ITT: Everything Electro/Dubstep/House/Trance Music

10 days :pimp:

Links to dirty south's good stuff.

I'm also still open to edc suggestions. As of right now the only definites are richie hawtin and krewella.

also call me shallow but does sanyone know which hardstyle artist I'd have th greatest chance of hearing F.T.S. from? :lol:

Last edited:
took a little hiatus from this thread but the boy is back bruhs

wanted to say thank you to slim for wishing the quick recovery for my achilles tear, unfortunately its been slow and still using 1 crutch :frown:

wound up not doing edcny and prob not going to be doing vegas cuz this ishh.

as for Dirty South, I saw him at Roseland Ballroom back in October and it was honestly my favorite set I've ever experienced. It was a perfect venue and time because IMO that was right at the peak of the whole "big room" sound, and in a perfect venue for that feel. The highlight for me was to see City of Dreams live, and in NYC, the big city of dreams...i felt like my heart was pouring out into the dope laser lights when the guitar riff and vocals kicked in. also had a decent crew, clowned around a little solo and met people, I had girls approaching me cuz of how much I was feeling the music and myself :lol: so it was a great night.

I'm thinking of seeing him again at governors island but I'm pretty sure I'm going to see Chuckie 3 days before that. don't know if im bout that life enough physically yet. i know it sounds crazy that I'm not prioritizing to see the dude who played my favorite set, but I know I wouldn't nearly feel it the same way.

He should draw a solid crowd though of mostly college undergrad aged people. if you fall into that age group you'll most likely have a great time.

Last edited:
also...

checked out both the Daft Punk and Disclosure albums.

my thoughts and opinions (emphasis on that word to avoid riots)

Daft Punk album was cool and different on the first listen but offered little replay value. i think in their typical I'm too cool for the rest of the world nature, they made an album for themselves. which i have no problem with because it's their art, it just means that I, as a fan, like it it less. They made something for themselves to enjoy and as an ode to their inspirations. i really was hoping they'd come in with a completely new sound and just blow the current scene the **** away into a new phase. but it seems like developing a new sound is more often a young mans game. and that's where Disclosure comes in...

I didn't want to give Disclosure a chance at first because of my inner anti-hypebeast, and also because they're so damn young, but the album was great imo. it's not that I felt it from front to back, but all of their singles and defeated no more are standout tracks. they pushed the envelope and had very different and futuristic elements.

To me, the two albums parallel one another because there aren't too many major electronic/dance music releases, the anticipation and proximity of the RDs, and both are duos. but the two albums are very different in that one revisits the past and the other pushes a new sound. it's a safe bet that Disclosure won't ever be as big as daft punk and certainly won't be as revolutionary, but it's possible that there was a figurative passing of the torch done with these 2 album releases.

Last edited:

im hoping this was a request otherwise this is going to have been a waste of time :lol:

assuming you've heard this one, posting in case you haven't

classic festival anthem

older mashup kaskade did over dirty south's beat

if you like those, embrace me, and eyes wide open, and alive are dirty south essentials. he also produced say nothing by example which is a cool song. and if you wanna go really old school and you mess with alternative rock check out his its too late remix and a remix he did with Sebastian Ingrosso to Miike Snow's song Silvia.

Last edited:
I'm also still open to edc suggestions. As of right now the only definites are richie hawtin and krewella.

A mix of what you like and new **** to check:
Above and Beyond (if you've never seen them, good trance live is always :pimp: )
Alex Metric
Armin is kinda a given :lol:
Bixel Boys
Booka Shade
Boys Noize (I'm extremely biased towards him)
Carl Cox & Friends
Claude VonStroke
Crookers
Dubfire
Ean Golden
Prydz
Fake Blood
GREEN VELVET
John Digweed
Justin Martin
Mark Knight
Markus Schulz
Mumbai Science
If Noisia doesn't have their annoying *** hypeman with them they're worth checking
Pete Tong
Sasha
Sub Focus
Tiga

There's some names I don't recognize on the lineup too so I'm sure some of the other guys here can help me out. I wish I could go :frown:

Last edited:
From Sebs free show last night. Dope set

Above and Beyond (if you've never seen them, good trance live is always :pimp: )
Alex Metric
Bixel Boys
Booka Shade
Boys Noize (I'm extremely biased towards him)
Carl Cox & Friends
Claude VonStroke
Crookers
Dubfire
Ean Golden
Prydz
Fake Blood
GREEN VELVET
John Digweed
Justin Martin
Mark Knight
Markus Schulz
Mumbai Science
If Noisia doesn't have their annoying *** hypeman with them they're worth checking
Pete Tong
Sasha
Sub Focus
Tiga

There's some names I don't recognize on the lineup too so I'm sure some of the other guys here can help me out. I wish I could go :frown:

i listening to alex metric today and was impressed. definitely might check him out. boyz noise was actually pretty good too, his sound varies a bit. I'm gonna check out more of them but would you mind identifying a few of their genres if you know of the top of your head :lol:

10 days :pimp:

also call me shallow but does sanyone know which hardstyle artist I'd have th greatest chance of hearing F.T.S. from? :lol:

Above & Beyond ( see them for sure)
Avicii ( a lot of people say his stuff is mainstream but he puts on a show)
Bro Safari ( if you like rap )
Calvin Harris
Carnage
Clockwork AKA R L Grime
Dada Life ( another for sure.
Dannic
Dog Blood
Dyro
Hardwell ( for sure, awesome performer )
Headhunterz ( since i saw you're into hardstyle)
Knife party
Major Lazer ( Possibly the most amazing show you'll see at edc.)
Porter Robinson
Tritonal
Zeds Dead

Gotta check out Destructo, awesome music and sure to be a really cool crowd and people to meet away from the mainstage

My favorite songs by them are LA Funky, Reeperbahn, and Technology

Last edited:
Alex Metric
Bixel Boys- Deep house
Booka Shade- i'm not sure if they're doing a dj set or live set, it'll be a more chill vibe though
Boys Noize (I'm extremely biased towards him)- had techno/acid
Carl Cox & Friends- minimal/tech
Claude VonStroke- deep/tech
Crookers- electro house gods, basically pioneered it. they did split and theres only 1 of them now.
Dubfire- tech/minimal
Ean Golden- does a lot of live remixes, he created djtechtools
Prydz- mix of techno/tech/progressive
Fake Blood- techno/electro house
GREEN VELVET- techno
John Digweed- minimal/tech house
Justin Martin- minimal/tech
Mark Knight- techno/tech
Markus Schulz- trance
Mumbai Science- electro house/techno
If Noisia doesn't have their annoying *** hypeman with them they're worth checking- hard DnB
Pete Tong- garage/deep
Sasha- minimal/tech/deep
Sub Focus- dnb
Tiga- electro/tech

i listening to alex metric today and was impressed. definitely might check him out. boyz noise was actually pretty good too, his sound varies a bit. I'm gonna check out more of them but would you mind identifying a few of their genres if you know of the top of your head :lol:

I tried my best :lol: might be off a little on some of them.

There are so many damn artists at EDC, so I'll give you a list of people you might not have heard of and or/ sets you shouldn't miss

12th Planet - dubstep.. good dj as well and he does a lot of b2b sets, so expect something cool from him at EDC

A-Trak - monster dj

Above & Beyond - cuz duh

Alex Metric - very versatile, mostly electro though. His remix of "Quicksand" by La Roux might be my favorite song

Bloody Beetroots Live - sadly do NOT go to this :\ Beetroots are amazing, but the live show sucks balls and Steve Aoki will probably be screaming his head off the whole set

Booka Shade - house.. weird music but it's so, so good.

Boys Noize - I'm sure you heard of him but he's one of my favorite electro artists

Claude VonStroke - Detroit house legend. See this no matter what

Clockwork - not too sure if he's doing an electro set as Clockwork or trap set as RL Grime, but he's real talented and definitely worth it

Dada Life - SEE THIS SET

Dillon Francis - he's crazy as hell and awesome. So much fun

Dog Blood - Skrillex and Boyz Noise. Intense *** set

Empire of the Sun - DO NOT MISS THIS SET. Old stuff is great and their new album is gonna be amazing. Mmm synthpop

Flosstradamus - TURN UP!

Hardwell - Not a huge fan of his, but dammit his live show is great

Headhunterz - hardstyle, duh.

Jack Beats - electro, dub, fidget.. awesome

Jamie Jones - deep house

Justin Martin - MUST SEE. Probably my favorite house artist

Major Lazer - Another must see. Diplo is god

Nadastrom - If you like Dillon Francis. Dave Nada aka NADASTROM is the creator of moombahton

Noisia - dubstep and dnb.. I think you'll like this set

Pete Tong - It's all gone Pete Tong!... yeah... LEGEND

Richie Hawtin presents enter. - of course. I think the "enter" part means it's its own stage

Rusko - all time favorite dubstep artist

Sub Focus - dnb!

TNT - Technoboy and Tuneboy.. hardstyle. See this set!

Technoboy - half of TNT

Tuneboy - the other half of TNT

The Do LaB - When you see some awesome and trippy architecture, you have reached The Do LaB. It's a great meeting point for groups, but more importantly, it's a dope stage. You'll hear a lot of future bass music (like PANTYRAiD, MiMOSA, Big Gigantic) which is one of my favorite genres.

Tritonal - my favorite trance act at the moment

Wolfgang Gartner - WG has started playing more cheese house, so that's a disappointment. I still really like a lot of his old stuff though...

Zeds Dead - You awready know. This set will be epic.

Last edited:
There are so many damn artists at EDC, so I'll give you a list of people you might not have heard of and or/ sets you shouldn't miss

i dont think theres anyone on ur list that the avg "edm" fan hasnt heard of. theyre all pretty established artists. i dont even listen to/like most artists on your list but ive heard their names and a track or 2 before. there are tons of way more obscure/new artists on that lineup than the ones you mentioned.

o, and dubfire and umek play more techno than tech house id say. they may play some house during their sets but they are techno djs.

Rusko - all time favorite dubstep artist

really? rusko is your favorite dubstep artist of all time? of ALL TIME? LOL

neway,here is the list of who id go see that i posted a while back.

if i were going, these are who i would check out : above & beyond, adam beyer, art department, booka shade, carl cox & friends (wonder who the friends are), claude vonstroke, cosmic gate, craze (assuming this is the dj craze that i know), crosstown rebels presents get lost (wonder who teh djs are), damian lazarus, dubfire, empire of the sun, green velvet, jamie jones, john digweed, just blaze (did yall know he likes/spins house? lol), justin martin, laidback luke, loco dice, major lazer, mark knight, markus schulz, i would check out what opulent temple stage is all about (its a burning man thing), paco osuna, richie hawtin, sasha, sander van doorn, subb-an, the do lab stage, tiga, umek, yousef.

and like i always do at festivals, id go check out random djs ive never heard of. thats one of the funnest parts of a festival. i recommend you do that as well.

^Rusko is one of my faves as well, eff what other ppl have to say, i don't listen to music for their approval, i listen to it bc i like it :D

Rusko - all time favorite BROstep artist
Fixed

Seriously though?

Over Coki? Mala? Skream? Digital Mystikz? Loefah? Caspa? Gemmy? Zed Bias? RUF?

Man you must be one of those brostep people.  Do you like Skrillex too? Datsik? 12th Planet? St. Eden dude?

Man...you do not love bass music.  You love the travesty America has turned it into..

Really? I love some of the artists you posted but I'm done talking about this.

Rusko makes LOT of non brostep songs

Future bass >>> dubstep anyways.

Last edited:

what happened to your reply and my reply to your reply? did admins delete them? lol

rusko is the godfather of brostep lol im sure youve heard this interview b4 where he says people took that sht too far and hes tryna distance himself from that sound lol

lol@ future bass

all those names like "post dubstep" or "future garage" are dumb.

Labels are dumb but you sure throw around "brostep" a lot. Labels are used so people can find similar music. Does it make sense to put Four Tet and Datsik in the same category?

Labels are dumb but you sure throw around "brostep" a lot. Labels are used so people can find similar music. Does it make sense to put Four Tet and Datsik in the same category?

brostep is a widely accepted derogatory term used to describe a specific sector of dubstep. so, ill allow it. lol
its not meant to be used seriously to describe an actual genre.

future bass on the other hand is just a dumb label.

of course you cant put four tet and datsik in teh same category, but you dont have to use a term like future bass.
theres no need when you already have the term brostep to distinguish the latter. lol.

speaking of four tet, this video is trippy as fck. i feel like im on shrooms when i watch it lol

Last edited:

Future bass has no real meaning.  There are already defined genres within the umbrella bass music category.

I actually am a guy for labels but future bass (at least not for now) hasn't really fleshed out its own sound apart from existing genres thus I find it a stupid genre/label for music.

i would also check out these artists at edc...

Adam Beyer - he throws down nasty aggressive techno. saw him at exchange LA. i like him better than say, Carl Cox.
Booka Shade - really dope live show. high energy. theyre rarely on the west coast.
Claude Vonstroke - booty bass beats. really fun dj sets.
Infinity Ink - crosstown rebels group. dope deep music.
Justin Martin - see claude vonstroke
anything from the Enter Stage and Carl Cox & Friends.
Pete Tong - his selection of tech house is amazing. i enjoyed him alot at coachella.
Digweed
Sasha

and dont forget to check out Richie Hawtin on the mainstage on Sunday. guarenteed to blow your mind... and clear the dancefloor haahha.

i just heard this song today. oh man, its sexy as hell. :x :smh:

thank you everybody for thee wonderful advice. I will be trying to mix and match and see tons of artists in a wide range of genres.

zube thanks a bunch dude. listen to ean golden today and fell in love.

does anyone listen to a-track and ean golden.

I'm trying to get one live mixing DJ... as you already know how most of edc is gonna be :lol:

wow also thought bloody beetroots live would be awesome... disappointing. was planning on seeing them but might not now.

will def look into adam beyer tomorrow or tonight. I want some good techno.

Thanks again everyone!!!

Back
Top Bottom