Israel declares War - Destruction of Gaza / Growing conflict in Middle East

The Palestinians have lost their Arab allies amid Arab regimes’ increasing authoritarianism and continued economic and political dependence on the US/West, the main supporters of Israel which is their settler-colonial project.

Right, but this is a Arab/Muslim country problem as well.

The US does mess up when they do get too involved (ex: Iraq/Afghanistan). But we cant point fingers at the U.S. for every single internal or historical issue amongst Arab/Muslim countries.

You know how refugees are treated in other countries and seen as planted "other" or "aliens". It is not like the West/U.S. treats refugees with high esteem unless their physical or intellectual labour can be exploited.

I view it as quite the opposite. It's not the US exploiting the refugees, it's the refugees actually doing anything they can to give a better life to their children/families. If you are physically and intellectually able to work, why won't you? There are more opportunities here than a lot of places for refugees.

We can't keep pointing fingers at the U.S for every problem.

For all its flaws, especially politically today, it does a solid job of still providing opportunities to these families.

Last edited:

Screenshot_20231017-004812.png

Screenshot_20231017-004903.png

You evaded the question though, Palestinians really are Jordanians, why hasn't Jordan stepped up?
They're not. They're separated by the River Jordan.

The estimated number of Palestinians at the end of 2021 was about 14 million: 5.3 million in the State of Palestine (3.2 million in the West Bank and 2.1 million in the Gaza Strip), 1.7 million in the 1948 territories, and nearly 7 million in the diaspora (6.3 million live in Arab countries and 750,000 in foreign countries). The following is a description of Palestinian demographics in the State of Palestine.

They're not. They're separated by the River Jordan.

uh huh

Palestine_and_Transjordan_in_Maunsell's_map,_Pre-World_War_I_British_Ethnographical_Map_of_eas...png

One of the benefits of social media today vs. how info was relayed via news outlets in the 90s. I remember when CNN would prettymuch paint Palestinians as terrorist.

Now, anyone can do their research easily and find out the history of the conflict and recognize what the news outlets want to spread. In addition, everyone has a voice in social media.

I'm glad Gigi is using her voice and influence with the newer generation.

The title of the map says Palestine AND Transjordan.

The Mandate for Palestine was a League of Nations mandate for British administration of the territories of Palestine and Transjordan, both of which had been conceded by the Ottoman Empire following the end of World War I in 1918.

If you look up the map of Transjordan, you'll see that the River has always been the boundary between the two territories.

1697537410489.gif

You evaded the question though, Palestinians really are Jordanians, why hasn't Jordan stepped up?

Are we serious right now. Jordan already is the absorber of the largest number of Palestinian refugees. It is home to about 1.9 million Palestinian refugees, more than 337,000 of whom live in the country’s 10 official refugee camps.

I have explained over and over that the neighboring countries do not want to take on the Palestinian refugee problem as it becomes a humanitarian crisis of grave proportions and they will not be allowed back in Israel.

Also, to your other comment, the argument that the majority of Jordanians are of Palestinian origin and that Jordan is therefore already the de facto homeland of the Palestinians is hypocritical and erroneous. There are no precise statistics but it is true that at least half of Jordan’s population of about 6.2 million people are of Palestinian origin. But that is a result of Israeli expansionism and a deliberate policy of emptying Palestinian lands of Palestinians.

Right, but this is a Arab/Muslim country problem as well.

The US does mess up when they do get too involved (ex: Iraq/Afghanistan). But we cant point fingers at the U.S. for every single internal or historical issue amongst Arab/Muslim countries.

I view it as quite the opposite. It's not the US exploiting the refugees, it's the refugees actually doing anything they can to give a better life to their children/families. If you are physically and intellectually able to work, why won't you? There are more opportunities here than a lot of places for refugees.

We can't keep pointing fingers at the U.S for every problem.

For all its flaws, especially politically today, it does a solid job of still providing opportunities to these families.
I never said that the Arab states and governments are not a problem, they are. That is something Arabs/Middle Easteners will tell you that they voice about in their frustrations. You will very much hear that sentiment when you talk to Arabs outside the Middle East because they can. But, they cannot be out loud about this in their countries because there are repercussions, so it is supressed in expressing the Arab states/governments not doing enough. There is also a large segment that obviously are not in favour of normalizations with Israel.

I am just telling you that these Arab states and governments have basically been pushed, bullied, or bought out to cater to Israel/West for their imperialist, political and economic ambitions. If you notice, any of the autocratic or dictatorships that stand against the Western superpowers will suffer from enforced regime change eventually by the West or backing of the West or be isolated.

A British teenager who went missing after Hamas's attack on southern Israel was murdered, her family have told BBC News.

Yahel, 13, disappeared after militants attacked Kibbutz Be'eri and killed her British-born mother Lianne.

Family members have now confirmed to BBC News that Yahel was also killed. Her sister Noiya, 16, and Israeli father Eli are still missing.

_131449087_yahelliannenoiya.png.webp

I never said that the Arab states and governments are not a problem, they are. That is something Arabs/Middle Easteners will tell you that they voice about in their frustrations. You will very much hear that sentiment when you talk to Arabs outside the Middle East because they can. But, they cannot be out loud about this in their countries because there are repercussions, so it is supressed in expressing the Arab states/governments not doing enough. There is also a large segment that obviously are not in favour of normalizations with Israel.
It is true that the foreign policy of many former colonies very often doesn't reflect the sentiment in the streets.
I am just telling you that these Arab states and governments have basically been pushed, bullied, or bought out to cater to Israel/West for their imperialist, political and economic ambitions. If you notice, any of the autocratic or dictatorships that stand against the Western superpowers will suffer from enforced regime change eventually by the West or backing of the West or be isolated.
I don't agree with this part.

I think that today, power itself is more of a factor in why autocratic leaders, monarchs, and dictators are not following their people's wants. With the rise of alternate powers and organizations (China, BRICS), smaller countries have enjoyed the ability to go around conditions imposed by Western military and financial aid. In addition, after Afghanistan and Iraq, the appetite to fulfill the "white man's burden" in the West is pretty much gone, save for some folks who subscribe to the nostalgia of colonial times.

Arab countries are throwing their weight around in many areas of foreign relations (just look at the last 15 years in the soccer world). They just can't do it militarily yet, and that's what they're looking for by aligning with those who still dominate that sector (the West).

I have a question for everyone.

If you were the Prime Minister of Israel
and you both wanted peace but to also win re-election

what would you do? Like what would be your political / military response to Hamas attack?

Something like covert assassinations not too dissimilar from how Mossad responded to the Munich Olympic massacre.

The title of the map says Palestine AND Transjordan.

If you look up the map of Transjordan, you'll see that the River has always been the boundary between the two territories.

1697537410489.gif
? My map above was prior to the British mandate, I know the river has always been there, I am not a moron

My map shows what post world Transjordan and Palestine looked like in accordance to the British cultural map they were the same ( I understand this doesn't necessarily mean it's true)

Last edited:
P
Something like covert assassinations not too dissimilar from how Mossad responded to the Munich Olympic massacre.
Munich was 1972. Operation Wrath of God didnt change anything since then. Assassinated terrorist heads just empowers the next terrorist in line.

I don't agree with this part.

I think that today, power itself is more of a factor in why autocratic leaders, monarchs, and dictators are not following their people's wants. With the rise of alternate powers and organizations (China, BRICS), smaller countries have enjoyed the ability to go around conditions imposed by Western military and financial aid. In addition, after Afghanistan and Iraq, the appetite to fulfill the "white man's burden" in the West is pretty much gone, save for some folks who subscribe to the nostalgia of colonial times.

Arab countries are throwing their weight around in many areas of foreign relations (just look at the last 15 years in the soccer world). They just can't do it militarily yet, and that's what they're looking for by aligning with those who still dominate that sector (the West).

Can you clarify what you mean?

I believe the 'white man's burden' is still very much heavy and alive in their imperialist ambitions in the region. That is because of their interests that include taking hold on oil and keep their military bases and strategic positions. They would never just leave it so China and Russia can take over and be more predominant in the region instead. But, now they're doing some softer covert ways such as normalizations via Israel to keep the Arab state in check, and military actions by rampant massacres perpetrated by U.S.. drones and pinpoint strikes.

The U.S. suffered grave losses in Iraq and Afghanistan, just as it did in Vietnam. But we shouldn’t mistake these failures of U.S. military strategy as turning away from U.S. imperialist ambitions. Some analysts see these events as a 'post-Vietnam strategy'. It may mean fewer ground troops, but don’t mistake that for the end of U.S. /West imperialism because it is transforming in a more modern sleek shape and form. The pull-out from Iraq and Afghanistan was meant to adjust U.S. imperialist endeavors to what is militarily most effective and politically least costly.

I was reading that more than ever, this is what U.S. imperial actions will consist of in the future: strikes on various scales, from drone individual assassinations to pinpoint missile or air strikes, as a regular pattern, along with a permanent readiness to exert “overwhelming superiority” in destroying a country as how Iraq was destroyed in 1991, without getting involved in state-building.

P

Munich was 1972. Operation Wrath of God didnt change anything since then. Assassinated terrorist heads just empowers the next terrorist in line.

Yes it's basically a retributive approach.

As has already been said, this will never end.

I would just try to quietly take out those responsible for the killing of innocent civilians.

I have a question for everyone.

If you were the Prime Minister of Israel
and you both wanted peace but to also win re-election

what would you do? Like what would be your political / military response to Hamas attack?

I am way too biased and you know my answer.

So, I think Netanyahu has more to lose even if they takeover Gaza because of it being considered one of their biggest intelligence failures and it is not looking good what Israel has been doing at all, and there is definitely a narrative shift more in favour and in sympathy with Palestinian cause.

So, someone was making an analogy on if the Mexican cartel came to attack a city in Texas, and then took back hostages, what would the U.S. response be? To go level the Mexican towns where the cartels are located/stationed with all their families and children? Or, it would be more targeted?

Also, another question should be, if you were a Palestinian resistance fighter that's against a behemoth of a superpower militarily backed with the most powerful Western governments, meanwhile, you've been occupied, ethnically cleansed encroached, starved, caged, and your occupier continues to take over with the end goal of completely annexing occupied Palestinian territories, what would your response be?

This conflict did not start at the Hamas attacks, so in my opinion your question lacks the context why Hamas attacked in the first place as they are on the other end on the defense as the occupied.

Back
Top Bottom