It's Official: Minnesota Vikings acquires Randy Moss from the Pats for 3rd Round Pick

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

Originally Posted by Deuce King

We'll see how good Wes Welker REALLY is....
100% Truth.  Can't wait to hear all the excuses from all the Wes Welker fans on here as to why he's not putting up decent numbers this year now that his meal ticket is gone. 

But when he does put up his usual #'s, what will your excuse be?

For now we'll just have to wait and see champ, but make no mistake about it Wes Welker and even his fans here on the boards know that his free ride is over now that Moss is gone.

And oh yeah, he's 10 months removed from his knee being murdered, and yet he's still out there playin, but of course, no one will give him credit for that. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

You want credit given because he came back to play from surgery??

Wes Welker's free ride? like he doesn't run his own routes and get himself open?he isn't the one making the catches?

obviously it is going to allow teams to focus more on Welker, but lets be real Wes is still one of the best at getting open and catching passes in the league.

I'll put $200 against anyone that the Patriots win another championship before the Vikings do.

From NFL.COM

A trade that sends Randy Moss from the New England Patriots back to the Minnesota Vikings is complete, a league source told NFL Network insider Michael Lombardi.

The Patriots will receive a 2011 third-round draft pick in exchange for the seven-time Pro Bowl wide receiver, who started his NFL career with the Vikings in 1998. Had New England allowed Moss to leave in free agency next offseason, it would have received a third-round selection in the 2012 draft as compensation.

Moss, who's in the final year of his current contract, is scheduled to make $6.4 million in base salary this season. He wants a new deal, but he wouldn't receive one from the Vikings as part of the trade, Lombardi reported.

Fox Sports' Jay Glazer, who also appears on NFL Network, first reported the trade discussions Tuesday.

Originally Posted by Hess Side 978

Wes Welker's free ride? like he doesn't run his own routes and get himself open?he isn't the one making the catches?

obviously it is going to allow teams to focus more on Welker, but lets be real Wes is still one of the best at getting open and catching passes in the league.

He also been lining up vs LBs and Nickel backs 20 times a game.

I just looked up why NE has Carolina's second rounder.........which, when you look at Carolina and their potential to be a very very bad team, basically puts that pick in the 33-36 range, along with the top 10 pick they get from Oak, and then their own first rounder...........God damn I hate the Patriots front office. 
indifferent.gif

Wow. I can't believe NE just traded him mid-season like that. They should have paid dude, If I were Brady I'd be pissed about this trade.

Moss back to Minny tho
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by dmxfury

I should have clarified that I think this is a good move for NE if they knew he wasn't going to be resigned. Sure the team and SB chances take a hit this year, but the next few years they could really be set to make strong runs through Brady's peak and final years. Plus the team won Super Bowls without big contract names but the right guys that play in the system. I don't think the Pats need the big names necessarily to win. It of course depends on the drafts but with that many picks and their history, I wouldn't bet against them. Could be a good move for both teams
Yes, but that was back when they had a top 5 defense and didn't have to put an emphasis on scoring lots of points as much as they do know.
Originally Posted by h3at23

NFLfootballinfo

5 players have played in 17 reg-sea games since bye instituted in '90, including HOFer Jerry Rice in '04 w/ Oak-Sea.

Others...Chris Singleton, N.E.-Mia, '93; Dexter Carter, NYJ-SF, '95; Micah Ross, SD-Car, '04; Will Witherspoon, StL-Phi, '09
Dex
pimp.gif

And as for the Wes Welker debate. Well, that all will depend on where he lines up the majority of the time. I think his #'s will take a slight hit w/o Randy, but as long as he gets to continue to play in the slot for the vast majority of his snaps, he should still do work.

Now, if they try to use him as a downfield threat and as a outside receiver his #'s are going to take a huge dive.

More PT for Brandon Tate though
pimp.gif

Pats stockpiling picks means nothing when you keep the revolving door going like this.

I'd be shocked if they even use that Oakland pick. Just keep trading back.

Originally Posted by jmause3

Originally Posted by 18th letter

If this deal goes through
30t6p3b.gif
everybody is just saying its just a matter of when now
30t6p3b.gif

New England's draft picks next year: 8 in the first 4 rounds.  Along with their own in each round they have:
Oakland's 1st
Carolina's 2nd
Minnesota's 3rd
Denver's 4th
sick.gif
At least one NT'er is paying attention.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

Pats stockpiling picks means nothing when you keep the revolving door going like this.

This is going to backfire on the Pats.

Why would any big free agent ever go to NE at this point? The only player they take care of is Brady. Aside from Oakland, NE might be the worst place for any free agent to go. That's going to hurt them.

Nobody they have or can get will replace Moss, but they'll be just as good w/o him. They'll just switch up the gameplan and move more to 2 TE sets with Hernandez and Gronkowski, which is probably more in their favor anyway. Slow down the pace of the game and keep that D off the field.

And don't sleep on Tate because he is damn good. A lot of ppl thought he was better than Hakeem Nicks when they were here in Chapel Hill. Now he'll finally have a chance to prove it...

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

Originally Posted by Hess Side 978

He also been lining up vs LBs and Nickel backs 20 times a game.
word Moss made it 9 on 10 most of the game. meaning the top corner and a safety on moss. Now what happens when that corner and safety cover Wes all game now?

2000: (76) New England - J.R. Redmond, RB Arizona State
2001: (86) New England - Brock Williams - CB Notre Dame
2004: (95) New England - Guss Scott, S Florida
2005: (100) New England - Nick Kaczur, OT/OG Toledo
2006: (86) New England - Dave Thomas, TE Texas
2008: (78) New England - Shawn Crable, OLB Michigan
2008: (94) New England - Kevin O'Connell, QB San Diego State
2009: (83) New England - Brandon Tate, WR North Carolina
2009: (97) New England - Tyrone McKenzie, LB South Florida
2010: (90) New England - Taylor Price, WR Ohio

Exactly. We all go
eek.gif
for about 5 years running now at the picks Bill B accumulates but what exactly has that done for them? They just keep trading and trading, and have had more than one year lately where if they would have actually went for the juggular they probably would have another ring. I'm sure Brady loves how his players are always traded for future picks to use later
laugh.gif

Now with that said, Moss is a joke and so is the current situation. Dude is obviously one of the most talented players ever....but he's now going on 3 teams giving up on him and it's comedic how much he gives up when he doesn't get his way.

Ah well he loves getting new digs for a few months so Vikes won't care for time being.

Back
Top Bottom