IT'S OFFICIAL - Nike Foamposite Max/Duncans Retro All Blacks Release Black Friday $225

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like i always say, Nike have a pretty good idea they won't move too well at 225.

All it's about is screwing the retailer for a little extra on the wholesale price.

for $225 you would think Nike would make these somewhat "limited" seeing that MOST of the consumers wont be copping a $225 shoe....I couldve sworn a NTer (possibly kickzny) said that a Nike rep told him production costs for Duncans and carbon flights are too high...yea it justifies the price increase,but what about the quantity (and quality)? usually when a product costs a lot to make, the company limits quantity made (which usually increases quality)....but if we have a catalog scan,I assume its a GR...which means...large quantity, and poor quality

outlets FTW
pimp.gif

NIKE isnt going to mass produce a shoe that retails at 225 so they can end up in outlets i doubt they are that dumb. i need to see an sample pic to decide on copping and hopefully material is good cause last i checked these were more durable than foam ones

Originally Posted by BLADE BR0WN

Originally Posted by l Knicks Fresh Knick l

pimp.gif
 those look sweet.. but look at the front air bubble..

non existent
ohwell.gif
sick.gif

I noticed too...

How can you have a Total Max Air Unit without a front air bubble???

And then up the points on them...
30t6p3b.gif

Hopefully this wont be the finished product with that pricepoint...

Just to prove a point to Nike (and i hope everyone follows suit)...

Like most of y'all, i try to cop the marquee nike/jb releases:

But i will pass up on these and wait 'til they drop another 100 dollars cuz i do not
advocate this kind of trickery. It's beyond greedy/sleazy on Nike's behalf. 

These are NOT JORDANS, and no way justifies a price ascendance.

And where the hell is that front air pocket? 

Even TIM DUNCAN will laugh at you if you pay full price on these.

Originally Posted by sneakermane

Originally Posted by POSITE FIEND

another pair it is.

but that site needs to get there facts straight, those are not OG colors. OG's are silver/ photo blue. not all silver/black

i wish they retro'd the photo blues
frown.gif
total_foamposite_sil_3.jpg

If they ever retro the OG colorway...I'll cop. I don't want them all silver joints. I need that blue Nike sign & air bubble!!!

U ALREADY!!!
THIS, if they do come ou like that I will

ddc3666b1ee19eba611a3302f674c66b075b5fb0_r.gif

Price doesn't make sense for a shoe that wasn't that popular due to price everytime it was released. But we keep buying so they will keep raising the price.

Originally Posted by swingshot

Like i always say, Nike have a pretty good idea they won't move too well at 225.

All it's about is screwing the retailer for a little extra on the wholesale price.

hmmm. never looked at it that way, but it damn sure makes perfect sense.
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by BinYe

These are NOT JORDANS, and no way justifies a price ascendance.

That's the thing though, Nike eye the prices JB are getting away with enviously.

JB can charge top dollar for bottom drawer reproductions.

So why can't Nike?

And even if the retailer gets lumbered with them, Nike have their money.
What are they going to do? Order Reebok instead?

The 225 tag on these is us paying the price for Nike's innovation.
In the 90s they cornered the market.
Now they're milking it for every last cent they can.

Hrm, mabye now is a good time to get rid of my og pair then, before all these retros come out. Not that id get the retro tho, im just not a foamposite fan at all. I cant rock solid sliver kicks either lol, what was I thinking.

They wont be as good as the og's anyway, I hope you all know that by now. If they were, the price would be 300 at least. Yall need to realise that 225 in todays dollars is not worth as much as it was back in the 90's, so if the price is the same, the quality will not be.

Fuuuuuuuu!

First time seeing this thread.

I had these back in the day. Loved emmmmm. $225 tho is an easy pass.

Will wait for sale prices.

I will cop release date regardless. I don't care about the price. These shoes have significance to me for the simple fact they were one of the first pair of foams I ever had. Much appreciated Nike.
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

At $225, these WILL sell. 
frown.gif

A large number of you guys posting saying that you are going pass, will buy these at retail.
grin.gif

A number of retro Jordans have been sitting of shelves now in favor of foams. Foamposites are the "it" sneaker right now, its the new status symbol.  That $225 price tag only makes it more attractive because its expensive, so people want them (i.e. Moncler, Prada, Gucci)
frown.gif

I'm only interested if the white pair drops with at least 30% off - real talk

IDK if it's been discussed, but think of it this way: Foamposites sell for $190-$200 alone. Air Max 2010 and Lebron 8 sell for $160. Those two are high price points. Now, take foamposite and throw an air max sole cushioning system, then $225 really isn't that bad.

Originally Posted by Mister Victory

At $225, these WILL sell. 
frown.gif

A large number of you guys posting saying that you are going pass, will buy these at retail.
grin.gif

A number of retro Jordans have been sitting of shelves now in favor of foams. Foamposites are the "it" sneaker right now, its the new status symbol.  That $225 price tag only makes it more attractive because its expensive, so people want them (i.e. Moncler, Prada, Gucci)
frown.gif

I'm only interested if the white pair drops with at least 30% off - real talk
You're really comparing some nikes to moncler, prada and gucci?  Not even the same planet as far as quality or status.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom