Israel declares War - Destruction of Gaza / Growing conflict in Middle East

Here's the retort to Perach's article by Blumenthal:

He doesn't really debunk all the specific demonstrable examples of him editing quotes, cutting off quotes mid-way and lying by omission. In fact he only addresses a single example and of course he disingenuously distorts it.
All I see here is more manipulation tactics, which are effective because the person who wrote that Haaretz article is likewise terrible and guilty of abandoning journalistic standards.

I think Blumenthal's critiques on the author are generally accurate. As I mentioned, the author's piece came off as heavily biased towards Israel.
The bias dripping all over her article makes it pretty clear the author is a terrible person.
However he spends just a single moment even addressing one single example of quote editing, and fails to address any of the others.

Again, the guy's a good manipulator. It of course helps when the person making the critique is an even worse person.

There's a handful of tactics he uses in that statement, mainly sprouting from poisoning the well. Which is something I have spoken out about in previous posts here btw.
I believe the words Blumenthal and any semblance of journalistic integrity and standards are about as far apart as can be but that doesn't necessarily mean anything he says/reports should be invalidated.

Poisoning the well:
Discredit the author and therefore ingrain in the reader that they should invalidate anything the author said, regardless of any valid points. Ironically this is a tactic often employed against Blumenthal himself by zionists. He has a very long history of journalistic malpractice, so the zionists frequently attack him by pointing to his track record and attempting to manipulate their followers into invalidating any and all reporting from Blumenthal.
For the record I've repeatedly stated in my last few posts and in older ones that I am firmly against throwing out the baby with the bathwater; instead I believe in handling each media report on a case by case basis, unless the level of journalistic malpractice is just beyond the pale and you're dealing with a total conspiratorial nutcase, the Alex Jones types.

Also, Blumenthal editing quotes is child's play compared to his track record relating to Syria/Assad. Based on his track record specifically relating to Assad, I can only conclude he is a manipulative grifter who couldn't care less about kids getting bombed to pieces as long as it makes him money. At least this time he's actually on the side against genocide, not on the side cheerleading for Assad's wrongdoing and doing his best trying to defend and deflect any criticism of Assad after accepting a dinner sponsored by the Kremlin and Putin himself.

That's the most charitable assessment I can give him. Zero ethical standards, zero journalistic standards, horrible example for aspiring reporters but at least he's (pretending to be) on the side of Palestine. So he's at least doing some positive things.

Last edited:
He doesn't really debunk all the specific demonstrable examples of him editing quotes, cutting off quotes mid-way and lying by omission. In fact he only addresses a single example and of course he disingenuously distorts it.
All I see here is more manipulation tactics, which are effective because the person who wrote that Haaretz article is likewise terrible and guilty of abandoning journalistic standards.

I think Blumenthal's critiques on the author are generally accurate. As I mentioned, the author's piece came off as heavily biased towards Israel.
The bias dripping all over her article makes it pretty clear the author is a terrible person.
However he spends just a single moment even addressing one single example of quote editing, and fails to address any of the others.

Again, the guy's a good manipulator. It of course helps when the person making the critique is an even worse person.

There's a handful of tactics he uses in that statement, mainly sprouting from poisoning the well. Which is something I have spoken out about in previous posts here btw.
I believe the words Blumenthal and any semblance of journalistic integrity and standards are about as far apart as can be but that doesn't necessarily mean anything he says/reports should be invalidated.

Poisoning the well:
Discredit the author and therefore ingrain in the reader that they should invalidate anything the author said, regardless of any valid points. Ironically this is a tactic often employed against Blumenthal himself by zionists. He has a very long history of journalistic malpractice, so the zionists frequently attack him by pointing to his track record and attempting to manipulate their followers into invalidating any and all reporting from Blumenthal.
For the record I've repeatedly stated in my last few posts and in older ones that I am firmly against throwing out the baby with the bathwater; instead I believe in handling each media report on a case by case basis, unless the level of journalistic malpractice is just beyond the pale and you're dealing with a total conspiratorial nutcase, the Alex Jones types.

Also, Blumenthal editing quotes is child's play compared to his track record relating to Syria/Assad. Based on his track record specifically relating to Assad, I can only conclude he is a manipulative grifter who couldn't care less about kids getting bombed to pieces as long as it makes him money. At least this time he's actually on the side against genocide, not on the side cheerleading for Assad's wrongdoing and doing his best trying to defend and deflect any criticism of Assad after accepting a dinner sponsored by the Kremlin and Putin himself.

That's the most charitable assessment I can give him. Zero ethical standards, zero journalistic standards, horrible example for aspiring reporters but at least he's (pretending to be) on the side of Palestine. So he's at least doing some positive things.

I read Perach's assessment, and I find her interpretations flimsy and in taking his interpretations out of context. She took some parts of his assessment out as well. As for the allegations on misquotes, I think he meant to only take parts that implicate IDF, because he doesn't believe other portions or assessments about Hamas. For example, some Israeli narratives were them burning down the kibbutz, because in his analysis, why would Hamas burn themselves too when mission was to take captives back into Gaza, as well as pictures of burned bodies looks like it is from tank shells and fire, and the kibbutz houses were reduced to rubble, something Hamas had no such manpower to do.

Blumenthal is well aware that Hamas committed war crimes as well. I had seen an interview with him back in November where he CLEARLY stated that it is very clear that some non-combatants were shot by Hamas gunmen, but it stops there for him.

Also, when it comes to Putin, Assad and the like, seems like his lens is always more anti-US/Western alliance. The West had a big hand in propping up that war, and the U.S./West/Gulf countries did back-up the Syrian rebels. But yes, he surely does have a bias.

Putin and Assad are also psychos and warmongers. I think for Blumenthal, he doesn't see them as starting the wars, although that's always debated.

20240710_130700.png

🎯

Me neither 🤷🏾‍♂️

Apparently cringy social media posts during a genocide is just being 'goofy' though, they're just kids :rolleyes

It is pretty manipulative however that every Israeli is forced into mandatory IDF service for at least 2 years. It's not like Israel needs all that manpower, it's just an indoctrination machine.
South-Korea has a mandatory draft too but you don't have to do it right away after highschool. Also it's not like they're actively flattening North-Korea or being prepared to do so.

Last edited:
It is pretty manipulative however that every Israeli is forced into mandatory IDF service for at least 2 years.
It's pretty disgusting how a lot of dual citizenship/ jewish people around the world genuinely LOVE to go and get drafted.
What's even more disgusting is how they're allowed to go, kill a bunch of literal kids and come back to their "country" like they were just off sightseeing, without any consequences (unlike fighters in Syria, or wherever in the Middle East, for instance).
It's been even more repugnant to see them go and post their vile (or goofy, as THEY say) social media posts (in wich they can be seen signing bombs, training or actual murdering unarmed and defenseless civilians) ever since October 7th.
I'd say it would be cool if we could actually identify and mark them (just to know who the monsters living among us are) but I'd be labelled an antisemite.

It's pretty disgusting how a lot of dual citizenship/ jewish people around the world genuinely LOVE to go and get drafted.
What's even more disgusting is how they're allowed to go, kill a bunch of literal kids and come back to their "country" like they were just off sightseeing, without any consequences (unlike fighters in Syria, or wherever in the Middle East, for instance).
It's been even more repugnant to see them go and post their vile (or goofy, as THEY say) social media posts (in wich they can be seen signing bombs, training or actual murdering unarmed and defenseless civilians) ever since October 7th.
I'd say it would be cool if we could actually identify and mark them (just to know who the monsters living among us are) but I'd be labelled an antisemite.
It's also horrible for Israeli's who support Palestine, who are then forced into mandatory IDF service.
For obvious reasons, IDF service is heavily stigmatized, and that's bound to carry over to well-meaning people who had to choose between the draft or possibly jail and ostracization from society.

Just a horrible manipulative system all around.

He wouldn’t let go.

Nael Al-Baghdadi held his 12-year-old son, Omar, and held him tight. But it was already too late. Omar, who was playing outside near his home, had been killed Tuesday in the Gaza Strip by an Israeli airstrike.

In the photo made by Associated Press photographer Abdel Kareem Hana after the strike, al-Baghdadi’s eyes are shut. He holds his son, whose small body rests limply in his arms. His right hand and right shirt sleeve are streaked with blood. Grief is etched upon the father’s face, but more than that there is an expression of deep love for the child he has just lost. So much love that he insisted on holding Omar, uninterrupted, until the child could be shepherded hours later to his grave.

Yo Israel and Netanyahu are beyond diabolical.

The fact Netanyahu came out with a speech proclaiming they killed the Hamas commander, which Hamas vehemently denies.

Like Deif would be up chilling in the safe zone instead of underground in the tunnels? So Deif is out there commanding and making shots from an open safe zone refugee camp???

The IDF yesterday got a big blow and got hit bad by Hamas in Rafah and then they retaliate with blasting civilians en masse. Also, even if Deif is posted up there, you blow up civilians and their civil defense crews?

They also just want more info on Deif and where he is.

But something is brewing with Netanyahu's visit to congress next week, wanting to make it look like some total victory with a big bang killing civilians and probably gearing up to move to full blown with Hezbollah for next month.

Yo Israel and Netanyahu are beyond diabolical.

The fact Netanyahu came out with a speech proclaiming they killed the Hamas commander, which Hamas vehemently denies.

Like Deif would be up chilling in the safe zone instead of underground in the tunnels? So Deif is out there commanding and making shots from an open safe zone refugee camp???

The IDF yesterday got a big blow and got hit bad by Hamas in Rafah and then they retaliate with blasting civilians en masse. Also, even if Deif is posted up there, you blow up civilians and their civil defense crews?

They also just want more info on Deif and where he is.

But something is brewing with Netanyahu's visit to congress next week, wanting to make it look like some total victory with a big bang killing civilians and probably gearing up to move to full blown with Hezbollah for next month.
Israel attacking civilians in loud fashion is usually indicative they had a major loss of soldier (terrorists) life and this is usually how they retaliate.

The democrats have to do as Isreal says or else look what the media has been doing to Biden recently.

You guys never noticed since Biden slowed support for Israel the media went full against Biden all the liberal stations has been on a hit job against any little thing he does.

Either way Palestiniane is done man, it sucks so much but Trump is going to straight up wipe it off the map and all it's inhabitants that are left.

The democrats have to do as Isreal says or else look what the media has been doing to Biden recently.

You guys never noticed since Biden slowed support for Israel the media went full against Biden all the liberal stations has been on a hit job against any little thing he does.

Either way Palestiniane is done man, it sucks so much but Trump is going to straight up wipe it off the map and all it's inhabitants that are left.

He’s literally not slowed down ANY support for Israel except for 1 shipment of bombs as a symbolic gesture.

Trump will do LOUDLY what Biden already does and has been doing QUIETLY. Same ****, different toilet.

Also, Palestine will never die. Israel is losing the war.

He’s literally not slowed down ANY support for Israel except for 1 shipment of bombs as a symbolic gesture.

Trump will do LOUDLY what Biden already does and has been doing QUIETLY. Same ****, different toilet.

Also, Palestine will never die. Israel is losing the war.

Isreal is losing the war?

Bro, you guys are either ignoring what has been going on or I don't know what to say.

Israel is pretty much on the cusp of taking over all of the land, Palestine isn't recognized as a state by many countries, Israel has tanks and bombs against Palestine that doesn't have that.

I hope for Palestine and all people all over the world that is going through hard times and hope there will be bright skies ahead for them and so many other people under apartheid, modern slavery, etc.

Isreal is losing the war?

Bro, you guys are either ignoring what has been going on or I don't know what to say.

Israel is pretty much on the cusp of taking over all of the land, Palestine isn't recognized as a state by many countries, Israel has tanks and bombs against Palestine that doesn't have that.

I hope for Palestine and all people all over the world that is going through hard times and hope there will be bright skies ahead for them and so many other people under apartheid, modern slavery, etc.
Sorry. I misspoke

Israel is not losing the war

ISRAEL HAS LOST THE WAR, already.

Back
Top Bottom