Islamic Extremist have the entire world scared.

cz7

It is absolutely ridiculous what Comedy Central did to southpark tonight to acquiescence to Muslim extremist. Every other major religion stands be criticized and ridiculed as they should be since they are all nothing but mere fantasies and retold fabrications of even more false claims. Yet Islam, because they threaten with violence and extremism, cannot be ridiculed. You cannot show their central figure, you can't utter his name, or else you might end up dead.
Did you see this new story where a muslim group said the creators of South Park will "probably" end up like Theo Van Gogh, the dutch filmmaker who was killed by islamic extremist.

link: http://www.cnn.com/2010/SHOWBIZ/TV/04/21/south.park.religion/index.html?hpt=C2

How crazy and absurd is this. Islam in every form is just as untrue as any other religion, its followers are just as misguided and illusional, if not more so, than any other religion. Why are so afraid to say so? This exactly what the jihadist and extremist want.
smh.gif

i didn't see tonight's episode but i'm being told you missed the joke...

Originally Posted by iLLest

What you don't understand is under the Religion of Islam there has NEVER been an image, picture, voice, ANYTHING of Prophet Muhammad. Even in movies such as The Messenger he is represented in the first person camera way. There are no pictures of Muhammad. They HAVE criticized Islam before but never crossed THIS line. There is a huge distinction. If the representation of Jesus was the same as Muhammad and it was reversed it would be the same thing. They crossed a BIG LINE for a small laugh.

i agree. them dudes need to leave certain stuff alone for a lil laugh.

What you don't understand is under the Religion of Islam there has NEVER been an image, picture, voice, ANYTHING of Prophet Muhammad. Even in movies such as The Messenger he is represented in the first person camera way. There are no pictures of Muhammad. They HAVE criticized Islam before but never crossed THIS line. There is a huge distinction. If the representation of Jesus was the same as Muhammad and it was reversed it would be the same thing. They crossed a BIG LINE for a small laugh.

So this justifies threatening lives and making good on those threats? I think not and I hope you agree with me. 
You can be offended by the image and ridicule but to kill another person because of it just reeks of trying to cover up something. Perhaps there are no images of the Prophet because no such figure ever legitimately existed.

A big laugh. Dont nobody give a *%## about them getting mad about this. Cry me a river, build a bridge and get over it

its followers are just as misguided and illusional

No see this guy is illusional

pic1.jpg

this guy is delusional

StraightJacket.jpg

Both of which are a bit more respected then someone who can insult every single religion in one post like you just did.

I agree but you don't have to be spewing this religion doesn't exist nonsense in your post, yes it's wrong but you don't have to go flaunting your logical thinking of the non existence of religion in your thread, most religious people are very humble and do not go pressing their opinions on others so I think many people here would appreciate if you did not speak down upon what they believe in like that. (shrug)

Originally Posted by Cz7

So this justifies threatening lives and making good on those threats? I think not and I hope you agree with me. 
You can be offended by the image and ridicule but to kill another person because of it just reeks of trying to cover up something. Perhaps there are no images of the Prophet because no such figure ever legitimately existed.
It's just like in 2012 they never showed any damage to Mecca. Certain lines should not be crossed it's that simple. There are plenty of things you can make a joke about besides this. If you want to put your life at risk for some lulz go ahead. I know these extremist are wrong and do not agree with what they do AT ALL.

I agree but you don't have to be spewing this religion doesn't exist nonsense in your post, yes it's wrong but you don't have to go flaunting your logical thinking of the non existence of religion in your thread, most religious people are very humble and do not go pressing their opinions on others so I think many people here would appreciate if you did not speak down upon what they believe in like that. (shrug)

Originally Posted by Manglor

its followers are just as misguided and illusional

No see this guy is illusional

pic1.jpg

this guy is delusional

StraightJacket.jpg

Both of which are a bit more respected then someone who can insult every single religion in one post like you just did.

Main Entry: il·lu·sion 

Date: 14th century

1 a  obsolete  the action of deceiving (1)  the state or fact of being intellectually deceived or misled  misapprehension (2)  an instance of such deception
2 a  (1)  a misleading image presented to the vision (2)  something that deceives or misleads intellectually b  (1)  perception of something objectively existing in such a way as to cause misinterpretation of its actual nature (2)  hallucination 1 (3)  a pattern capable of reversible perspective
3  a fine plain transparent bobbinet or tulle usually made of silk and used for veils, trimmings, and dresses

synonyms see delusion

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/illusional

Son flat out just called like 90% of the planet "delusional and illusional" for believing in a higher power
laugh.gif

South Park and Comedy Central has shown the Prophet Muhammad on screen in the "Super Best Friends" episode about David Blaine. It aired July 4, 2001, and no one made a fuss. 9/11 comes, and everything changes.

Originally Posted by TheHype

Son flat out just called like 90% of the planet "delusional and illusional" for believing in a higher power
laugh.gif

yes that is precisely what "son" did.

Originally Posted by Cz7

You can't be serious. Just because you don't believe in religion, doesn't mean you have to criticize and ridicule every major religion in the world with your post. Certain things are a matter of respect for other people's beliefs. And yes, they did show the Prophet Muhammed (PBUH) in the Super Best Friends episode but there was controversy then as well. Personally, I stopped watching South Park seven or eight years ago and I didn't even know people still watched that show. I think the creators go too far sometimes just to get a laugh. I'm not even just talking about religion, I'm talking about all topics. That show just tries too hard. That's just my opinion though.

1. I'm not "against" violence.
2. I believe once you incite someone's anger, you are at their mercy.
3. The Muslims calling for a death penalty are too sensitive.
4. The creators of South Park are too irresponsible.
5. Refer to number 2.
6. Refer to number 1.

If them clowns get murked for talking reckless, meh...
If those other clowns feel like murkin cuz they can't take a joke, meh...

2 sets of lames...

Originally Posted by MoMoney848

Originally Posted by Cz7

You can't be serious. Just because you don't believe in religion, doesn't mean you have to criticize and ridicule every major religion in the world with your post. Certain things are a matter of respect for other people's beliefs. And yes, they did show the Prophet Muhammed (PBUH) in the Super Best Friends episode but there was controversy then as well. Personally, I stopped watching South Park seven or eight years ago and I didn't even know people still watched that show. I think the creators go too far sometimes just to get a laugh. I'm not even just talking about religion, I'm talking about all topics. That show just tries too hard. That's just my opinion though.
I respect people's beliefs. You can be whatever you want. That doesn't mean I cannot have an opinion and express that opinion on the validity of your beliefs. Insomuch as Muslims can say christians are wrong and vice versa, I can say they're all wrong. None of this gives anybody the right to kill another person or make threats to do so, and no of this makes any specific issue free from criticism.

What you don't understand is under the Religion of Islam there has NEVER been an image, picture, voice, ANYTHING of Prophet Muhammad.

WRONG WRONG WRONG. There are SOME images of him:

Maome.jpg

The Islamic prophet Muhammad solves a dispute over lifting the black stone into position at al-Kaaba.
Mohammed_kaaba_1315.jpg

Young Muhammad meets the monk Bahira
Muammad-as-youth-meeting-monk-bahira-compendium-persia-1315-edin-550.jpg

Back
Top Bottom