It's Official: Adidas shoes are bad for the knees!!!

I don't know whether or not to put this is in the sneaker review section, but after just seeing Josh Smith go out with a knee injury, I have to let it be known.
Maybe an Adidas rep can read this and understand the issues with their shoes, but I've been saying it for years, ADIDAS SHOES ARE BAD FOR YOUR KNEES AND ANKLES.

Look at the college and NBA teams with players that wear Adidas, ALMOST ALL THE PLAYERS HAVE EITHER A KNEE BRACE OR ANKLE BRACE ON THEM.  Even Derrick Rose, the spokesman for Adidas basketball, came out the gate with knee pads and ankle braces.  Think of ALL THE SUPERSTAR PLAYERS FOR ADIDAS OVER THE PAST 5 YEARS.  KG, Chauncey Billups, Gilbert Arenas, Tmac, Tim Duncan, Eric Gordon.  ALL OF THEM HAD MAJOR KNEE INJURIES OR ANKLE INJURIES, SOME EVEN BOTH.  The only guy I know who hasn't really had any knee or ankle problems is Dwight Howard, and lower back injuries may be due to Adidas' funky cushioning, but I haven't had that experience myself so I can't say.

This isn't just hearsay.  I used to wear Nikes exclusively, until a few years ago I started wearing Adidas basketball shoes for basketball.  That's when my knee started hurting after wearing them exclusively for a couple of months.  Something didn't feel right, especially since I never had a knee injury before.  So I started wearing Nikes again.  No knee problems.

I bought the Derrick Rose kicks last year for summer ball.  Last fall I severely sprained my ankle going for a rebound, and I was out of basketball for a month.  I told myself I would never wear those shoes again.  Was wearing some old Nike beaters till Christmas when I got a pair of Crazy 8's.  Again I started getting a funny pain in my knee.  So I stopped playing in them, being that I never had that pain before.  

One day I decided to wear the old Derrick Rose's again just for kicks, playing 3 on 3.  I ROLLED BOTH MY ANKLES so severely I was scared to play anymore.  I threw the shoes off and left out in my flip flops, I don't know if someone picked them up or not but I was not taking them back home.  And I understand that anyone can roll their ankles in any given game, but I NEVER HAVE THESE PROBLEMS IN NIKE SHOES.  Man right now I'm hooping in Nike cross trainers, and I have had ZERO ankle or knee problems.  I use some old Lebron Soldiers 3 to hoop in these days, I'm not hooping in my J's!!

So I just shake my head everytime I see another Adidas shoe-wearing basketball player go down with a lower leg injury.  Adidas needs to get it together, I would never wear Adidas to play any sport in.  Their gear is fresh to me, and I would still wear the shoes for casual wear, but my body refuses to let me wear them for ball.  The new Crazy Light's look nice, but after seeing Josh Smith go down on a freak injury, I think I'm gonna pass.

Now if you play ball casually, like a few times out of the month, then go ahead and hoop in Adidas if you want.  But if you play A LOT, like every other day, then the shoes will take a toll on you.  Once I started hooping every day and wearing Adidas, that's when the problems started.  Even in this lockout season, you see the players who hoop in Kobe's, Lebron's, Hyperfuses, NO KNEE OR ANKLE PROBLEMS.  Shoot half the players wear lowtop Nikes nowadays and they don't even have any ankle or knee problems.  

People don't take my word for it.  Take Derrick Rose, take Iman Shumpert.  Take Josh Smith or Eric Gordon.  Listen to your knees.

d6f25b3ed9c41dbe58db0c9f9a66ea1978b8bca.gif

This isn't "official". Players hurt themselves in Nikes too.

Might just be coincidence. Weren't people bashing the hyperizes a few years back when a bunch of NBA dudes hurt themselves n were cramping up when wearing them?

tumblr_m1rpu41f9z1r1sj6oo1_500.gif

I'm far from an Adidas supporter but I can't agree with you. Yea sure, those injuries have happened to Adidas players, but the same injuries occur to players of all kinds of sneaker companies. Not just Adidas

illwill24 wrote:

Now if you play ball casually, like a few times out of the month, then go ahead and hoop in Adidas if you want.  But if you play A LOT, like every other day, then the shoes will take a toll on you.  Once I started hooping every day and wearing Adidas, that's when the problems started.  Even in this lockout season, you see the players who hoop in Kobe's, Lebron's, Hyperfuses, NO KNEE OR ANKLE PROBLEMS.  Shoot half the players wear lowtop Nikes nowadays and they don't even have any ankle or knee problems.  

I just had to re-quote myself.  If you play ball casually, that's cool, but FROM EXPERIENCE, HOOPING IN ADIDAS SHOES EVERYDAY TAKES A TOLL ON YOUR KNEES AND ANKLES.
And BTW, Oden and Roy had knee problems BEFORE they got into the NBA, playing the 82 game schedule.  And besides everyone gets hurt in Portland

With logic like that, why bother arguing?
laugh.gif

Someone lock this up.

Not a huge Adidas guy but this is asinine thinking

And Nike is laughing somewhere with glee

Originally Posted by UPPTEMPO8387

Might just be coincidence. Weren't people bashing the hyperizes a few years back when a bunch of NBA dudes hurt themselves n were cramping up when wearing them?

Yeah but those shoes deserved all the hate they got. Those and the past two years of Hyperdunks stabibility are just terrible. I feel like a lot of Adidas's shoes the outsole just feels real dull. Coming down contantly on that every day playing basketball probably wouldn't be too good on your knees. That's why I've stayed away from Adidas, so it's not suprising that a lot of their guys are having trouble with injuries.

........soooo who here hoops in Adidas shoes everyday and has no knee or ankle problems? Let me know because I don't know anyone who does
Because you can tell me all day about my logic and the thought I put behind this, but I wrote this topic from my own experiences and what I see with my own two eyes.

Again I reiterate I hoop damn near every day, and I never have knee or ankle problems unless I'm wearing Adidas shoes.

Back
Top Bottom