Is their a Chipotle competitor yet?

After I discovered Cafe Rio's Enchilada Style Burrito, I retired from having a Chipotle burrito that is full with everything else, except meat. I also like to get a return on my investment, and 10 stamped meals on a Cafe Rio Diner card gets you a free meal.

Now I want some Chipotle. Also why does Chipotle not do promotions. Not only is Moes cheaper on a day to day basis they have Moe Monday.... They really need to do something about that.

I've had Qdoba twice, there's not one close enough to me for me to get it often.

Restaurants only do promotions when they're struggling or trying to compete with other restaurants.

In-n -Out is one of the many that dont do coupons.

McDonald's does promotions all the time and they don't need to. They own the fast food game.

Just asking because around NY especially i have seen so many Chipotle's open up and the hype behind it is ridiculous.... I mean at lunch their are literally lines outside of the door.

Sabor De Mexico is a chipotle style Restaurant that has three locations around the financial district in NY and i can honestly say they're much better.

Same "Build your Own" style as chipotle and you can choose bowl or burrito.... But they also make enchiladas, quesidillas, tacos, etc. and all their meals also come with a side of nachos & dip with it. They have more options as far as meats go (Beef, Braised beef, Pork, Chipotle chicken, Spicy chicken, shrimp etc, etc)

Overall they have the same in & out build up of chipotle with less lines BETTER food, and bigger portions all for the same price. Has anyone ever had them before.

View media item 334333

Lol chipotle is disgusting. Glad I can get bomb Mexican food here in the bay. :smokin

Last edited:
Really? Cause El Pollo Loco was def not struggling when they gave away free chicken when KFC tried to pass on their "GRILLED" chicken.

Complain to a manger at chipotle and you'll get free cards for either BOGO or 1 free bowl/burrito/etc.

Chipotle is becoming the next starbucks and I dont think the over saturation is a good thing.

You're right, but I bet money they got nervous. Once they saw KFC flop, they no longer gave out free chicken ever again.

Pollo loco does send out coupons though. And their competitor is KFC, Popeyes, Church etc. So they have to send coupons out.

Im going try this Sabor De Mexico whenever Im don there by FD just because I get more for my buck

We got all kinds of "authentic" Mexican food here in AZ, but nothing beats a steak burrito bowl from chipotle when your starving. Actually a carne asada burrito from Nico's comes pretty close

No Chipotle's right by me but I do enjoy Moes.

They're kinda of expensive though for what is pretty much fast food.

Had Qdoba too, they only had white rice... white rice for mexican food to me just aint right.

i remember there use to be like one chipotle near downtown. now all of a sudden there's like 5 and they are always packed during lunch. :smh: i like it, but i aint waiting in line for 15-20 mins for some chipotle.

Chipolte serves its purpose but the neighborhood joints will always be better. I've got one 'round the way called La Tolteca that blows Chipolte out of the water (plus its Mexican owned)...

I've only been to Freebirds a couple of times (The one on Fig near USC)...

I just can't get down with the shooting sour cream and guacamole out of those guns. Reminds me of Taco Bell :lol:
If you live in LA, there's no reason to be going to any of these places though.

I get that...

but this thread isn't "what's the best Mexican food in your area".

I've only been to Freebirds a couple of times (The one on Fig near USC)...

I just can't get down with the shooting sour cream and guacamole out of those guns. Reminds me of Taco Bell :lol:
If you live in LA, there's no reason to be going to any of these places though.

theres a chipotle like 10 mins from my spot never ate there before for this same reason :lol:

ill try it out one day

Back
Top Bottom