Is Social Media Destroying Society? Former Facebook Exec Says 'Yes'

94606112-1C70-45DC-8680-2436D23982A0.jpeg

I get why facebook is getting so much heat just don't know i agree, they're essentially being held accountable for people not being able to control themselves

fair, but I'll steer into the analogy...problem is there are barely any traffic laws on this highway and that might have to change.
It's not that there aren't traffic laws; rather, most of the roads and traffic laws all lead to a precipice, and the more people fall off the edge, the more money Facebook makes.

Algorithms written by Facebook coders redirect people towards the kind of content that generates money, and it's not cat videos and memes.

When are people gonna figure out most of the crap on Facebook and Instagram ain't no more real than their favorite TV shows?

Yes, everyone has perfect lives except for you. You're the only F up in the history of the world that can't get their 💩 together. Somehow this resonates with way more people than it should. For every Youtube or Instagram millionaire that made it, there's a million more people who'll never see a penny.

And no, you're not gonna manifest anything into existence for yourselves and have the same life you see online one day. Noticed this whole "manifest" stuff seems to be really popular with a lot of influencers.

Social media has completely obliterated conversation, people only get in exchanges these days to try & "win" or have a "snapback" that will garner the most likes/RT. Like people will literally get upset that you don't want to engage them in a back & forth. As if they're owed an explanation of your thoughts.

If he put that food back on the line to be served to people, throw him in jail.

Something strange is happening before our eyes. E-fame is legit controlling so many individuals. They're trying to please some e-diety. Very troubling. People are dismissing common sense to entertain the masses and get imaginary tokens. I think it's a sign of how low so many people's self esteem is. They have to resort to buffoonery for hollow, virtual approval.

So many people are living as if It doesn't matter if you're inconveniencing/disrespecting the people in your vicinity, as long as the e-diety is happy, all is right with the world :smh:

Omg. Just watched the vid. Dude must have a mental disorder. Why would he think that would prompt meek mill to contact him?!

Now that l think about it, social media is used for the EXACT opposite of what its creators intended. It's the equivalent of expecting high school kids to focus more on their studies by keeping the school open 24/7 with no supervision.

Now that l think about it, social media is used for the EXACT opposite of what its creators intended. It's the equivalent of expecting high school kids to focus more on their studies by keeping the school open 24/7 with no supervision.

Man school is open 8 hrs a day and we can't keep them focused.

The average teenager has the attention span of a fruit fly.

Back
Top Bottom