Israel declares War - Destruction of Gaza / Growing conflict in Middle East

So, someone was making an analogy on if the Mexican cartel came to attack a city in Texas, and then took back hostages, what would the U.S. response be? To go level the Mexican towns where the cartels are located/stationed with all their families and children? Or, it would be more targeted?
This analogy is wild.

I am way too biased and you know my answer.

So, I think Netanyahu has more to lose even if they takeover Gaza because of it being considered one of their biggest intelligence failures and it is not looking good what Israel has been doing at all, and there is definitely a narrative shift more in favour and in sympathy with Palestinian cause.

So, someone was making an analogy on if the Mexican cartel came to attack a city in Texas, and then took back hostages, what would the U.S. response be? To go level the Mexican towns where the cartels are located/stationed with all their families and children? Or, it would be more targeted?

Also, another question should be, if you were a Palestinian resistance fighter that's against a behemoth of a superpower militarily backed with the most powerful Western governments, meanwhile, you've been occupied, ethnically cleansed encroached, starved, caged, and your occupier continues to take over with the end goal of completely annexing occupied Palestinian territories, what would your response be?

This conflict did not start at the Hamas attacks, so in my opinion your question lacks the context why Hamas attacked in the first place as they are on the other end on the defense as the occupied.

Maybe I'm misreading this. But didn't see an answer to the question?

Bring whatever context you want to it. But if you were the Israeli political leader accountable to the interest of the Israeli electorate.

But you also wanted peace.

What would you do? How would you respond to these attacks?

Also, another question should be, if you were a Palestinian resistance fighter that's against a behemoth of a superpower militarily backed with the most powerful Western governments, meanwhile, you've been occupied, ethnically cleansed encroached, starved, caged, and your occupier continues to take over with the end goal of completely annexing occupied Palestinian territories, what would your response be?

also I didn't ask that for the reason you describe.

Israel has way more power, and thus way more agency / responsibility
and way more destructive force if they choose to escalate.

This was news 3 days ago out of the IDF. Word was Hamas is operating in tunnels under the hospitals.

It’s a win win for Hamas if true. Martyr for them and humanitarian crisis with the world turning against Israel in one shot.

Still wildly unacceptable. There’s gotta be a better way.

Maybe I'm misreading this. But didn't see an answer to the question?

Bring whatever context you want to it. But if you were the Israeli political leader accountable to the interest of the Israeli electorate.

But you also wanted peace.

What would you do? How would you respond to these attacks?

I just see it from a bigger context and Israel as the initial aggressors, stronger, mightier, violent oppressors. So, I don't have capacity to think from Netanyahu's standpoint.

These warwongers/terrorists/men (included from both sides) just are a different breed than us. Also, I believe no institution such as the police or military industry complex are moral or reasoned as they are inherently violent and the goal is to uphold state-sanctioned violence over its oppressed.

What he is doing is just mass genocide and holy indiscriminate; because let's face it, he's a psychopathic megalomaniac warmonger. He sees all Palestinians as subhuman and future Hamas fighters. They're a pest, a problem, standing in the way of the ambitions of Greater Israel including annexation of Gaza.

Also, none of the past Israel-Hamas wars succeeded in dealing a mortal blow to Hamas and looks like it only strengthened them. In addition, how can he see that doing this to Gaza will provide security to Israel in the long-term?

Are there other ways he can neutralize Hamas without blowing up all it's people and committing this genocide? That's something only he can know. I don't think he cares about that though.

This was news 3 days ago out of the IDF. Word was Hamas is operating in tunnels under the hospitals.

It’s a win win for Hamas if true. Martyr for them and humanitarian crisis with the world turning against Israel in one shot.

Still wildly unacceptable. There’s gotta be a better way.

This rhetoric is used every time for every war and it's never found to be true as verified by credible human rights groups when it came to hospitals.

Let's say it's true, so that justifies bombing hospitals?

Like even if there were 6 tunnels under there, you can't bomb it as decreed under international law.

Holy ****... this hospital bombing is..i have no words....triggers warning to ya'll if you come across them.

The pictures.. the videos... coming out now live....I cannot unsee. Like we're seeing this live of hundreds of blown up bodies and burning right as we speak.

To think I can even feel this way when these civilians have been slaughtered for 10 days with the ongoing genocide and the world just looks away.

Let's say it's true, so that justifies bombing hospitals?

Like even if there were 6 tunnels under there, you can't bomb it as decreed under international law.

Doesnt justify. Thats why I said theres gotta be a better way. Violence hasnt been the answer in nearly 100 years.

We can forget about international law at this point. Neither side cares about the laws of war based on their actions.

Targeting hospitals is beyond foul. On top of those rumors of what they're doing to their other resources like food, water, electricity, etc. Not good.

I have a question for everyone.

If you were the Prime Minister of Israel
and you both wanted peace but to also win re-election
After a mistake like that, no PM should even present themselves for reelection.
what would you do? Like what would be your political / military response to Hamas attack?

Bibi is following the same path anyone who wasn't afraid of US sanctions, the ICC, or ethnic-based civil war would.

If he were driven by his conscience and a moral code that saw Palestinians as humans worthy of dignity and respect, he would do what de Klerk did: seek out a partnership in the PA to advance the two state solution and the dismantlement the policy of slow annexation and apartheid. With the purpose of Hamas' existence gone, they would become irrelevant to Palestinians.

Doesnt justify. Thats why I said theres gotta be a better way. Violence hasnt been the answer in nearly 100 years.

We can forget about international law at this point. Neither side cares about the laws of war based on their actions.

Thanks for clarifying.

Like I wonder what the Western powers would have said if Russia bombed a Ukrainian hospital because they have said they believe there are underground tunnels for the Ukrainian resistance beneath it. They would call it terrorism, war crimes, and be appalled.

This goes for both sides or any sides targeting the military or forces near or over civilian infrastructures.

After a mistake like that, no PM should even present themselves for reelection.

Bibi is following the same path anyone who wasn't afraid of US sanctions, the ICC, or ethnic-based civil war would.

If he were driven by his conscience and a moral code that saw Palestinians as humans worthy of dignity and respect, he would do what de Klerk did: seek out a partnership in the PA to advance the two state solution and the dismantlement the policy of slow annexation and apartheid. With the purpose of Hamas' existence gone, they would become irrelevant to Palestinians.

to be clear im asking what you do. not what would Bibi do.

it's a thought experiment. imagine you are via magic wand made president of israel, and you want peace but you are also accountable to israeli electorate
what do you do?

I just see it from a bigger context and Israel as the initial aggressors, stronger, mightier, violent oppressors. So, I don't have capacity to think from Netanyahu's standpoint.

These warwongers/terrorists/men (included from both sides) just are a different breed than us. Also, I believe no institution such as the police or military industry complex are moral or reasoned as they are inherently violent and the goal is to uphold state-sanctioned violence over its oppressed.

What he is doing is just mass genocide and holy indiscriminate; because let's face it, he's a psychopathic megalomaniac warmonger. He sees all Palestinians as subhuman and future Hamas fighters. They're a pest, a problem, standing in the way of the ambitions of Greater Israel including annexation of Gaza.

Also, none of the past Israel-Hamas wars succeeded in dealing a mortal blow to Hamas and looks like it only strengthened them. In addition, how can he see that doing this to Gaza will provide security to Israel in the long-term?

Are there other ways he can neutralize Hamas without blowing up all it's people and committing this genocide? That's something only he can know. I don't think he cares about that though.

Your inability to engage with the hypothetical is very telling.

Back
Top Bottom