Islamic Extremist have the entire world scared.

If you're going to start a topic and want to have a mature discussion, atleast be respectful. Anyways, it shouldn't be a suprise to anyone. That Danish cartoonist who drew a picture of the Prophet Muhammed(PBUH) with a bomb attached to his head, is in a protection program because hes been targeted atleast 3 or 4 times for murder.

I'm pretty sure SouthPark knew that it would cause and uproar amongst some people and must now deal with the consequences whether it's justifed to us or not.

Originally Posted by Cz7

Originally Posted by MoMoney848

Originally Posted by Cz7

Originally Posted by iLLest

What you don't understand is under the Religion of Islam there has NEVER been an image, picture, voice, ANYTHING of Prophet Muhammad. Even in movies such as The Messenger he is represented in the first person camera way. There are no pictures of Muhammad. They HAVE criticized Islam before but never crossed THIS line. There is a huge distinction. If the representation of Jesus was the same as Muhammad and it was reversed it would be the same thing. They crossed a BIG LINE for a small laugh.

So this justifies threatening lives and making good on those threats? I think not and I hope you agree with me. 
You can be offended by the image and ridicule but to kill another person because of it just reeks of trying to cover up something. Perhaps there are no images of the Prophet because no such figure ever legitimately existed.

You can't be serious. Just because you don't believe in religion, doesn't mean you have to criticize and ridicule every major religion in the world with your post. Certain things are a matter of respect for other people's beliefs. And yes, they did show the Prophet Muhammed (PBUH) in the Super Best Friends episode but there was controversy then as well. Personally, I stopped watching South Park seven or eight years ago and I didn't even know people still watched that show. I think the creators go too far sometimes just to get a laugh. I'm not even just talking about religion, I'm talking about all topics. That show just tries too hard. That's just my opinion though.
I respect people's beliefs. You can be whatever you want. That doesn't mean I cannot have an opinion and express that opinion on the validity of your beliefs. Insomuch as Muslims can say christians are wrong and vice versa, I can say they're all wrong. None of this gives anybody the right to kill another person or make threats to do so, and no of this makes any specific issue free from criticism.
I'm not saying that killing people is justified. I'm saying that different people handle things different ways and that you shouldn't cross the line to begin with. Personally, I wouldn't kill anyone over something like that. I would just boycott the product.
For the record, Muslims don't think Christians are flat out wrong. The two religions digress on certain issues and occurrences. They have more in common than they have conflicting. 

Put everything into context and any rational person would know taking South Park seriously would be stupid. The South Park staff anticipated this reaction. I am not cool with degrading anyone's beliefs but come on...this is a cartoon. You look foolish getting worked up over this.

Originally Posted by SaintVitus07

Put everything into context and any rational person would know taking South Park seriously would be stupid. The South Park staff anticipated this reaction. I am not cool with degrading anyone's beliefs but come on...this is a cartoon. You look foolish getting worked up over this.
Well how foolish then do the Muslims threatening the lives of Matt and Trey( the creators of south park) look? Southpark tackles serious issues using satire and comedy, I would think the creators want us to laugh but also take the issues they are presenting seriously. They're not just sitting back writing jokes, they're trying to convey a message like a novelist, or musician does through a different medium, in this case it's comedy. South park is certainly not just a cartoon.

Originally Posted by Cz7

Southpark tackles serious issues using satire and comedy.
To a small degree you are correct but that is a VERY small degree. Serious issues?
laugh.gif
It's still a cartoon, and the guys you refer to by first name understand that better than you.

The episode was about censorship, free speech, and criticism. NOTHING is above criticism, not even Islam. Free speech is a fundamental right and shouldn't be threatened by violence.

Hold up, the fact that you don't believe in religion and calling it "wrong" is nothing like Muslims calling Christianity wrong. Like my brother up there posted, Muslims don't believe Christianity is wrong, we just disagree on certain facets of each other's religions. And any person who generalizes a mass group by saying that they are "untrue" and that "its followers are just as misguided and illusional, if not more so, than any other religion" deserves no respect. After all, respect is only handed to you when you respect others, which is apparently challenging for you.

and these dudes wonder why no one in the world likes them ?

they made fun of EVERY ONE not just them .

Yeah it's disrespectful how they depicted Muhammad, but they also showed depicted God in disrespectful way (an animal Hybrid).
But when the latter happened, no one flipped out and tried to kill someone.
Like I'm not trying to start anything, but why do Islams always go so extreme?
I am sorry but it really makes me mad. They once killed a person for just TRANSLATING a book because a head Islamic person called a fatwa on the book.
And that one cartoon drawer almost had the same done to him, and I just went on Wikipedia and searched up Theo Van Gogh.
The way the guy murdered him is disgusting and absolutely ruthless, I can't see why any religion would condone that because the way he was killed was straight devil's work.
How is shooting a person 8 times and then almost decapitating him honorable?
The most important thing in the world is a human being. So how can anyone take away a life?
I understand what they did wasn't right either, but most religions focus on being the bigger person and promote peace.

Is this all just how the media portrays them? (since we are at war with most of the Middle East, so they may want to put them in a negative light)
Because the media is racist and very biased, they show what ever they want to show.
Or is this just like Christianity? Where there are just a few extremists within the religion.

Originally Posted by Je Ne Sais Quoi

The episode was about censorship, free speech, and criticism. NOTHING is above criticism, not even Islam. Free speech is a fundamental right and shouldn't be threatened by violence.

Free speech isn't a fundamental right, it's an American right; one of the many overly presumptuous and arrogant ones we enjoy at our own risk.. Understand that. If we didn't have the might to defend it, it wouldn't be tolerated. And just because it is tolerated, doesn't mean it's inherently "right", despite the play on words in calling it that. Now I'm not picking sides, I'm just saying where I'm from you can get your head split for what yo say....and yeah they might catch theguy that did it, but that ain't gon do +!$! for your wig now is it? That's just how the world is when you break it all down. Society as we know it is as stable as the most volatile nation is aggressive and its boundaries are set by the nation most dominant. Facts..

Originally Posted by BOTTOM74BOTTOM

Free speech isn't a fundamental right, it's an American right; one of the many overly presumptuous and arrogant ones we enjoy at our own risk.. Understand that. If we didn't have the might to defend it, it wouldn't be tolerated. And just because it is tolerated, doesn't mean it's inherently "right", despite the play on words in calling it that. Now I'm not picking sides, I'm just saying where I'm from you can get your head split for what yo say....and yeah they might catch theguy that did it, but that ain't gon do +!$! for your wig now is it? That's just how the world is when you break it all down. Society as we know it is as stable as the most volatile nation is aggressive and its boundaries are set by the nation most dominant. Facts..
I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.

Originally Posted by iLLest

What you don't understand is under the Religion of Islam there has NEVER been an image, picture, voice, ANYTHING of Prophet Muhammad. Even in movies such as The Messenger he is represented in the first person camera way. There are no pictures of Muhammad. They HAVE criticized Islam before but never crossed THIS line. There is a huge distinction. If the representation of Jesus was the same as Muhammad and it was reversed it would be the same thing. They crossed a BIG LINE for a small laugh.
You also need to realize that not everyone believes in your religion or religion in general. To some making fun of Jesus or Muhammad is the same as making fun of Superman or Power Rangers. They are made up fictional characters. I don't think everyone sees that. To some "Jesus" is all mighty and knowing, to others its just some dude who is free game to get ragged on just like anyone else.

Yeah I completely agree with you.
Some Americans are so ignorant and arrogant and think they can say what ever they want, and do what ever they want.
People have to be aware of their actions.
Like it's funny at times, but there is also a limit to how far you can go.
But murdering someone, or threatening murder also isn't cool

Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc

I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
You sure? Look again.

You sure? Look again.
i am sorry i am not the author of this quote
I thought you knew that already.. well most people do

You sure? Look again.
i am sorry i am not the author of this quote
I thought you knew that already.. well most people do
Schmell schmost schmeeple schmooo... I googled it just like you did. I assumed you were applying the quote, not arbitrarily spewing it pseudo intellectually.. 

For all those people crying about my post being "disrespectful". All I'm saying is that your religion does not make true claims, its no more disrespectful that saying your political beliefs are bogus.

You sure? Look again.
only mooks take semantics so seriously
laugh.gif

you know what the #%%+ he meant

Back
Top Bottom