Is This Blackface? vol. Olympic Edition

[thread="652604"] [/thread]

no i say whatever i want and you choose to take shots at me not what im talkin about thats the difference

i dont start my post saying @RustyShackleford
 im talking directly to you when i say something

but you shoot back directly on some im "crazy/delusional/stupid etc"

More bs, the last time you responded right under me and man it clear you were talking to me.

When I fired back, you went straight to the. Saying I'm on drugs

You can't create a new reality whenever you feel like.

Same with this topic.

Last edited:
did i go to that extreme?

did i say everyone?

but as this guy shows, it happens, but its still not true?

so it doesnt prove the point?

why not?

Because your foundation for the original subject was the fact that casual racism exists, and that she took a picture with a face mask on that happens to be black while standing next to a black person. Anything beyond that was built entirely within your head with no further support. Not even a questionable caption or pose. Just a bunch of "well, but this COULD be" nonsense.

On the other hand, this cat came in here and made light of the fact that in legitimate circumstances, black face is absolutely offensive by reducing the act of intentionally imitating it down to "totally ruffling OP's feathers."

He hasn't even posted the picture yet and there are already grounds for members to call it a racist action and to call him a racist. There isn't much being left up in the air about that. There're no 'maybe's that require us to assume the worst of someone's character.

Last edited:
did i go to that extreme?

did i say everyone?

but as this guy shows, it happens, but its still not true?

Uhhhh

This whole thread is based on your idea that a girl took a pic with a face mask on so she MUST be engaging in casual racism

So yes, you did go to that extreme

i did because you were trying to tone police or something

i want you to let someone tell you to calm down like youre a little kid or something and tell me you have no issue with it

Dude, grow up.

Someone telling you to calm down is a part of life. If you had such a personal problem with it, you should have said that, not respond to an off the wall insult.

Like I said before, NT is not your safe space for your opinion, it has never been that place for anyone.

i say that is the space they get to "play" in tho

i say her smile is questionable but youll say "thats nonsense she just smiling its all in your head"

with no caption/evidence who's to say otherwise?

she commits casual racism and gets away scot free because she didnt have a burning cross in the background
a privileged white girl is not the same as saying everyone

and i didnt say she must be, only that this picture COULD be construed as such

like i dont see how someone seeing something in that picture is just outright 100% wrong, but at the same time we'll give her that same benefit of the doubt 100%

ohh so this is not a community where people of different backgrounds and thoughts can share their ideas

this NTRUSTYSHACKLEFORD where if we dont all groupthink, anyone outside of that is subject to any and all vitriol and subjugation

got it

Last edited:
Bruh you starting to reach Nomad levels of perceived persecution. Nobody on NT got beef with you. Nobody on NT tryna subjugate you. Just chill. 

[quote name="Hand2HandKing"]

but you shoot back directly on some im "crazy/delusional/stupid etc"

[/quote]

That's me calling you out on your crazy/delusional/stupid assumptions based on a picture. Plus, your track record for your obvious disdain for white folk doesn't help either.

Oh, and Rusty just got my reps incase you needed to know. You were assuming where my reps would go a little while back :smh: :lol:

Last edited:

Bruh you starting to reach Nomad levels of perceived persecution. Nobody on NT got beef with you. Nobody on NT tryna subjugate you. Just chill. 
go re read this thread and see all the nasty stuff ppl have said to me over my OPINION

maybe its because im too outspoken ppl feel they can say whatever

but yall can throw the kitchen sink and then STILL turn around and have the nerve to tell me im making it up

you say its not subjugation but how many ppl called for my threads to be locked? call for me to be banned?

Last edited:
a privileged white girl is not the same as saying everyone

But you said EVERYONE who posts a picture with a face mask is a racist

You said it

and i didnt say she must be, only that this picture COULD be construed as such

like i dont see how someone seeing something in that picture is just outright 100% wrong, but at the same time we'll give her that same benefit of the doubt 100%

??!??!?!?!

you call it a face mask i call it blackface

nt: where casual racism gets a pass :smh:  

white girl puts on black face and im reaching

go re read this thread and see all the nasty stuff ppl have said to me over my OPINION

maybe its because im too outspoken ppl feel they can say whatever

but yall can throw the kitchen sink and then STILL turn around and have the nerve to tell me im making it up
  Right.  Your stuff is perfectly okay to say 
laugh.gif

No, it's because you're talking nonsense about things YOU are making up in YOUR head and getting mad people aren't as disturbed as YOU.

yes her  specifically in this instance, i believe it is

but i even fell back to say even if shes not, she should be sensitive to how someone could SEE it as such

i never said every white person who ever put on black face mask is doing black face, but that posting pictures of it creates the space to question it

Last edited:
i say that is the space they get to "play" in tho

i say her smile is questionable but youll say "thats nonsense she just smiling its all in your head"

with no caption/evidence who's to say otherwise?

she commits casual racism and gets away scot free because she didnt have a burning cross in the background

The space she gets to play in is ambiguity, my guy? :lol:

That space where no actual solid conclusion can be drawn and therefore all theories end up being pointless?

That's far from something exclusive to white privilege.

If you were to say that her smile is questionable, I would ask why. But I'll be honest enough to admit that I expect to find your answer nonsensical because I feel like you've already shown yourself to be blinded by bias.

Again, if we're dead center on the moral compass and you decide to assume the worst that speaks more to your mindset than it does to anyone else's. Especially when, as said multiple times throughout the thread; women of all colors putting on face masks and taking selfies either alone or with company (and no, it isn't odd for their friends to not also be wearing a mask) is very common.

Back
Top Bottom