its about to be 10 years since 50 put out this classic album (vol time flies)

I'm sorry it wasn't exactly 10. It was like 8 years. He was the first rapper to put out a mainstream album in ABOUT eight years.

I don't know about Kendrick or Nipsey because of Game. Most of the people I know that listen to Kendrick or Nipsey don't even listen to Game and will tell you he's not the reason they listen to them. DC, MD, VA....not a lot of people listening to Game out here anymore. His show a few months ago was empty and tickets were on Groupon.

I think Game is a local legend, local hero. But he's not a legend in the game. Doesn't have a classic and has been forgotten about it in a good amount of areas. We here more about his antics on social media than his music.
DEFINITELY LYING THRU UR KEYBOARD BRUH...I WAS AT THE ECHOSTAGE SHOW, FAR FROM EMPTY....

Also did u know Dipset concert was also on groupon, guess that means it was empty too...
eyes.gif

Another thing when u referring to the kids that listen to Nipsey and kendrick are u talking about the 15-17 yr olds who just started listening to rap and are growing up on these artists?

Game was pretty much shelved on the aftermath roster til 50 said yeah he can get with gunit.

Fif already had hate it love it, how we do done and was supposed to be on massacre.
Hate it or Love it probably but How We Do was not supposed to be on the massacre, Game found the beat called Fresh 83 in Dre's box of beats, it was a breakdance type beat, Started writing to it, 50 came in, liked it and they made the song.

Where exactly did I say West Side Story was 50's.  I just said he wrote the hook, which was crucial to the song.  But as far as actual evidence that's out there regarding these songs,  what I posted from the article is really all we have. 

I love a good discussion about music, but your bias is amazing.  You're out here getting defensive over things that were never even said.  
HE DIDN'T WRITE THE HOOK, IT WAS SNOOP ON IT ORIGINALLY.  50 changed it since he actually pulled it off better, Snoops sound kinda slowed the tempo

Last edited:
I'm sorry it wasn't exactly 10. It was like 8 years. He was the first rapper to put out a mainstream album in ABOUT eight years.

I don't know about Kendrick or Nipsey because of Game. Most of the people I know that listen to Kendrick or Nipsey don't even listen to Game and will tell you he's not the reason they listen to them. DC, MD, VA....not a lot of people listening to Game out here anymore. His show a few months ago was empty and tickets were on Groupon.

I think Game is a local legend, local hero. But he's not a legend in the game. Doesn't have a classic and has been forgotten about it in a good amount of areas. We here more about his antics on social media than his music.
DEFINITELY LYING THRU UR KEYBOARD BRUH...I WAS AT THE ECHOSTAGE SHOW, FAR FROM EMPTY....

Also did u know Dipset concert was also on groupon, guess that means it was empty too...:rolleyes

Another thing when u referring to the kids that listen to Nipsey and kendrick are u talking about the 15-17 yr olds who just started listening to rap and are growing up on these artists?

Game's show wasn't sold out or packed. Joint was not rocking, like I said. This area doesn't mess with Game like that. He's a legend on the west coast, he's not a legend in the rest of this country.

Dispute show was empty until people started leaving Stadium and walked right in at 1:30am. Not sure what Dipset has to do with this.

I don't know any 15-17 year olds so no.

Game's show wasn't sold out or packed. Joint was not rocking, like I said. This area doesn't mess with Game like that. He's a legend on the west coast, he's not a legend in the rest of this country.

Dispute show was empty until people started leaving Stadium and walked right in at 1:30am. Not sure what Dipset has to do with this.

I don't know any 15-17 year olds so no.
Were you at both? If you weren't end of discussion

Mentioned dipset in regards to ur attempt to downplay the fact that his concert was on groupon, just like dipsets was.

Last edited:
Say what you want about Game but this right here is one of the best diss records ever if not the best.

300 bars of was crazy. He killed it. He ain't a legend tho. What's up with hisnbeard tho. He looks like a dumbass.

Say what you want about Game but this right here is one of the best diss records ever if not the best.

I'll take Ether over that any day. You and i both know Ether was better.

300 was good, a little long though.

I got no problem with people saying they prefer The Doc over GRODT. It's your preference. GRODT's impact was probably 5x the impact of The Doc though. I'll never forget that release. The few months before and after that release. I've never heard so many cars playing an entire CD before. It was something special to witness. You had all colors, genders and races playing this album that month. It was stupid.

What where the name of the mixtapes game put out before this album dropped ?

Btw this album was a classic for the 2000's era of rap.

Also one of the last hip hop albums to have major sales.

Last edited:
^^^Untold Story (Independent Album He did in the Bay in 2002 with JT B**** F****)

U know what it is Vol 1-2

Westside Story 

I got no problem with people saying they prefer The Doc over GRODT. It's your preference. GRODT's impact was probably 5x the impact of The Doc though. I'll never forget that release. The few months before and after that release. I've never heard so many cars playing an entire CD before. It was something special to witness. You had all colors, genders and races playing this album that month. It was stupid.
I will agree with u for once lol....ive said it before in other threads as well. I have never felt a buzz for any artist like i felt when 50 when he was dropping GRODT. 

Since we strolling down memory lane, Ill never forget my high school pep rally they played in da club the beggining part. and they cut it off before "we don't give a **** its not ur bday" to censor the curse word but the whole gym said it anyways lol i mean everybody was singing along, the geeks, jocks, emo's, chicks, potheads everybody

For me id say both albums were about the same to me. I skip maybe 1 or 2 tracks on either, but id give slight edge to Documentary just cuz i rock with westcoast stuff more.

I've never been able to listen to The Doc without skipping. That's why it'll never be a classic in my book. I always skip Church For Thugs, Runnin, No More Fun and Games, Where I'm From and Don't Worry. Some of those beats just annoy the **** out of me. That's 5 songs out of 17. I play about 11-12 songs, that's a damn good album.

Oh yeah, Dreams the beat >>> the lyrics

Back
Top Bottom