ITT: Everything Electro/Dubstep/House/Trance Music

Dance scene is very strong. Something for everybody. On any given Friday and Saturday, you can find something (somewhere) that suits your tastes. And they're not far from each other, relatively speaking. Everything is close in Seattle.

have you ever done decibel festival in seattle? line ups are always dope, and i know it takes place in a variety
of venues in close proximity to each other. i love downtown seattle so it sounds fun as hell.

have you ever done decibel festival in seattle? line ups are always dope, and i know it takes place in a variety
of venues in close proximity to each other. i love downtown seattle so it sounds fun as hell.

Last time I went to Decibel, ironically, was for Deadmau5 literally right before he blew up (this was Fall 2010). He played at friggin' Neumo's, which is just a run-of-the-mill, all-encompassing live music venue.

Right now, the clubs to go are:

Foundation -- the most mainstream, but they get a good mix (Fedde, PvD, A&B, Bingo Players, and a lot of top notch random DJs who've been around since the '90s). I think they poach DJs swinging through Vegas sometimes, because it's cheap to fly them to Seattle from Vegas.
Q -- much more local flavor, but get big acts (BT being a recent one). They have a Funktion 1 system.
Trinity -- old standby, their Blue Room has been electronic for almost a decade
Electric Tea Garden -- haven't been, very local flavor, much more obscure stuff
Volume -- also haven't been (I swear they change the name of the place every couple years). Have some EDM there.
Aston Manor -- new club that's run by the old Pure Management people. Haven't opened yet, but it's a gorgeous club. They'll have some heavy hitters in there. That's in SoDo.

Last time I went to Decibel, ironically, was for Deadmau5 literally right before he blew up (this was Fall 2010). He played at friggin' Neumo's, which is just a run-of-the-mill, all-encompassing live music venue..

i think it would have been much before 2010. i saw deadmau5 nye 2008 and he already had a lotta momentum.
its funny how i cant even imagine a festival like decibel booking deadmau5 nowadays.

this years lineup looking pretty dope. and theres still a 3rd wave yet to be announced :

anyone mess with dayglow before? how was your experience?

Dayglow is easily the most ratchet music event in the universe :lol:

Been there twice (didn't pay for either, I never would unless I was like 20 or under)

First time went with this crazy hot girl who took me, but she basically went cuz it was "the cool thing to do." She wasn't about that life at all so I had a weak time. And then being surrounded by a bunch of disgusting sweaty and ugly kids from the boonies of east Long Island wasn't really popping either.

Second time I went was one of the wildest things I've ever done in my life. I went with a filthy rich friend down in Miami who got the first VIP table ever at dayglow. We were all able to go in the area between the crowd and stage and me and my crew were spraying paint guns at the crowd, dumping buckets of paint on them, and popping ace of spades all over them :lol:

But it was THEE most ratchet thing I've ever been a part of. Young ******* were flashing their **** to us, my homies went into the crowd and would slap girls with paint then make out with them, and when diplo had girls express themselves one chick was basically straight up naked :rofl:

If ur a young dude with a wild crew and wanna rage with molly sluts then do it up. You'll have a night to look back on and laugh about for the rest of your life.

Last edited:
first thing i thought of when i saw that article was my trip down in miami

legit mdma was very hard to come by and that **** was going around heavy. someone who isn't me 8) unknowingly had that bs stuff one night when he did LIV and Space back to back, and took an absurd amount trying to get that mdma feel. the next day he had the absolute WORST comedown of his life. legit depression for the first time ever and it took a while to recover. also had 2 girls come back to the crib but felt like he was cracked out and needed to stay away from everyone. had a suspect jaw and chewing problem for almost a month.

that article downplays how bad that **** could actually be in large doses, be careful brahs and if you're not 100% certain but are willing to take the risk, then just minimize the dosage to play it safe and don't keep on upping it trying to get that same feel again. you're just gunna start feeling ****tier and ****tier the more you take, thinking it's going to eventually kick in and you're gunna get a second wind. its not happening.

Last edited:
Speed/Meth pills will **** you, been down that road (not intentionally) and the come down is very uncomfortable.

Last edited:
There are no words for how amazing edc was. I didn't even see 90% of what I planned to see. They had soo much music, so much artwork, it really was worth every penny. visually mind blowing art with 3d effects, lights, etc etc..... I am exhausted more on this later.

Gervais' remix of Summertime Sadness is also :pimp:

EDC was a blast.

Tiesto and Hardwell killed it. Saw Carl Cox for the first time as well. A little different from the stuff I usually listen to, but it was good. Morgan Page :pimp:

Ending the weekend with Cazzette was a blast as well.

Great weekend!

Last edited:
Forgot to mention, I almost couldn't get into Day 2.

They scanned my card and it said someone already got scanned in :x

Had to do some talking for like 45 minutes before they let me in, :smh:

^lol. love the sarcasm.

jaythejetplane, do you mean scratching? lol

but i can confirm, Baauer does not mix anything. (see Coachella performance) :smh:

wouldnt be surprised if the majority of these bigger DJs dont mix for festival sets.

lol i heard summertime sadness a million times remix a million times.

as well as cannonball.

and fat boy slims eat sleep rave repeat.

i saw claud von stroke and a few others at rehab pool party, and i must say HORRIBLE SETTING for them to be playing. I could vibe to the music and actually enjoyed it but...

I've been to rehab 3 times and it's always wild and ridiculous this time it was fun but just a lot tamer. the music was good but honestly the pool party crowd needs something to sing a long to, grab girls to, splash water to, throw chicks in the pool too.

i saw adam beyer and carl cox they were ******g amazing. legit my first time seeing cox it felt like my first rave ever had no idea what I've been going to before.

missed hawtin unfortunately :/

the wide awake cart was amazing. they played "real house" and i legit followed the cart for like 2.5 hours. very fun experience with all the people i was with there.

krewella had me live as hell. above and beyond was magical. baauer was great and before him i saw 12th planet. had no idea about the artist but i found a new favorite. madeon was amazing. porter was pretty good.

and seriously the art shows and weird **** they had around were some of the coolest. anyone tripping on anything would've had the time of their lives. (I wasn't for the record)

edit: saw the sunrise to borgore :lol: I do not like him at all but that set was awesome and I had a blast. Son played it all. dubstep, trap.... and when he busted out merengue I was just like :smokin

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom