It's Official: Adidas shoes are bad for the knees!!!

Nah man...I was rocing the Jordan 18's and while playing ball I would always have a pain in my knee. I never thought to tie in the pain I was experiencing with the shoes, but it was true in my case. The pain only would flare up when I was rocking the 18's and running up and down the court.

Originally Posted by SFC415

Originally Posted by ACBboyz84

Give me 12 athletes that injured not by contact

Here's 12 Nike athletes. Please never post in this thread again, unless it's to apologize for your ignorance. Most of the dudes I� mentioned WERE NOT injured by contact.

1)Jeremy Lin: sore knee->torn meniscus

2)The Nets lost their third small forward to season-ending injury on Wednesday, when it was determined that Shawne Williamswill miss the rest of the year after having successful left footsurgery to repair an old fracture and remove two small bone fragments.

3) Posted on: February 20, 2012 1:31 pm

Edited on: February 20, 2012 1:44 pm
It's been just under five years since the Portland Trail Blazer madecenter Greg Oden the No. 1 pick in the 2007 NBA Draft. On Monday, Odenis set to undergo his fifth knee surgery during those five years.

4))Okafor has missed 10 consecutive games. According to Williams,"[Okafor] is a different guy when it comes to his body. I don't evenwant to get into all that. He and [the Hornets' trainer] are trying toget on the same page as far as making sure he's healthy before he getsback out there again." Interpret that however you will. But keep inmind that prior to the injury Okafor was only returning 13th-roundvalue in nine-cat leagues.

Source: NBA.com
Mar 3 - 8:21 PM

5)Gibson injured the ankle on March 19 at New Jersey and he had shown noprogress. It was originally termed a sprained ankle, but Gibson saidthis one was more painful than others he's experienced. He "jammed" theankle as he planted his foot rather than turning it or stepping onanother player's shoe.

6)Lewis has played in only 13 of 45 games since the coaching change. Hemade his last appearance on Feb. 22 against Sacramento and landedawkwardly on his left knee after grabbing a rebound.

7)Jazz guard Earl Watsonwas unable to finish Sunday's game against the Spurs after suffering aright knee injury, and was seen after the game in a wheelchair,according to the Salt Lake Tribune. Watson played just fiveminutes in the game, and left the arena on crutches. He will have anMRI on the knee. "When I came down after shooting a layup, I feel likeI came down wrong. I felt my knee lock up," he said.

glasses.gif
New Jersey Nets shooting guard Keith Bogans fractured his left ankle and completely tore his deltoid ligament Wednesday night against the Detroit Pistons and will undergo surgery Monday, the team announced. Bogans will miss the rest of the season, a league source confirmed.Bogans suffered the injury in the fourth quarter while trying to deny a dunk by Pistons center Greg Monroe. Bogans came down awkwardly and left the game. An MRI taken Thursday revealed the fracture and the tear.

9)The New Orleans Hornets have announced that point guard Jarrett Jackwill miss the rest of the season with a stress fracture in his rightfoot. Jack injured himself during the team's five-game West-Coast trip. He has missed the last three games.

10)Whiteside's season cut short : The Kings announced that center Hassan Whitesidewill miss the remainder of the season due to an ankle injury. Whitesidehurt his right ankle during Wednesday night's loss to the Hornets.

11 and 12)
� 
Bogan sprained his ankle stepping on some dude foot on the way down.
Shawn William hurt his knee on contact since like a couple seasons ago and never fully recovered . Now he finally decide to have surgery to remove old fracture

Curry's first ankle sprain happened when he stepped on Gasol foot in 2010 season. Ever since that his ankle became chronic probably due to the fact that he never fully recovered in the first place

Video of Whiteside hurt his ankle by non contact or it never happen.

So that's only 8 Nike dudes.

Again name me 12 Nike head that were injured by non contact.

laugh.gif

ACBboyz84, how much are Nike paying you for your desperate posts to make them look good, and replies with a laughing emoticon when someone proves that you are wrong? Please tell me, I'm mad jealous. I would like to make money off making posts on an Internet forum too.

Smh @ anyone who thinks that ANY model from ANY brand affects performance in anyway whatsoever.

...brainwashed minds.

pr0phecy718:
roll.gif
@ the fact that I see this thread title on NikeTalk... 
Nike sees this thread and they're probably like

free-MrBurnsExcellent.gif

They might read the title and get excited, but reading through the thread, I guarantee the excitement fades.
laugh.gif
"Damn... they're talking about Oden, Curry, Vince, Penny, Lin, Roy... $+*!!!!"

As it should be.
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by FIREPOWER23

Smh @ anyone who thinks that ANY model from ANY brand affects performance in anyway whatsoever.

...brainwashed minds.

They may not increase your performance, but they can allow you to play at your best without having to worry about your feet. A bad pair of shoes can cause injuries and/or make you play below your usual self though. You try playing in some Dada's or some *%@+ and lemme know how you play afterwards.

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

ACBboyz84, how much are Nike paying you for your desperate posts to make them look good, and replies with a laughing emoticon when someone proves that you are wrong? Please tell me, I'm mad jealous. I would like to make money off making posts on an Internet forum too.
First of all. He didn't prove me wrong. I gave my list of non contact injured Adidas athletes and then i said give me 12 Nike athletes that were injured by NON contact. Not sure if he know what non contact injury mean.

Second. I don't work for Nike. I paid attention to injuries and notice what kind of shoes the player were wearing and how the injury happened. It's fact by careful observation.

Third it's a fact Eva cushion in Adidas can't compete with Nike zoom/max when it come to impact absorbing . Prolonged jumping and running in Eva midsole for 82 games a season and 16 playoff games will take hit on the knees and back

And lastly. The Adidas crazy light series has been reviewed by many shoes sites and they all said the lateral support is not good.

Take it or leave it . Im not here to argue with casual basketball fan and Nters who doesn't know about shoes nor play basketball

First of all. He didn't prove me wrong. I gave my list of non contact injured Adidas athletes and then i said give me 12 Nike athletes that were injured by NON contact. Not sure if he know what non contact injury mean.

Second. I don't work for Nike. I paid attention to injuries and notice what kind of shoes the player were wearing and how the injury happened. It's fact by careful observation.

Third it's a fact Eva cushion in Adidas can't compete with Nike zoom/max when it come to impact absorbing . Prolonged jumping and running in Eva midsole for 82 games a season and 16 playoff games will take hit on the knees and back

And lastly. The Adidas crazy light series has been reviewed by many shoes sites and they all said the lateral support is not good.

Take it or leave it . Im not here to argue with casual basketball fan and Nters who doesn't know about shoes nor play basketball
what makes it a fact?

wow, you proved me wrong on THREE of the dudes I posted, and suddenly you're acting NONE of them were injured by non-contact? 8-9 is SUCH a HUGE difference from 12 right? The NBA is ONE professional league with a very small number of players compared to the total professional player population; you don't have a big enough sample size to prove a point. You simply don't have any solid evidence to prove that Adidas causes more injuries. Everything you say to refute other people's proof is preceded with the word "probably". "Stephen Curry PROBABLY got injured again due to a past injury." Get over yourself

OP is an idiot, just like Jason Petrie. you can get injured in any shoes.. adidas, nike, reebok, li-ning, it's all the same. for every adidas athlete that got injured, there is a nike counterpart to it..

Originally Posted by Da Doc03

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 @ this thread
i'm a nike guy, and i don't believe "Adidas shoes are bad for the knees!!!"
i strictly wear nikes and i still have knee problems....

this thread is 
laugh.gif

come on guys, you guys make it seem like Adidas shoes is worst than cheap walmart shoes

Originally Posted by SFC415

Give me 12 athletes that injured not by contact

Here's 12 Nike athletes. Please never post in this thread again, unless it's to apologize for your ignorance. Most of the dudes I� mentioned WERE NOT injured by contact.

1)Jeremy Lin: sore knee->torn meniscus

2)The Nets lost their third small forward to season-ending injury on Wednesday, when it was determined that Shawne Williamswill miss the rest of the year after having successful left footsurgery to repair an old fracture and remove two small bone fragments.

3) Posted on: February 20, 2012 1:31 pm

Edited on: February 20, 2012 1:44 pm
It's been just under five years since the Portland Trail Blazer madecenter Greg Oden the No. 1 pick in the 2007 NBA Draft. On Monday, Odenis set to undergo his fifth knee surgery during those five years.

4))Okafor has missed 10 consecutive games. According to Williams,"[Okafor] is a different guy when it comes to his body. I don't evenwant to get into all that. He and [the Hornets' trainer] are trying toget on the same page as far as making sure he's healthy before he getsback out there again." Interpret that however you will. But keep inmind that prior to the injury Okafor was only returning 13th-roundvalue in nine-cat leagues.

Source: NBA.com
Mar 3 - 8:21 PM

5)Gibson injured the ankle on March 19 at New Jersey and he had shown noprogress. It was originally termed a sprained ankle, but Gibson saidthis one was more painful than others he's experienced. He "jammed" theankle as he planted his foot rather than turning it or stepping onanother player's shoe.

6)Lewis has played in only 13 of 45 games since the coaching change. Hemade his last appearance on Feb. 22 against Sacramento and landedawkwardly on his left knee after grabbing a rebound.

7)Jazz guard Earl Watsonwas unable to finish Sunday's game against the Spurs after suffering aright knee injury, and was seen after the game in a wheelchair,according to the Salt Lake Tribune. Watson played just fiveminutes in the game, and left the arena on crutches. He will have anMRI on the knee. "When I came down after shooting a layup, I feel likeI came down wrong. I felt my knee lock up," he said.

glasses.gif
New Jersey Nets shooting guard Keith Bogans fractured his left ankle and completely tore his deltoid ligament Wednesday night against the Detroit Pistons and will undergo surgery Monday, the team announced. Bogans will miss the rest of the season, a league source confirmed.Bogans suffered the injury in the fourth quarter while trying to deny a dunk by Pistons center Greg Monroe. Bogans came down awkwardly and left the game. An MRI taken Thursday revealed the fracture and the tear.

9)The New Orleans Hornets have announced that point guard Jarrett Jackwill miss the rest of the season with a stress fracture in his rightfoot. Jack injured himself during the team's five-game West-Coast trip. He has missed the last three games.

10)Whiteside's season cut short : The Kings announced that center Hassan Whitesidewill miss the remainder of the season due to an ankle injury. Whitesidehurt his right ankle during Wednesday night's loss to the Hornets.

11 and 12)
��
Bogan sprained his ankle stepping on some dude foot on the way down.
Shawn William hurt his knee on contact since like a couple seasons ago and never fully recovered . Now he finally decide to have surgery to remove old fracture

Curry's first ankle sprain happened when he stepped on Gasol foot in 2010 season. Ever since that his ankle became chronic probably due to the fact that he never fully recovered in the first place

Video of Whiteside hurt his ankle by non contact or it never happen.

So that's only 8 Nike dudes.

Again name me 12 Nike head that were injured by non contact.

laugh.gif
Why 12?
And Curry didn't step on Pau's ankle btw.

Originally Posted by Jay02

Originally Posted by illwill24

Not at the same time, the same game tho, rolled the right ankle (the bad one) then a few plays later, the left one. It was so crazy because I put the shoes on just for that game, and boom both ankles rolled...lookin like steph curry

If they were both severe how did you continue to play after the first rolled ankle. Seems as if youre exaggerating a bit. The only time I rolled an ankle severely was a summer league game and I was done. Swelled up within minutes. I was wearing Nikes btw
the adidas shoes he was wearing gave his ankle power to play through the injury which resulted in injuring his other ankle so adidas is evil
Spoiler [+]
laugh.gif
 this guys crazy

Back
Top Bottom