Israel declares War - Destruction of Gaza / Growing conflict in Middle East

Hamas just went out with a big bang while opportunity presented itself to disrupt and shake up the status quo a bit and weaken Netanyahu and their institutions as there's inner political turmoil.
Wut?

I don't buy this.

Netanyahu was already weak prior to Oct 7th. Israelis, including IDF officers, were marching/protesting against his administration every weekend. Hamas didn't want to play the political game, when this is where they would have succeeded without endangering the lives of Palestinians. Hamas gave Netanyahu another lifeline, and he blew it again in a matter of days.

I suppose the silver lining is the UK trying to accelerate Palestinian statehood (as recently declared by Cameron), but I don't see immediate progress without the presence of an international force on the borders with Israel.

This was in the works a while ago to cleanse Gaza and make it unlivable. So many states are in on it, including Saudi.
Are you talking about the same Saudis who are pushing for Palestinian statehood in exchange for rebuilding Gaza? Who would they rebuild it for?

Wut?

I don't buy this.

Netanyahu was already weak prior to Oct 7th. Israelis, including IDF officers, were marching/protesting against his administration every weekend. Hamas didn't want to play the political game, when this is where they would have succeeded without endangering the lives of Palestinians. Hamas gave Netanyahu another lifeline, and he blew it again in a matter of days.

I suppose the silver lining is the UK trying to accelerate Palestinian statehood (as recently declared by Cameron), but I don't see immediate progress without the presence of an international force on the borders with Israel.

Are you talking about the same Saudis who are pushing for Palestinian statehood in exchange for rebuilding Gaza? Who would they rebuild it for?

lol yea Saudis love Palestinians. They want them to have a state. That’s why they were normalizing relations with Israel with no mention of a Palestinian state.

Nobody was talking about a Palestinian state on October 6. Now they are.

Thus: shake the status quo

Wut?

I don't buy this.

The status quo of no talk of progress on a Palestinian state and Israel continuing to expand settlements, as well as the daily brutalization of the occupation and apartheid, with no extendive violent pushback or resistance.

That's why they went for it because it was when Netanyahu was weaker, that's the opportunity.

The Saudis and other Arab states were never friends or in support of the Palestinian people. Never.

All these Arab despots and their states were carved out by the Colonial powers that actually PUT in the ruling regime to serve their interests from the get go which continues to this day.

Ya, a Palestinian "state", and never trust the Saudis officials. They are deranged greedy power hungry corrupt rulers that show something else on the surface and never take what they say at face value.

All saudis care about is themselves, money, to sell oil, and for the West to give them what they need such as protection money and tools to upgrade their national security.

The Saudis also just care about their position and power and to deter Iran and Muslim Shias and whoever they see ad heretics that can topple them from within.

The status quo of no talk of progress on a Palestinian state and Israel continuing to expand settlements, as well as the daily brutalization of the occupation and apartheid, with no extendive violent pushback or resistance.
Hamas was busy taking money from Netanyahu and playing into his divide and conquer strategy, just like the PA. Instead, they could've linked up and squashed their issues in pursuit of a common plan to bring about a Palestinian state that would accommodate both major movements. The status quo you describe was in part possible because Israel exploited the divisions within the Palestinian political body.
That's why they went for it because it was when Netanyahu was weaker, that's the opportunity.
There were better options. Much better options. That's my point, and you may not like to hear this, but the fact that they decided to attack in a way that would provoke that kind of response makes me reconsider the idea that they care about Palestinian civilians as much as they want the world to care about them.

Bibi has been unpopular at home and abroad, especially with left-leaning administrations. So, what's better? Launching ineffective rockets at the Iron Dome or leveraging the support for a Palestinian state that was also gaining ground among the American public? It's all good to picture Mandela with a keffiyeh, but let's remember that he was pragmatic enough to abandon violence when he realized it no longer served the purpose of liberating Black South Africans.

The Saudis and other Arab states were never friends or in support of the Palestinian people. Never.
Really?

After they mobilized armirles to ward off Israel from Mandatory Palestine unsuccessfully in 1948 and especially 1967, this is what you say? Does it ever occur to you that these countries got tired of fighting, especially after losing territories while supporting the Palestinian cause?

It's pretty entitled to expect Arab leaders to love the stability and integrity of their own countries less than they love the Palestinian cause, especially when we factor in the complicated events that happened between the PLO and Egypt, Lebanon, and Jordan.

Earlier, you said that the militant response to Israel assault on Gaza was expected because of geopolitics; I hope you can recognize that Arab nations adjusting to the reality that they couldn't beat Israel on the battlefield is also justified by geopolitics.

All these Arab despots and their states were carved out by the Colonial powers that actually PUT in the ruling regime to serve their interests from the get go which continues to this day.

Ya, a Palestinian "state", and never trust the Saudis officials. They are deranged greedy power hungry corrupt rulers that show something else on the surface and never take what they say at face value.

All saudis care about is themselves, money, to sell oil, and for the West to give them what they need such as protection money and tools to upgrade their national security.

The Saudis also just care about their position and power and to deter Iran and Muslim Shias and whoever they see ad heretics that can topple them from within.

To be fair, any Arab leaders who opposed Isreael were all killed. King Faisal, Gaddafi, Mursi just to name a few.

Lol. I don’t trust israel

The deal they agreed to is probably:

“We will stop aggression if you agree to leave and then commit suicide and live stream it”

That will be in line with what he said about total victory:

Settler Colonialism destroys people, cultures, and local ecology.

Also, it’s ironic that Israeli Settlers, who always talk about their ancient connection to the land and how it goes back to biblical times, are chopping down Olive Trees that were planted centuries before the destruction of the First Temple and as many as two millennia before the Romans destroyed the Second Temple.

And not only that, they are destroying those trees to build some crappy condo complex.

Settler Colonialism destroys people, cultures, and local ecology.

Also, it’s ironic that Israeli Settlers, who always talk about their ancient connection to the land and how it goes back to biblical times, are chopping down Olive Trees that were planted centuries before the destruction of the First Temple and as many as two millennia before the Romans destroyed the Second Temple.

And not only that, they are destroying those trees to build some crappy condo complex.

These Zionist pricks will try to make it seem like there was nothing there

Isn’t it weird that the US attacked the same targets in Iraq that ISIS hit the same night.

Back
Top Bottom