Deleted Twitter too. Its great on this side gents!
I feel this. I’ve deleted most my socials as well but I did keep IG for local blogs and event pubs in case I’m looking for restaurants or fun things to do.

besides that I never use the thing

The worse thing that happened to society was giving everyone a platform to broadcast to the entire world.

I don't know if it's the platform itself or if humans just weren't meant to have this much access. It has to be invisible hell for those who are easily manipulated.

Celebrities are just human beings. You can be a human being without being on social media.

It's hard to be a human being and a business brand at the same time however without social media (though I think Jay-Z and Kanye have proven that at a certain level it is possible). Maybe, perhaps, these young men and women should stop worrying about being a brand other companies want to work with.
I feel like a lot of legitimate celebrities devalue themselves by trying to be cool and have a presence on social media competing with wannabes

Will Smith comes to mind

I love social media. I mainly use Facebook(love FB groups) and Snapchat and it always provides solid entertainment.

I just remember how cringe it used to be in HS when everyone was trying to build their own brand/personality and people were referring to each by the social media tags. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom