ITT: Everything Electro/Dubstep/House/Trance Music

I actually am a guy for labels but future bass (at least not for now) hasn't really fleshed out its own sound apart from existing genres thus I find it a stupid genre/label for music.

Dont get me wrong, im not against labels. Just against dumb ones.

and dont forget to check out Richie Hawtin on the mainstage on Sunday. guarenteed to blow your mind... and clear the dancefloor haahha.]
Lol funny how that happens wit him. Happened when he played nocturnal 08? 09? Cant remember. I had plenty of room tho lol

Last edited:
Not sure if they updated the entire list but I just saw they added Cazzette to the line up. Amped as hell for their set. I was upset they weren't put on it initially.

Babylon Vol. 1 is a great project from Rusko, plus his Fabriclive mix with Caspa. He did start heading in a different direction with his music shortly after though.

Babylon Vol. 1 is a great project from Rusko, plus his Fabriclive mix with Caspa. He did start heading in a different direction with his music shortly after though.

babylon was alright. i actaully fcked with rusko back then. and the fabriclive mix with caspa was definitely a coming out party for
dubstep to the mainstream. its a great mix, and you can definitely hear the seeds of the brostep sound within w/o the cheesyness.
so yea ill give him that. but his productions these days? lol has anyone heard his "DnB" track he posted not long ago? str8 garbage lol.

babylon was alright. i actaully fcked with rusko back then. and the fabriclive mix with caspa was definitely a coming out party for
dubstep to the mainstream. its a great mix, and you can definitely hear the seeds of the brostep sound within w/o the cheesyness.
so yea ill give him that. but his productions these days? lol has anyone heard his "DnB" track he posted not long ago? str8 garbage lol.
I miss the old days when the Jamaica/British sound was most prevelant in dubstep.

Eric Prydz - Layers

pimp.gif

Last edited:
That makes me embarrassed to be from Seattle. The electronic scene has always been strong here, and not filled with that garbage lol.

i lived in tacoma for about 6 years. although i was too young to go to raves n what not, but i remember all the older kids talking bout it n sht.
i did wear the jnco's and visors n pullover windbreakers n sht lol i didnt really even know that they stemmed from the rave scene lol.
i know donald glaude is from the area. i miss seattle. such a beautiful city/area. hows teh dance music scene there?

BRING BACK OUR SONICS!!! lol

Last edited:
i lived in tacoma for about 6 years. although i was too young to go to raves n what not, but i remember all the older kids talking bout it n sht.
i did wear the jnco's and visors n pullover windbreakers n sht lol i didnt really even know that they stemmed from the rave scene lol.
i know donald glaude is from the area. i miss seattle. such a beautiful city/area. hows teh dance music scene there?

BRING BACK OUR SONICS!!! lol

Dance scene is very strong. Something for everybody. On any given Friday and Saturday, you can find something (somewhere) that suits your tastes. And they're not far from each other, relatively speaking. Everything is close in Seattle.

Not sure if they updated the entire list but I just saw they added Cazzette to the line up. Amped as hell for their set. I was upset they weren't put on it initially.

Had a chance to see him when he opened for Avicii at the Warfield.

Real good!

will deep house be a lot better in a club atmosphere?

Claude VonStroke, Cajmere, Justin Martin & J Phlip.

seeing them at a club vs at edc. since i wanna see a lot of artists i might just see that genre at the club with the exception of hawtin sunday but I'm wondering what you guys think.

and I know this next question is going to get a huge negative response but... :rofl: better here or at the festival?

Last edited:
that genre. I figure it's more made for indoors then the loud outside of edc.... but i could be wrong :lol:

I've actually never been to a deep house / minimal show or stage.

and like i said next week im planning on hitting like every genre up

Yeah it's def better in a dark club environment. As far as :rofl: goes, I'd def do it at EDC over a club show.

seeing them at a club vs at edc. since i wanna see a lot of artists i might just see that genre at the club with the exception of hawtin sunday but I'm wondering what you guys think.

and I know this next question is going to get a huge negative response but... :rofl: better here or at the festival?

i dont think id categorize the sound of any of the 4 djs you mentioned as "deep". theyre all great tho.

if i had to choose, id prefer house and techno in a club or warehouse.
house and techno are club music first and foremost. thats where it started, and thats where to me the energy/vibe feels the most right.

its not that i dont like house or techno at festivals, i love it. but its a totally different crowd and vibe and i know this going in beforehand. i go to festivals for the festival experience.
but if you want that house/techno vibe, cant beat a dark intimate dancefloor.
when the right venue, the right music, the right sound system, the right lighting, the right crowd, and the right energy come together at the right time, its pure magic.

examples of said magic :

that genre. I figure it's more made for indoors then the loud outside of edc.... but i could be wrong :lol:

I've actually never been to a deep house / minimal show or stage.

you mean good/real/"underground" house when you say deep house right? but remember not all "underground" house is "deep". i just simply say 'house'.
and by minimal, im assuming u mean techno. similarly, not all techno is minimal. i personally dont care for minimal techno.
i like the hard banging stuff.

and i wouldnt refer to a club night/party as a "show". i just call it a party b/c thats what it essentially is and should be.

and before you take all that the wrong way, dont get offended lol im not pointing out all that just to be an a sshole.
im jus tryna help you out kid since you seem to be interested in coming to the dark side lol
think about the things i pointed out, and why i felt they needed to be addressed. could be beneficial.

Last edited:
Anyone here mess with the mark knight/toolroom records sound?

Really been feeling it lately, especially for the summer and was wondering what some essential tracks are to have

Last edited:

i love dirtybird. my favorite record label and artists. itll for sure be a fun party. always is. lots of 808 basslines and whatnot.

vonstroke has a combination of booty bass tech house and techno. hell throw in some drum n bass in there.
justin martin's style is bassy with more melodies. he mixes in some deep stuff.
jphlip's style is probably the deepest. her sets will be bassy tho.

cajmere/green velvet will probably play more of a techno set im guessing.

but seeing them at a fest , theyll play alot more dancefloor bombs... a bit ravier if you will. i always like to see dirtybird at festivals because they dont play too many out here. they do alot more club shows.

for $20, why not? sunday at edc is super stacked so you might not have alot of time to see what.

vonstroke has a combination of booty bass tech house and techno. hell throw in some drum n bass in there.
justin martin's style is bassy with more melodies. he mixes in some deep stuff.
jphlip's style is probably the deepest. her sets will be bassy tho.

cajmere/green velvet will probably play more of a techno set im guessing.

pretty right on.

and ive seen green velvet at a festival b4. he played chicago hard house and techno mostly.
i donno if it makes a difference if hes billed as cajmere tho. prolly not.

I thank everyone for the contributiona nd I'm not mad at all for correcting me. That's really just a brain fart because it's a big divide between these artists and the others in vegas next weekend that I'm sure you're aware of it. Taking everyones opinion into account and I can not wait!!! woooo.

Back
Top Bottom