ITT: Everything Electro/Dubstep/House/Trance Music

The other day i was reading about ice t and how he started a techno label. The First album is from afrika islam under the alias mr. X, he was in the rock steady crew with bambata in the 70s and 80s then did a lot of work with ice t. Havent had a chance to check out the whole album yet but did listen to the track below and its a little different but i like it. And anyone involved with planet rock is always going to be good in my book. :lol: :smokin

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mixmag...us-techno-label-called-electronic-beat-empire

Edit: if you guys have never heard the planet rock remixes, i recommend them as well the boys noize snd kaytranada ones are :smokin

Last edited:
a Goldie leading collective came out with a album; Act One - Music for inanimate objects. check it out

fHrXMsz.gif

Daft Punk to create 'Technologic'-based installation for Paris electronic music exhibition
An exhibition on electronic music in the Philharmonie De Paris will now feature an installation by Daft Punk.

The duo, AKA Thomas Bangalter and Guy-Manuel De Homem-Christo, have devised a work based on their 2005 track "Technologic." It will form part of a wide-ranging exhibition on electronic music—subtitled From Kraftwerk To Daft Punk—at the French cultural hub.

There will be 3D projections of footage featuring Kraftwerk, and the band is also booked for live shows on July 11th, 12th and 13th. Jean Michel Jarre will lend rare synthesisers from his personal collection. The exhibition, curated by Jean-Yves Leloup, will also be soundtracked by music chosen by Laurent Garnier.

The exhibition will run from Tuesday, April 9th to Sunday, August 11th.

Source: https://www.residentadvisor.net/news/43366

Excited that I’ll be in Paris this summer, and looking to check this. Also at the same time embarrassed to admit I’ve never dug into Kraftwerk’s discography or understood even a semblance of their significance to electronic music until tonight. Been listening to their stuff for a few hours now. Feel super lucky that I’ll be there during the 3 days that they perform here. Hoping I’m able to land tickets though

Back
Top Bottom