It's Official: Minnesota Vikings acquires Randy Moss from the Pats for 3rd Round Pick

Seriously, though... why are people worried about the Patriots stockpiling picks? Have you not seen their draft classes?
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/2005/draft/teams/patriots.html
http://www.patriots.com/search/index.cfm?ac=searchdetail&pid=18701&pcid=46
http://www.patriots.com/search/index.cfm?ac=searchdetail&pcid=46&pid=24986
http://www.patriots.com/search/index.cfm?ac=searchdetail&pid=31749&pcid=46

2005-2008 and I think there are what, four or five dudes still on the Patriots from all these picks? They aren't the drafting geniuses y'all make em out to be... I'm just saying (not being a hater). To me, they've always gotten better through FA. *shrugs*

I'm
30t6p3b.gif
but this is what we do

Right NOW id take Sidney Rice over Moss... They have similar skill set but Rice would be more valuable to the Vikings at this point than Moss.

This trade tells me that Rice wont be back for at least another month and a half if not 2 months.

Vikings pushing in all their chips to win right now but Moss isn't going to erase other glaring issues on that squad.

Pats being the Pats by looking for picks before an expiring contract but this actually hurts them more than it helps Minny.

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

Right NOW id take Sidney Rice over Moss... They have similar skill set but Rice would be more valuable to the Vikings at this point than Moss.
Why.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

This team has been built thru draft picks for the past decade. 

Sure, they have plenty of misses, name me a damn team that doesn't, but they also have plenty of solid picks as well as future assets that NO other team has. 

Tell me Oakland and the mess that they are don't need a first rounder next year.  You guys think that Carolina after making a top 5 pick and then not having anything until the thrid round is going to help them in any way next year?  You guys are acting like the Pats won't draft anybody next year at all.  They may trade down again (as usual) but then that means they have assets for the 2012 draft as well, something no one else is in position for. 

Bottom line, they traded a 4th rounder for Moss, put 3 years on his career, and moved him for a third rounder.  = Win
They added Oakland's first rounder, top 10 potential = win
Carolina's early second round pick = win
Maroney for a 4th rounder = win. 
Hell, even trading Thomas to the Saints for a 7th rounder got upgraded to a 6th round pick when he reached incentives = win for the Pats. 

You guys know any other teams with those kind of assets? 

Even if the Pats only make 6 out of the 8 picks, or 5, and trade down 3 picks for other future picks, it's still more then what teams like Washington gets, or Carolina, or Oakland and teams like that, that move their picks and try to build with 3-4 decent young guys thru a draft and a bunch of free agents. 

I honestly don't see how anyone can downplay what the Pats did in terms of future, but I would understand if people were down on them for what they are giving up THIS season.  That I agree with. 

Originally Posted by dreClark

Why.

Why not? Are the Vikings with Moss and no Sid better than the Vikings with Sid and no Moss? I don't think they are.

Moss has 9 catches and something like 5 drops so far this season.  And Pats fans complained that Brady was trying to force him balls during the first couple games? Wait til old school Favre gets in trouble and decides to throw some laser beams into triple coverage.

Originally Posted by MaxElite

What are Minnesota's other glaring issues exactly?

These are Packer fans making these claims.   

Does anyone think that the Patriots made this deal for a pick so they could spin that pick for Vincent Jackson? Thats what I would do if I was running the Pats anyways.

No.  Vincent Jackson wants to get paid.

Does anyone think that the Patriots made this deal for a pick so they could spin that pick for Vincent Jackson? Thats what I would do if I was running the Pats anyways.

Originally Posted by MaxElite

What are Minnesota's other glaring issues exactly?

Minnys OL is horrible.  And that vaunted pass rush has netted 3 sacks in 3 games.  Favre is not 2009 Favre. Secondary has big holes.

Originally Posted by dreClark

Why.

Why not? Are the Vikings with Moss and no Sid better than the Vikings with Sid and no Moss? I don't think they are.

Moss has 9 catches and something like 5 drops so far this season.  And Pats fans complained that Brady was trying to force him balls during the first couple games? Wait til old school Favre gets in trouble and decides to throw some laser beams into triple coverage.

But lets think of the Vikings window of opportunity.  Who knows how long Farve is going to play, and the QB situation past this year is up in the air.  The pure presence of Moss is going to make life SO much easier for Harvin, Shanicoe, Rice, etc....Maybe in the long-term Rice is the better option...but Moss is one of about 5 WR's in the NFL who currently makes the game so much easier for the #2's and #3's.  Vikings HAD to make this move.  All they need to do is tread water until Rice comes back....THEN you'll see a ridiculous offense who will hit their stride in the 2nd half of the season.  That's going to be scary. 

To be real, obviously the Vikings got better, they'll prolly make the playoffs now for sure...but this team doesn't scare me in the post-season.

packer fans downplaying this move is straight LULZ ... The pack will be lucky to make the playoffs now cuz they definitely wont win the division ...

the vikings are exponentially better adding moss ... do you realize randy moss can streak down the field and take a safety and corner with him on every play, leaving 9 people to tackle AD? add one receiver being covered by a corner and you have 8 ... add someone responsible for shiancoe and harvin and you have 6 ... 6 players to tackle AD on a sprint draw ...

favre is at his best when he can sling it down the field and having the best one on one deep threat at his disposal is SCARY ... last week Dez Bryant was a better receiver than Randy Moss, this week he's not ... there's something to be said for a change of scenery (see LT) ...

I'm pissed at the patriots right now man. You don't give up a top 3 reciever in this league for a 3rd round pic especially when u have tom brady to throw it to him. There pass game just got real weak

Originally Posted by SHUGES

Originally Posted by JPZx

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

Originally Posted by JPZx

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

Sources are now saying this is a done deal pending a Moss extension.
I don't see this anywhere, though.
my personal source. He's been right about everything he has posted and told me recently.
2csbdqx.jpg
nerd.gif

venom certainly seems to deserve his credit. Son must be boys with Schefter or something.
laugh.gif

Thank you, I appreciate that.
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom